Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Interior, Exterior & Lighting

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:49 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 14322

Reputation Level: 0
Tsulz is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Headlight Mod Help

I want my headlights too look exactly like the second picture. I know I would first have to give the outside a nice restore and get the haze off. Than I would have to paint the inner light black with some kind of spray paint. I realized that on my headlights now I have a xenon headlight which is pretty bright and I like it but the upper light is orangeish like shown in the first pic. What light is that? how do I get it changed to not have that orange look to it and also I wanted to know how to get that orange strip on the headlight too look like like the second picture. I wanna know how I can make my headlights look like this and all the materials I would need. Im assuming I need a headlight restoration kit, some sort of spray paint, some sort of piece for the orange reflector, hid headlight bulbs, and a halo kit? I really have no idea what to do I just want my headlight to look mean to match my black 05' max.

Click the image to open in full size.

Tsulz is offline   Send a private message to Tsulz Find more posts by Tsulz Add Tsulz to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-29-2013, 10:33 PM   #2
Official Member

Official Member #: 7303

Reputation Level: 12
ShawnD will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Headlight mod help

How to Take Apart and Paint Your Headlights

I think the parking lights are just amber bulbs so it would just need to be changed I guess, the side orange strip just needs to replaced or painted maybe.
ShawnD is offline   Send a private message to ShawnD Find more posts by ShawnD Add ShawnD to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-30-2013, 11:47 AM   Thread Starter #3

Originally Posted by ShawnD View Post

I think the parking lights are just amber bulbs so it would just need to be changed I guess, the side orange strip just needs to replaced or painted maybe.
Ok didnt know they were called parking lights but would it be illegal to swap them out with an HID light. same thing with the orange deflector, if i change this to the whiteish color like the second pic has will it be considered illegal? I live in NY.
Tsulz is offline   Send a private message to Tsulz Find more posts by Tsulz Add Tsulz to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-30-2013, 11:47 AM   Thread Starter #4

Originally Posted by ShawnD View Post

Ok didnt know they were called parking lights but would it be illegal to swap them out with an HID light. same thing with the orange deflector, if i change this to the whiteish color like the second pic has will it be considered illegal? I live in NY.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:27 PM   #5
Official Member

I can't tell you what's legal or illegal where you live but there a bunch of NY members that maybe could help.
ShawnD is offline   Send a private message to ShawnD Find more posts by ShawnD Add ShawnD to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-30-2013, 02:43 PM   #6
Burnt Orange

Official Member #: 2887

Reputation Level: 33
BurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Tsulz View Post
It is definately illegal. You are required by the DOTmotor vehicle safety to be visible as well as reflective in the front with Amber or white and red in the rear of the vehicle. Ive never had a problem for mine but ive added amber LED strips visible from the side like OEM for the specific reason of "legality"
-=My Build Tread=-
BurntOrangeAppeal is offline   Send a private message to BurntOrangeAppeal Find more posts by BurntOrangeAppeal Add BurntOrangeAppeal to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-31-2013, 10:21 AM   #7
Official Member

Official Member #: 10843

Reputation Level: 6
Jugghead is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Headlight Mod Help

Side markers are illegal painted. Mine are tinted dark. Haven't had any problems with cops yet but I'm sure they could mess with me if they wanted to. They still reflect some when light hits them. Look up switchbacks for the parking lights/ turn signals. They are white but turn amber when u turn. I painted my housings black but didn't do the halo/LEDs . Search headlight mods and u can find anything your looking for. These guys have done it all.
Jugghead is offline   Send a private message to Jugghead Find more posts by Jugghead Add Jugghead to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-31-2013, 05:34 PM   #8
Executive Member

Official Member #: 684

Reputation Level: 73
Thundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

/ Point Value: 5

Go over to my7thgen.org. A member by the name of @kmoney does some very impressive headlight mods. I believe he is in Queens.

Check out this link:
http://my7thgen.org/f175/few-my-rece...ications-1378/

And this one too:

http://my7thgen.org/f175/few-my-vide...ight-mods-160/

Good luck.

Originally quoted by SH@Y86
Every time I think of judge Judy I think of her sitting in a court room with a name plate that reads Thundershott
Thundershott is offline   Send a private message to Thundershott Find more posts by Thundershott Add Thundershott to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-31-2013, 08:45 PM   #9
Official Member

If I could afford a second set of lamps I'd send them off to him, he does nice work.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:16 PM   #10
Official Member

Official Member #: 10843

Reputation Level: 6
Jugghead is an unknown quantity at this point

His work is crazy good.
Shurin (12-30-2013)
Jugghead is offline   Send a private message to Jugghead Find more posts by Jugghead Add Jugghead to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top