Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Intakes, Headers & Exhaust

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 05-11-2015, 06:20 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 16739

Reputation Level: 0
mothershed11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Exhaust suggestions

Hey guys new to the forum looking to do a quick axel back exhaust set up looking for advice staying away from stillen because rust. Any suggestions?
mothershed11 is offline   Send a private message to mothershed11 Find more posts by mothershed11 Add mothershed11 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-11-2015, 06:31 PM   #2

Official Member #: 16595

Reputation Level: 5
KatIsFast is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Exhaust suggestions

Originally Posted by mothershed11 View Post
Hey guys new to the forum looking to do a quick axel back exhaust set up looking for advice staying away from stillen because rust. Any suggestions?
Mind if I ask why you're looking to do axle back as opposed to cat back?
KatIsFast is offline   Send a private message to KatIsFast Find more posts by KatIsFast Add KatIsFast to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-11-2015, 06:49 PM   Thread Starter #3

Well trying to stay within budget if I could find a decent price to do a car back I would. Would it be more worth it to do the car back?
mothershed11 is offline   Send a private message to mothershed11 Find more posts by mothershed11 Add mothershed11 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-11-2015, 07:56 PM   #4

Originally Posted by mothershed11 View Post
Well trying to stay within budget if I could find a decent price to do a car back I would. Would it be more worth it to do the car back?
Well if you just do the axle back all you're getting is a muffler and an exhaust tip. It'll look pretty and it might sound nice, but you're not really getting an upgrade.

If you go with cat back you can get wider pipes along with the muffler and the tip so you'll actually get some performance enhancement while staying street legal.

All depends on what you're looking to do.
KatIsFast is offline   Send a private message to KatIsFast Find more posts by KatIsFast Add KatIsFast to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-11-2015, 07:59 PM   Thread Starter #5

Makes sense. What brands would you recommend either way? I've read slot a lot of people saying raceline on this Forum and magna flow for muffler any other to checkout and where to find these?
Old 05-12-2015, 09:32 AM   #6

Official Member #: 16528

Reputation Level: 6
Zillafreak is an unknown quantity at this point

do you mean racingline? I am pretty upset with them right now. Ordered MMI over 3 weeks ago. They said yesterday they finally shipped them. They no response to my emails before, no warning they have to make the part, nothing.

The stillen SS exhaust shouldn't rust.

If you want to stay on budget, get an ebay exhaust, they are cheap and I have heard some good things about them.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:06 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Zillafreak View Post
do you mean racingline? I am pretty upset with them right now. Ordered MMI over 3 weeks ago. They said yesterday they finally shipped them. They no response to my emails before, no warning they have to make the part, nothing.

The stillen SS exhaust shouldn't rust.

If you want to stay on budget, get an ebay exhaust, they are cheap and I have heard some good things about them.
If you order anything for these cars on eBay you have to do a ton of research on the product and fitment. A lot of times the listings are incorrect or they have a bogus fitment chart.

This listing is a prime example.

Its an ebay exhaust for 04-08. The listing is only slightly vague but they have a customer service department and they have their return policy clearly stated.

On the flip side when you google them they don't even have a website, just an ebay store. The only way you can contact them is through ebay. They have a phone number listed on google, but when you call it you find out it's disconnected.

That's a whole lot of red flags.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:14 PM   #8

Official Member #: 16528

Reputation Level: 6
Zillafreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KatIsFast View Post
If you order anything for these cars on eBay you have to do a ton of research on the product and fitment. A lot of times the listings are incorrect or they have a bogus fitment chart.

This listing is a prime example.

Its an ebay exhaust for 04-08. The listing is only slightly vague but they have a customer service department and they have their return policy clearly stated.

On the flip side when you google them they don't even have a website, just an ebay store. The only way you can contact them is through ebay. They have a phone number listed on google, but when you call it you find out it's disconnected.

That's a whole lot of red flags.
true, should also do research before buying anything on ebay. just suggested it because he said he was on a budget and you can find some deals on there.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:24 PM   #9

Originally Posted by Zillafreak View Post
true, should also do research before buying anything on ebay. just suggested it because he said he was on a budget and you can find some deals on there.
I have a deep understanding of being on a budget, but your exhaust isn't necessarily the place to save. You could end up paying a lot more money in the long run.

I would start with autoanything.com and go from there. You can find decently priced products and see reviews on them from verified purchasers. If you see something you like you can go on to google it and see what people on forums are saying about it before making a decision.
Old 05-13-2015, 02:31 PM   Thread Starter #10

Just saw the responses guys thanks. Yeah I bought the y pipe from racing line last night. I'm looking at magnaflow mufflers possibly the 14816 dual tip. I've been trying to research stuff but no sure answers lol. Where would you guys recommend to look?
Dislikes: (1)
Blacked_08 (02-20-2016)