Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Intakes, Headers & Exhaust

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 02-04-2010, 02:24 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube
Default How to Install a Berk Intake

Member Credit: msoemax

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Step 1- remove the plastic trim piece over the grill/radiator

Step 2- remove the air dam intake over the radiator by removing the 4 tab screws with a flat head screw driver.

Step 3- unplug the MAF sensor

Step 4- loosen the clamp that attaches the mid pipe to the MAF sensor pipe using an 8mm Socket

Step 5- open up the air filter box an remove the air filter

Step 6- loosen the bolt that attaches to the black bracket on the fender wall

Step 7- take the mid pipe off of the MAF sensor pipe.

Step 8- Remove the lid of the air box

Step 9- Gently, but firm, pull up on the remainder of the air box and it will pull out of a rubber grommet that holds it in place

Step 10- remove the MAF pipe from the air box.

Step 11- attach MAF pipe to the new elbow. make sure you use the gasket provided.

Sstep 12- loosen the clap attached to the throttle body and remove the plastic mid pipe. remember to disconnect the breather hose.

Step 13- install the new mid pipe using the silicone hose and two clamps

Step 14- attach the filter to the elbow

Step 15- use the second silicone hose to attach the MAF pipe to the mid pipe this is going to take some work and you will have to play with it to fit it into the area.

Step 16- bolt the elbow back onto the fender wall bracket

Step 17- attach the MAF cable back onto the MAF sensor

Step 18- replace the air scoop/dam

Step 19- replace the plastic trim

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top