Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Interior, Exterior & Lighting

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:54 AM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube
Default How to Easily Remove Nite Shades (Mostly For Taillights)

Courtesy of http://www.focusfanatics.com

--------------------
So, I ended up Nite Shading my tails and they turned out a bit too dark for my liking. I had applied a few layers of clear over them as well, so I am dealing with multiple layers here. After going over, under, and around the intarwebs, I had decided the first route to take was to buy some plastic safe graffiti remover.

I bought Goof Off (not Goo Gone) and Motsenbocker's Lift Off - They definitely make the clear turn gooey, but it still seemed like too much of a chore. Mind you, I was impatient - so I only spent about 5 minutes with the sprays, lol. But I decided it would be more hassle than I cared for and I REFUSED TO SAND!!

So then .... I grabbed a new rag and a good ol' fashioned can of lawn mower gas. I laid the tail light down and poured the gas over an area and then on the rag and just laid into it a bit ... rubbing with a bit of pressure, nothing ridiculous, and it just came right off. I had the tail light back to it's original state, clear lense, not melted - in a matter of minutes. I'll be damned.

So there you have it. Screw buying anything.

DO NOT USE: Goof Off, Laquer thinner, graffiti remover, oven cleaner, alcohol (accept maybe at the end to do a final clean and remove residue), sand paper << that's just dumb.

DO USE: Gas and a rag.

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
Latinmaxima (05-08-2012)
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-22-2010, 11:05 AM   #2
1st Place Maxima

Official Member #: 77

Reputation Level: 27
chulo will become famous soon enoughchulo will become famous soon enough

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Awards:
Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

/ Point Value: 10

Banner of The Month  

/ Point Value: 10

Default Re: How to Easily Remove Nite Shades (Mostly For Taillights)

or bring them to me. we have a way and most likely re-clear them so they look brand new.
chulo is offline   Send a private message to chulo Find more posts by chulo Add chulo to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
Premier Member

Official Member #: 4813

Reputation Level: 13
DizzyinK KustomS will become famous soon enough

Participation Level: 29%
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

bump
DizzyinK KustomS is offline   Send a private message to DizzyinK KustomS Find more posts by DizzyinK KustomS Add DizzyinK KustomS to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #4
Executive Member

Official Member #: 1924

Reputation Level: 24
Latinmaxima is on a distinguished road

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Visit Latinmaxima's Facebook Visit Latinmaxima's PS3 Profile Visit Latinmaxima's YouTube Visit Latinmaxima's Xbox Gamercard

Thanks for sharing!