Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Intakes, Headers & Exhaust

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 08-28-2010, 02:17 AM   Thread Starter #1
Donating Member

my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 86

Reputation Level: 25
Max Power will become famous soon enoughMax Power will become famous soon enough

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

Visit Max Power's YouTube
Default How to Install Fujita Cold Air Intake

Courtesy of Nismo4life07

How to's : Fujita Cold Air Intake Install Instructions

Ok, tools needed are a short Phillips head screwdriver, a flat head screwdriver to help pop out the body clips, needle nose pliers, a 10mm socket and also I believe you will need an 11mm but I forget if you do or not. But make sure they are deep socket because they will be a little easier for you to use.

Ok so, first make sure your car is on a somewhat level surface and your not on any gravel, cuz your going to need to be able to get under the driver side of the car. Once that's done, turn your wheels alllll the way to the left so that if your sitting next to your drivers side headlight and look at your tire you will just see tread.

Then pop the hood and then go to the stock intake. Right where the intake manifold meets the air box there should be a clamp. Unscrew the screw a little so you can slide the sleeve off with no problem but don't actually take it off yet. Then go to the front and pop out the 4 little pins holding on the air dam just over the front grille. Then there should be a little connector box that goes from the air dam to the air box. Finagle that out. Lol.

Then there is a black bracket that is holding the air box to the fender. Unscrew the one that's holding the air box. Tge screw is a 10mm like almost every bolt on the car lol. There are two more screws in that bracket that you will remove shortly but you can't get them yet. Then there is a black vacuum hose that comes off the air box sleeve and goes to the engine. On each end of the hose there are 2 clamps. Pinch them in to release them. Remove the hose. Put those clamps on the black vacuum homse that was provided in the jita box. Now disconnect your mass air flow sensor. Real easy to do. Just pinch in the clip and pull it out of the sensor. Then you will need to use some needle nose pliers to pinch in the thing that is holding the lines for the MAF so you can re-route the MAF to the other side of the intake.

Now you should be able to pull out the whole stock air intake. There are 2 pegs on gromits on the bottom of the box so you will have to use a little force. When you take out the airbox put of to the side cuz you will need it in a little bit.

Now here's the dirty part. Inside the wheel well on the driver side there are 4 clips like the air dam had. One is pretty much circled by a dimple in the plastic covering. It's in front of the wheel. It's in this configuration. (one on very top, another about 6 inches towards the front of the car but a little lower, then another straight below that and then one last one down close to the bottom and more towards the front.) The last one is very hard to see but should be easier to see if you get on the ground. I usually just lean a lot towards the driver side door to see it. Then you will need to get down on the ground in front of the driver side wheel and unscrew the 2 black Phillips head screws that are holding in the rest of the wheel well. After you have the 4 pins and 2 screws out you will be able to pull mist of the bottom plastic shield and wheel well almost off to where it's just about sitting on the wheel. Then get your head and arms completely
under the fog light assembly and make it so you can see the reservoir box. That box was connected to your OEM air box. There are 2 10mm bolts that are holding it in. One is by the opening in the top where you took the air box off. And the other is down towards the front bumper. Once you get those 2 bolts you can pull it out with a little finagling from the bottom since the box is a little big.

Now you will need to transfer the MAF sensor from the OEM air box to the jita. There are 2 screws that I just used pliers to unscrew cuz I don't have those type of tools to remove the stock screws. Now, BE VERY CAREFUL with this MAF since it is about $230 to replace it. I only hold it by the outer black plastic part. Now get the jita and slide in the MAF and put the 2 screws in. The screw holes will only line up one way so you can't put it in wrong.

Now once that is in set it down and go back to your engine bay. Remember that black bracket that was holding the OEM air box to the fender? You are now able to get to the other two screws and remove it. In the jita box there should be a rubber grommit that screws into the fender in the screw hole that is closest to the front that the bracket just came off. And there is only one way that will screw all the way in as well.

You are now about to install the jita!!!!

Now, the jita should have a black sleeve that slides onto your intake manifold. Make sure before you slide the sleeve and jita onto your manifold that both clamps are on the sleeve. One to clamp around the intake and one to clamp around the jita. Oh yeah, leave the cone filter off for now. Ok so once you get the jita on the intake you can slide the prongs on the side of the jita onto that rubber grommit and secure it with a washer and nut that they supply you with. Then you pull the MAF wires around to the side where the connector is. Clip it in. Then get on the ground with the cone filter and slip it into the bottom and onto your jita. Screw the clamp Down so it's secure. And make sure it's as close to level as can be. The way you do that is, there is a part of the jita where the tubing kinda flares out. Put the ring of the filter right on that and tighten. You don't want to slide the tube all the way into the filter cuz it won't work right if you do.
Like I said just tighten the ring right around the flared out part. Now you can close up the wheel well. Put in the 4 body panels clips and the 2 screws and make sure the bumper and fender are on the outer side. Like I mean tuck everything in like it was. Then go back to the engine bay.

Remember that black vacuum hose I had you put those little clamps on? Slide the one end on the jita and the other on the engine just like the stock hose. This one is just a little longer than the stock hose. Once that is connected and everything is tight you can put the air dam back on, if you want. You can leave it off. It's just your preference.

Now your done!!!! Rev up your engine and it will sound like a BEAST!!!!!
:bang: :bang: :bang:

please feel free to PM me if you have ANY questions. I've installed the fujita so many times i could do it in my sleep.. haha. :banana:
Max Power is offline   Send a private message to Max Power Find more posts by Max Power Add Max Power to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-21-2010, 01:15 AM   #2

Official Member #: 1060

Reputation Level: 0
DEX3STACKS is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: How to Install Fujita Cold Air Intake

INJEN
DEX3STACKS is offline   Send a private message to DEX3STACKS Find more posts by DEX3STACKS Add DEX3STACKS to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-21-2010, 01:17 AM   #3
Banned

Official Member #: 328

My Awards:
Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

This would probably go for all intakes but you might want to post this is the technical questions section to get an answer.
maximus is banned   Send a private message to maximus Find more posts by maximus Add maximus to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-21-2010, 02:15 AM   #4
Official Sweet Action 6.5gen

Official Member #: 117

Reputation Level: 66
Nismo4Life07 is a jewel in the roughNismo4Life07 is a jewel in the roughNismo4Life07 is a jewel in the roughNismo4Life07 is a jewel in the rough

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

My Awards:
Official Ride  

Supporting Family Member  

Honorable Ride  

/ Point Value: 5

Honorable Ride  

Visit Nismo4Life07's Facebook Visit Nismo4Life07's PS3 Profile Visit Nismo4Life07's YouTube

^^ I thought my sticky was gone into the abyss!!!!! Lol. Thanks Max Power for bringin it back!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2010, 02:20 AM   #5
Banned

My Awards:

Great write up bro. Gonna use these instructions in the future.
maximus is banned   Send a private message to maximus Find more posts by maximus Add maximus to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-21-2010, 02:24 AM   #6

Nismo4Life07 is a jewel in the roughNismo4Life07 is a jewel in the roughNismo4Life07 is a jewel in the roughNismo4Life07 is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:
Official Ride  

Supporting Family Member  

Honorable Ride  

Honorable Ride  

Visit Nismo4Life07's Facebook Visit Nismo4Life07's PS3 Profile Visit Nismo4Life07's YouTube

Awesome! Let me know if you have any questions at all!
Old 10-21-2010, 02:27 AM   #7
Banned

My Awards:

Definitely man
Old 11-11-2010, 11:16 PM   #8

Official Member #: 1141

pjalst1 is an unknown quantity at this point

any pics?
pjalst1 is offline   Send a private message to pjalst1 Find more posts by pjalst1 Add pjalst1 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-11-2010, 11:27 PM   #9

My Awards:
Official Ride  

Supporting Family Member  

Honorable Ride  

Honorable Ride  

sorry, i wrote this while lying on a couch in a different city when another member emailed me asking for instructions. lol. BUT, feel free to ask any questions and we all will be more than happy to help and answer them. trust me.. between all of us here, there are YEARS of knowledge flowing thorugh this site.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:28 PM   #10
Official Member
Donating Member

Official Member #: 141

Reputation Level: 17
PhantomMax is on a distinguished road

My Awards:
Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

Originally Posted by Nismo4Life07 View Post
sorry, i wrote this while lying on a couch in a different city when another member emailed me asking for instructions. lol. BUT, feel free to ask any questions and we all will be more than happy to help and answer them. trust me.. between all of us here, there are YEARS of knowledge flowing thorugh this site.

Question. I got a good deal on a used Fujita. I don't know what came in the box. From your instructions is seems I'm missing the black sleeve that slides onto your intake manifold? Can I just use the one already on the stock box? All I got was the clamps and still have to order two more from Fujita site.

Pic shows what I have
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IM002173.jpg (92.8 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by PhantomMax; 12-24-2010 at 06:48 PM.
PhantomMax is offline   Send a private message to PhantomMax Find more posts by PhantomMax Add PhantomMax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-24-2010, 06:01 PM   #11

My Awards:
Official Ride  

Supporting Family Member  

Honorable Ride  

Honorable Ride  

No, you will need a rubber coupler. Go to your nearest auto zone or auto parts store and get one. Shouldn't be but about $10 if that.

Also, side note, if you are lowered or have bigger than oem wheels, you may have to take off the front driver side wheel for maximum clearance during the install. Ita possible to do the install without removing the wheel but it's much easier if you have bigger than oem wheels.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:09 PM   #12
Official Member
Donating Member

My Awards:

No, you will need a rubber coupler. Go to your nearest auto zone or auto parts store and get one. Shouldn't be but about $10 if that.

Also, side note, if you are lowered or have bigger than oem wheels, you may have to take off the front driver side wheel for maximum clearance during the install. Ita possible to do the install without removing the wheel but it's much easier if you have bigger than oem wheels.
Thanks, I was told it only needed two clamps from the auto store. As I'm reading instructions I knew something else was missing.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:13 PM   #13

My Awards:
Official Ride  

Supporting Family Member  

Honorable Ride  

Honorable Ride  

Yeah, you have all the intende clamps, you're just missing the rubber coupler. One clamp holding the coupler to the manifold, one holding the same coupler to the fujita, and then the last one around the edge of the filter.

Also, you may want to purchase an extra rubber mount that mounts to your fender as they tend to break over time and ya don't wanna have that unsecured. but you should be fine for quite a while. Mine lasted about 2.5 years before I finally snapped. Fujita took care of me and hot a new mount to me within 3-4 days.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:27 PM   #14
Official Member
Donating Member

My Awards:

Yeah, you have all the intende clamps, you're just missing the rubber coupler. One clamp holding the coupler to the manifold, one holding the same coupler to the fujita, and then the last one around the edge of the filter.

Also, you may want to purchase an extra rubber mount that mounts to your fender as they tend to break over time and ya don't wanna have that unsecured. but you should be fine for quite a while. Mine lasted about 2.5 years before I finally snapped. Fujita took care of me and hot a new mount to me within 3-4 days.
Maybe the guy was talking about the coupler. He said just measure and get one from the auto store. Thanks.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:12 PM   #15

My Awards:
Official Ride  

Supporting Family Member  

Honorable Ride  

Honorable Ride  

No problem at all. Feel free to ask any more questions you may have!
Old 01-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #16

Official Member #: 1505

cgarcia is an unknown quantity at this point

ive had problem with my fujita intake. when push the gas it starts clattering then it goes away, then when im at a certain RPM it countinues on. what could be the problem? the dealership said that its getting to much air.
cgarcia is offline   Send a private message to cgarcia Find more posts by cgarcia Add cgarcia to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #17

My Awards:
Official Ride  

Supporting Family Member  

Honorable Ride  

Honorable Ride  

Check your connection between the manifold and the fujita. Then check your connctopn between the filter and the fujita. Make sure those connections are snug and can't get pulled off. Then, check your bracket that holds the fujita to the fender. That may be was making the clattering noise.

If it's possible, try and get a sound clip of what is going on. Pictures may also help. Are you throwing any check engine codes?
Old 01-03-2011, 05:54 PM   #18

Official Member #: 1452

Reputation Level: 9
Jason5291 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cgarcia View Post
ive had problem with my fujita intake. when push the gas it starts clattering then it goes away, then when im at a certain RPM it countinues on. what could be the problem? the dealership said that its getting to much air.
The clattering sound could be the intake pipe banging/rubbing against the chassey. Check for rub marks on your intake. During wide open throttle, that intake moves around a bit. Make sure your rubber mount did not break, if it did your intake is rubbing against the chassey. This happened to me. DO NOT attempt to make a makeshift mount, I tried that and it broke the weld on intake. Luckily, Fujita replaced my intake plumbing and rubber mount for free No problems since that.

If you took the vehicle to the dealership they should have spotted that I would think. So if that is not the case good luck!
Jason5291 is offline   Send a private message to Jason5291 Find more posts by Jason5291 Add Jason5291 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-03-2011, 07:24 PM   #19
Official Member
Donating Member

My Awards:

Originally Posted by Jason5291 View Post
If you took the vehicle to the dealership they should have spotted that I would think. So if that is not the case good luck!
That won't void your warranty? CAI.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #20

Official Member #: 1452

Reputation Level: 9
Jason5291 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PhantomMax View Post
That won't void your warranty? CAI.
I actually called the dealership when I installed mine. It does NOT void warranty UNLESS you hydrolock the motor. They do not cover that.
Jason5291 is offline   Send a private message to Jason5291 Find more posts by Jason5291 Add Jason5291 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-03-2011, 07:35 PM   #21

My Awards:
Official Ride  

Supporting Family Member  

Honorable Ride  

Honorable Ride  

the only times it will void the warranty is if you hydrolock the engine OR if the problem with your car is directly linked to your CAI. but thats it.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #22
Official Member
Donating Member

My Awards:

One more question for you guys. Are the Intakes the same for 04-06 and 07-08? I got mine from a guy with an 2008 model .
Old 01-14-2011, 07:09 PM   #23

My Awards:
Official Ride  

Supporting Family Member  

Honorable Ride  

Honorable Ride  

they are not the same. the mounting bracket is a little different. im not sure if it will fit....
Old 02-20-2011, 02:24 PM   #24
Avondale's Finest Official 6th Gen!

Official Member #: 1692

Reputation Level: 12
CJMcBreezy is on a distinguished road

Participation Level: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Visit CJMcBreezy's Facebook Visit CJMcBreezy's Twitter Visit CJMcBreezy's Xbox Gamercard

heys guys i was looking around for CAI and came across the K&N 63-6015 on their site and i like that one cuz its a top mount CAI rather than runnin down my wheel well, well after reading some more forums its evident that everyone here is partial to the fujitas so with that being said can anyone tell me if they have a choice between those two and why and if the jita is a top mount style too? if so also include a link to purchase a jita please, thanks
CJMcBreezy is offline   Send a private message to CJMcBreezy Find more posts by CJMcBreezy Add CJMcBreezy to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-20-2011, 04:10 PM   #25

My Awards:
Official Ride  

Supporting Family Member  

Honorable Ride  

Honorable Ride  

Hey bud. The "top mount" CAI's you are referring to are called short ram intakes. They are not cold air intakes. Nismo makes a short ram intake for our car. The fujita is a full cold air intake. Every intake mounts at the top, it's just how far into the engine bay they go.

Go to eleeta.net and sign up and then PM Max Power. He can get you a special forum member pricing for the fujita.
afioresmaxima (08-19-2011), JPAguirre88 (04-13-2013)
Nismo4Life07 is offline   Send a private message to Nismo4Life07 Find more posts by Nismo4Life07 Add Nismo4Life07 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top