Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Interior, Exterior & Lighting

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 09-08-2013, 06:36 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 14154

Reputation Level: 0
joecwhitney is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Trunk "Plug" Missing

This is my first post, I just purchased a 2006 Maxima SE. Today when I was looking it over, I opened the trunk and noticed a smell. After some examination the carpet was a bit wet. So my worst fear was that there was a hole in the floor from damage or something.

So i ripped out the carpet, the cardboard thing, and the spare tire. At the bottom of the trunk well there was a perfectly round hole that i could see right through. It looks like there is supposed to be a plug there in case you spill water or something.

I have been searching online for a part number for it, but keep coming up empty. Can someone please help me? I just used duct tape for the time being to cover the hole and prevent any other water coming in. I have the carpet hanging in the garage to dry off.

Thank you
joecwhitney is offline   Send a private message to joecwhitney Find more posts by joecwhitney Add joecwhitney to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 09-08-2013, 08:22 PM   Thread Starter #2

Official Member #: 14154

Reputation Level: 0
joecwhitney is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Trunk "Plug" Missing

ended up finding the plug under the jack. It looks like there was a small leak coming from where the trunk lifts are. So i patched that. cleaned it out really well and sprayed with febreeze to get out the smell. see how it holds up for the next couple of days.
joecwhitney is offline   Send a private message to joecwhitney Find more posts by joecwhitney Add joecwhitney to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 09-08-2013, 08:58 PM   #3

Official Member #: 6540

Reputation Level: 8
incubus0111 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Trunk "Plug" Missing

Good work! Welcome...
incubus0111 is offline   Send a private message to incubus0111 Find more posts by incubus0111 Add incubus0111 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top