Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Interior, Exterior & Lighting

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:44 PM   Thread Starter #1
Official Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1245

Reputation Level: 9
sonicview is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Rear Seat Lock Not Opening

Hi guys,

I am having tough time opening/folding the passenger side rear seat, i tried push button (rear deck) to unlock it but it don't unlock the seat, i even tried the latch in the truck to release the seat, but no hope. Last option is to take a hammer and bit the push lock on the rear deck to push it tight. It seems the lock mechanism is not moving by latch as well as the push button on the rear deck. By the way driver-side rear seat fold down easily. Any way to open the lock? I am thinking to open the nut which holds the push button, but don't know if that is right thing to do.

"Thanks"
sonicview is online now   Send a private message to sonicview Find more posts by sonicview Add sonicview to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-28-2012, 02:06 AM   #2
Senior Moderator

Official Member #: 140

Reputation Level: 51
Chemax has a spectacular aura aboutChemax has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

/ Point Value: 5

Default Re: Rear Seat Lock Not Opening

If you're having that problem, sounds like a mechanism failure. Those things are usually good or bad, so yours *might* be faulty. I don't remember anyone having this issue or changing the locks out... Anyone?

mmm.... chorizo
-csiepka
Chemax is offline   Send a private message to Chemax Find more posts by Chemax Add Chemax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-28-2012, 02:08 AM   #3
I Am Just A Man

Official Member #: 175

Reputation Level: 20
Deadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the rough

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Have you tried using your key to unlock the button for it to work?

Currently Own: 2004 Silver 6th Gen / 2009 White 7th Gen / 2011 Black 7th Gen

Disclaimer: By being a member of my4th/5th/6th/7thgen.org, you acknowledge and agree that if no pics are posted within 24 hours of any installed modification, you can, and will, be automaticly BANNED for 48 hours.
Kontra-vers-E (07-28-2012)
Deadbolt is offline   Send a private message to Deadbolt Find more posts by Deadbolt Add Deadbolt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-28-2012, 02:50 AM   Thread Starter #4
Official Member

Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post
Have you tried using your key to unlock the button for it to work?
Yes, i tried that, it was unlocked, so i locked it first and then unlocked it, thinking it could release any stuck lever in the lock but it didn't help.
sonicview is online now   Send a private message to sonicview Find more posts by sonicview Add sonicview to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-28-2012, 03:07 AM   #5
I Am Just A Man

Deadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sonicview View Post
Yes, i tried that, it was unlocked, so i locked it first and then unlocked it, thinking it could release any stuck lever in the lock but it didn't help.
Then you definitely have a loose connection between the lock and button.

Take off the top cover of your trunk and try to pull on the release strap behind the seat and you'll see what's missing a connection

Disclaimer: By being a member of my4th/5th/6th/7thgen.org, you acknowledge and agree that if no pics are posted within 24 hours of any installed modification, you can, and will, be automaticly BANNED for 48 hours.
Deadbolt is offline   Send a private message to Deadbolt Find more posts by Deadbolt Add Deadbolt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-28-2012, 03:21 AM   Thread Starter #6
Official Member

Thanks Rani, i will give a try tomorrow in the day light
Old 07-28-2012, 03:25 AM   #7
I Am Just A Man

Originally Posted by sonicview View Post
Thanks Rani, i will give a try tomorrow in the day light
No problem bro. If you can't see crap, I'll take pics of my 6th gen and post them here. Hopefully that helps

Old 07-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #8
Premier Member

Official Member #: 89

Reputation Level: 44
DAlastDON is a jewel in the roughDAlastDON is a jewel in the roughDAlastDON is a jewel in the roughDAlastDON is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:
Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

Banner of The Month  

The passenger side seat on my was stuck last week. Push the release button and yank on the head rest and nothing. Ended up kicking the shit out of it seat from inside the trunk. Shut it and had to kick the fucker open again. Sprayed on some penetrating oil and it opens easily again.

Inside Peanutbutter Outside Jelly
DAlastDON is offline   Send a private message to DAlastDON Find more posts by DAlastDON Add DAlastDON to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-28-2012, 03:59 PM   Thread Starter #9
Official Member

Originally Posted by DAlastDON View Post
The passenger side seat on my was stuck last week. Push the release button and yank on the head rest and nothing. Ended up kicking the shit out of it seat from inside the trunk. Shut it and had to kick the fucker open again. Sprayed on some penetrating oil and it opens easily again.
Thanks ! I did the same and it worked. I hit the seat from the back inside the trunk and it got open. Also the push button some how don't work at first click but when i click 3 or 4 time then i see that it release the lock, but still the seat is stuck, so my guess is, may be the angle between the seat clamp which hold the lock lever is not aligned properly and that is why seat get stuck.
But i am ok with going and hitting the seat from the trunk lol

Last edited by sonicview; 07-28-2012 at 06:47 PM.