Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Interior, Exterior & Lighting

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 09-08-2015, 06:13 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 15756

Reputation Level: 5
mynameissean123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Slave Cylinder?

hey guys today i was driving my 06 maxima-6 speed- and all the sudden i noticed the clutch pedal was half way down, out of no where. so i pulled it back up with my foot, pushed it down and it stayed down, so again i pulled it back with my foot. luckily i was on the highway and didn't have to shift but it did this for about 10 mins. then all the sudden it was fine. i looked all over and there was no leaks, inside my car or outside. it had plenty of fluid in the slave cylinder. i don't no what to do no, any suggestions? thanks
mynameissean123 is offline   Send a private message to mynameissean123 Find more posts by mynameissean123 Add mynameissean123 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 09-08-2015, 06:25 PM   #2
Reputable Member

Official Member #: 6257

Reputation Level: 11
sprocketser is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Slave Cylinder?

Clutch pedal maybe ! Or maybe the cylinder also .
Newest ride , 05 Smoke Met M/T SER Altima,NismoCAI/CatBack , Dynomax Resonator OBX Headers , RacingLine FSTB& BTD tbi, RedLionRacing Shifter Bushings tbi , EBC RedStuff Pads/ 06 350Z Base Rear Brakes/EBC Rotors , H&R springs & Triple C Camber Bolts tbi , RP MaxATF psf , Motul Brake fluids & clutch fluids , LiquiMoly Motor oil/Wix Filter , Pennzoil Synth Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+ ,
sprocketser is offline   Send a private message to sprocketser Find more posts by sprocketser Add sprocketser to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 09-08-2015, 06:49 PM   Thread Starter #3

Originally Posted by sprocketser View Post
Clutch pedal maybe ! Or maybe the cylinder also .
how can i tell?
mynameissean123 is offline   Send a private message to mynameissean123 Find more posts by mynameissean123 Add mynameissean123 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 09-08-2015, 07:00 PM   #4
Reputable Member

I m not very good to explain stuff , but here s a link that can help you out : http://www.ehow.com/how_7586441_test...-cylinder.html
Newest ride , 05 Smoke Met M/T SER Altima,NismoCAI/CatBack , Dynomax Resonator OBX Headers , RacingLine FSTB& BTD tbi, RedLionRacing Shifter Bushings tbi , EBC RedStuff Pads/ 06 350Z Base Rear Brakes/EBC Rotors , H&R springs & Triple C Camber Bolts tbi , RP MaxATF psf , Motul Brake fluids & clutch fluids , LiquiMoly Motor oil/Wix Filter , Pennzoil Synth Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+ ,
sprocketser is offline   Send a private message to sprocketser Find more posts by sprocketser Add sprocketser to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 09-08-2015, 07:04 PM   #5
Reputable Member

When was the clutch oil changed also . How many miles on it .

How s the weather , real hot !

Last edited by sprocketser; 09-08-2015 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Added stuff .
Old 09-08-2015, 07:23 PM   Thread Starter #6

When was the clutch oil changed also . How many miles on it .

How s the weather , real hot !
yea today was very hot.. humid.. the car has 83xxx miles on it and I'm not sure when the clutch oil has been changed.. i replaces the axle not to long ago and replaced a good amount of the trans oil.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:42 PM   #7
Reputable Member

What I would do is to flush that clutch oil as well as the tranny oil , more like a drop & fill & while at it the brake fluid also , clutch & brake fluid s the same application .
Old 09-09-2015, 08:16 AM   #8
Official Member

Official Member #: 15981

Travieso is an unknown quantity at this point

i have the same issue, when the engine bay is really hot, the clutch pedal softens up, til its really hard to shift. so i thought it was air in the system. i bleed it, seems like it got better, it still does it here and there. I suspect a seal or valve that malfunctions when it gets hot. i dont get leaks, so it has to be internal somehow in the master or slave. It goes back operational sometimes on the road, or it'll have to be parked til it cools. both parts are fairly inexpensive. but the master looks like a pain to get to seated against the firewall directly behind the strut tower
Travieso is offline   Send a private message to Travieso Find more posts by Travieso Add Travieso to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 09-09-2015, 08:25 AM   #9
Reputable Member

Hey trav , when did you changed the clutch oil on your ride , did mine after it was bought , no issues .
Old 09-09-2015, 09:48 AM   #10
Official Member

Official Member #: 15981

Travieso is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey trav , when did you changed the clutch oil on your ride , did mine after it was bought , no issues .
i haven't done it yet since i got it in november, but i believe if one of those cylinders are bad already, changing its fluid wont help now, it something to do to prevent it from happening. previous owners never changed anything. except power steering 2 years back when he told me that a pressure line blew.
i'm gonna change the slave because its much easier to access than the master, and it cost me $20 to get. the fluid will be flushed then.
Travieso is offline   Send a private message to Travieso Find more posts by Travieso Add Travieso to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 09-09-2015, 10:48 AM   #11
Reputable Member

Hey cool , change clutch fluids at the same time that you ll change the slave .