Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Intakes, Headers & Exhaust

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 07-12-2014, 11:35 AM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 2713

Reputation Level: 0
onyx6gmax is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
Visit onyx6gmax's Facebook Visit onyx6gmax's Twitter Visit onyx6gmax's YouTube
Default 2004 Maxima 3.5SL Injen CAI Converted To Short Ram

I have been going back and forth with injen cai. I wanted to find a way to get the impressive pull from the cai injen cai while not having to worry about hydro lock. I live in Virginia and the weather here as well as many other places can change instantly and unpredictably so short ram is better but I couldn't deal with the lack of high end pull and gas mileage increase I lost from converting to short ram from the original cai. I usually would use a spectre 22* turn about 3" outer diameter but it didn't reach far enough nor did it pull air like it should. I took the long lower pipe and cut it about an inch above the hydro lock warning sticker and used a saws all to make a clean cut then cleaned it out sanded it down and placed the injen filter on the wide mouth end. I then turned it the opposite direction from the original design and slid it in to the sleeve. I plan on a sheet metal heat shield with weather stripping soon but for now this is what it looks like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (97.8 KB, 29 views)
onyx6gmax is offline   Send a private message to onyx6gmax Find more posts by onyx6gmax Add onyx6gmax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-12-2014, 02:32 PM   Thread Starter #2

Official Member #: 2713

Reputation Level: 0
onyx6gmax is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
Visit onyx6gmax's Facebook Visit onyx6gmax's Twitter Visit onyx6gmax's YouTube
Default Re: 2004 Maxima 3.5SL Injen CAI converted to Short Ram

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by onyx6gmax; 07-12-2014 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Trying to figure out how to add photos
onyx6gmax is offline   Send a private message to onyx6gmax Find more posts by onyx6gmax Add onyx6gmax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-16-2014, 12:48 AM   #3
Official Member

Official Member #: 7325

Reputation Level: 7
05blkmax5761 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Re: 2004 Maxima 3.5SL Injen CAI Converted To Short Ram

Nice!! Hey bro, get that 3m headlight restoration kit. It will make your HL brand new!!

Tags
cold air intake, converted, injen, short ram intake

Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Intakes, Headers & Exhaust