Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Interior, Exterior & Lighting

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:07 AM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube
Default How to Disassemble Center Console

Member Credit: TEQ-NIQ

Step 1: Remove shifter knob - Shifter knob is made of two parts, the leather handle, and the lower aluminum-looking cone-shaped piece. Grasp the cone-shaped lower piece, rotate counter-clockwise and pull down at the same time to release from shifter handle. Once this is done, there is a small gold clip holding the handle in place, remove this and handle will slide off, remove this as cone-shaped piece.

Click the image to open in full size.

WARNING:
If you twist the shift knob thing as instructed you will end up breaking it. You just need to pull down on that plastic piece. There is a TSB addressing this issue.

Step 2: Remove wood-colored faceplate and shifter piece - Open cup holder door. Using your fingers, press along edge of wood piece where cup holder door goes and pull up. Gentle but heavy force may be needed to pull up plate. Make sure you are slightly pushing the side of the plate inwards while you do this. Once you get the end of it released, you'll need to put the key in the ignition, turn it till the air comes on, put foot on the brake and move shifter knob into the neutral position. Lift up the whole plate to completely release. Underneath there are two connectors, one brown and one white, that you will need to disconnect before removing plate. Set aside.

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

Step 3: remove two lower screws that hold the dash kit in place, place them in a safe place. Use fingers on inside of lower storage area (below cassette opening) to pull out the dash kit and release from its clips. Remove lower half first, then pull out upper half. there is another connector on the back of that piece that needs to be unplugged. Set dash kit aside.

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Step 4: Remove 2 screws holding in climate/audio control panel and LED screen. Holding this panel from underneath the radio controls, Pull piece outwards. The two middle air vents are also attached, and will come out as well. Lift out lower end first, then tilt upwards to release clips holding in the top edge. One connector on the back needs to be removed.

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Step 5: Remove LED screen: remove 4 small gold screws on both sides of LED screen housing to separate screen from the rest of the panel.

Now you have successfully removed the LED screen. Pretty easy! To put back in, screw 4 gold screws back in, put whole panel piece back in first by inserting clips on top edge back through their holes, then slowly lower front edge down while making sure top edge stays flush with rest of dash. Carefully reconnect the plug, then lower all the way back flush. Screw back in the 2 screws. take Dash kit, reconnect wires, pop in the top part first back into slots, then lower part, then screw in 2 screws at bottom. Put the car back in neutral, plug in 2 connectors to shifter panel (brown and white), then slip shifter tube through the hole on the shifter panel, and carefully fit the panel back into place, starting with the edge closest to the dash and ending with the edge closest to the armrest/cup holder. Place cone part of shifter back over steel tube, place shifter knob on and carefully slide the gold clip back through the white part of the shifter knob, it should line up with the 2 grooves on either side of the knob and the 2 grooves on steel tube. Slide cone-shaped part back up and carefully rotate over gold clip until its tight. It may take a couple tries to get this last part right.

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #2

Official Member #: 3935

Reputation Level: 0
max!mus is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Re: How to Disassemble Center Console

very helpful, thank you
max!mus is offline   Send a private message to max!mus Find more posts by max!mus Add max!mus to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #3
Reputable Member

Official Member #: 1598

Reputation Level: 21
smittybizzle will become famous soon enough

I can do this in my sleep . Thanks Eddy .
smittybizzle is offline   Send a private message to smittybizzle Find more posts by smittybizzle Add smittybizzle to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #4
Always For Self

Official Member #: 50

Reputation Level: 18
craze is on a distinguished road

My Awards:
Honorable Ride  

/ Point Value: 5

Visit craze's Facebook Visit craze's PS3 Profile

Lol it amazes people have fast I can take apart this

Posted Via Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #5

Official Member #: 2876

Reputation Level: 0
ebc702 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
ebc702 is offline   Send a private message to ebc702 Find more posts by ebc702 Add ebc702 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #6
Executive Member

Official Member #: 1924

Reputation Level: 24
Latinmaxima is on a distinguished road

Visit Latinmaxima's Facebook Visit Latinmaxima's PS3 Profile Visit Latinmaxima's YouTube Visit Latinmaxima's Xbox Gamercard

Damn I thought the was the center console like the armrest part. Any one done a how to yet for that?
Old 02-15-2012, 05:10 PM   #7
Senior Moderator

Official Member #: 63

Reputation Level: 58
1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

V.I.P Member  

/ Point Value: 15

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

Official Ride  

I wrote one up for the 07-08...apparently the 04-06 is much more involved. I can have the center console out of my car in about 5 minutes.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:15 PM   #8
Official Member

Official Member #: 3833

Reputation Level: 14
Wil~Bones will become famous soon enough

thats whats up, i really needed this
Old 02-15-2012, 05:17 PM   #9
Glendales Official 6th Gen

Official Member #: 2651

Reputation Level: 35
Kenny has a spectacular aura aboutKenny has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Visit Kenny's PS3 Profile Visit Kenny's Xbox Gamercard

Does anyone know if a double din will fit in the led screen location if I removed that bar behind it?

Follow Me On Instagram/Twitter:@0mg350z
Kenny is offline   Send a private message to Kenny Find more posts by Kenny Add Kenny to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #10
Executive Member

Visit Latinmaxima's Facebook Visit Latinmaxima's PS3 Profile Visit Latinmaxima's YouTube Visit Latinmaxima's Xbox Gamercard

It just depends on the depth and width of the double din but it has been done.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:04 AM   #11
Premier Member

Official Member #: 89

Reputation Level: 44
DAlastDON is a jewel in the roughDAlastDON is a jewel in the roughDAlastDON is a jewel in the roughDAlastDON is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:

Banner of The Month  

Originally Posted by kaygmaxima View Post
Does anyone know if a double din will fit in the led screen location if I removed that bar behind it?
I would not want to live without my AC ducts. The pipe could also serve as a structural support to stiffen the chassis of the car.

Originally Posted by latinismo View Post
It just depends on the depth and width of the double din but it has been done.
I think i saw a 6th gen on the other org that did it with a little fiberglass work too. There is not much room behind the info screens. A LCD screen will fit without removing the pipe but i do not think there is enough room to fit anything in there large enough to play a CD without modification of some sort.

Inside Peanutbutter Outside Jelly
DAlastDON is offline   Send a private message to DAlastDON Find more posts by DAlastDON Add DAlastDON to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-16-2012, 01:11 AM   #12
Senior Moderator
The Capital's 6th Gen

Official Member #: 1765

Reputation Level: 58
officerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:

Supporting Family Member  

Official Ride  

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

Originally Posted by latinismo View Post
Damn I thought the was the center console like the armrest part. Any one done a how to yet for that?
How far are you needing to go?
officerfrasher is offline   Send a private message to officerfrasher Find more posts by officerfrasher Add officerfrasher to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-16-2012, 02:08 AM   #13
Glendales Official 6th Gen

Official Member #: 2651

Reputation Level: 35
Kenny has a spectacular aura aboutKenny has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Visit Kenny's PS3 Profile Visit Kenny's Xbox Gamercard

Originally Posted by DAlastDON View Post
I would not want to live without my AC ducts. The pipe could also serve as a structural support to stiffen the chassis of the car.

I think i saw a 6th gen on the other org that did it with a little fiberglass work too. There is not much room behind the info screens. A LCD screen will fit without removing the pipe but i do not think there is enough room to fit anything in there large enough to play a CD without modification of some sort.
Dang well I don't want to damage anything I really want a double din but I hate how it looks in the middle, I want for it to look stock

Follow Me On Instagram/Twitter:@0mg350z
Kenny is offline   Send a private message to Kenny Find more posts by Kenny Add Kenny to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #14
Executive Member

Originally Posted by officerfrasher View Post

How far are you needing to go?
I need to replace the blank in between the front seat heater switches. I had a switch in there for my FM modulator but since I don't need that anymore it is a big nasty hole and I want to replace it with a new blank.