Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Interior, Exterior & Lighting

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 11-30-2014, 06:50 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 6287

Reputation Level: 0
BoltBucket is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Key less entry gone haywire

At the first bit of trouble, the car would unlock 10% of the time with the key fob. I replaced the fob battery with no immediate change. Over the next few days, the remote would only work when the car was warm. I unplugged the car battery for an hour or two with some changes.. the car would lock as normal but with out the confirming horn beep. Also, now when locked only the lights flash. One other difference observed is after locking, if the unlock button is pushed twice the doors unlock and both drivers and passenger windows come down.

The worst part of this problem is that after having this car for 2 years I have discovered that the key does not match the drivers door lock! Never a problem until now
BoltBucket is offline   Send a private message to BoltBucket Find more posts by BoltBucket Add BoltBucket to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-30-2014, 07:30 PM   #2

Official Member #: 15232

Peanut5406 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Key less entry gone haywire

I know u can hold the lock and unlock button of the fob to get the horn back.
BoltBucket (12-03-2014)
Peanut5406 is offline   Send a private message to Peanut5406 Find more posts by Peanut5406 Add Peanut5406 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2014, 12:54 PM   #3
Reputable Member

Official Member #: 6257

Reputation Level: 11
sprocketser is an unknown quantity at this point

Is the brake light on !

Battery s good ! Sometimes it can be that .

Wonder if the Door Lock Actuator s the problem .
Newest ride , 05 Smoke Met M/T SER Altima,NismoCAI/CatBack , Dynomax Resonator OBX Headers , RacingLine FSTB& BTD tbi, RedLionRacing Shifter Bushings tbi , EBC RedStuff Pads/ 06 350Z Base Rear Brakes/EBC Rotors , H&R springs & Triple C Camber Bolts tbi , RP MaxATF psf , Motul Brake fluids & clutch fluids , LiquiMoly Motor oil/Wix Filter , Pennzoil Synth Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+ ,

Last edited by sprocketser; 12-01-2014 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Added stuff .
sprocketser is offline   Send a private message to sprocketser Find more posts by sprocketser Add sprocketser to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-03-2014, 05:38 PM   Thread Starter #4

Guys' first I need to confess that my wife drives this car now . So I can only go by her explanations and my observations.
BoltBucket is offline   Send a private message to BoltBucket Find more posts by BoltBucket Add BoltBucket to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-03-2014, 05:43 PM   Thread Starter #5

Originally Posted by sprocketser View Post
Is the brake light on !

Battery s good ! Sometimes it can be that .

Wonder if the Door Lock Actuator s the problem .
I replaced the battery at the first sign of trouble. The car would still not respond. What I have noticed is that, there seems to be no range but it appears the car is getting the signal but ignoring it. When the wife frantically pushes unlock too many times it causes the windows to come down. If she pushes lock to many times, it will cause the panic alarm to go off.

At this point, I am going to replace the remote and pray it isn't the Body Control Module
Old 12-04-2014, 04:30 PM   #6
Reputable Member

Might be the Actuator then fella .
Newest ride , 05 Smoke Met M/T SER Altima,NismoCAI/CatBack , Dynomax Resonator OBX Headers , RacingLine FSTB& BTD tbi, RedLionRacing Shifter Bushings tbi , EBC RedStuff Pads/ 06 350Z Base Rear Brakes/EBC Rotors , H&R springs & Triple C Camber Bolts tbi , RP MaxATF psf , Motul Brake fluids & clutch fluids , LiquiMoly Motor oil/Wix Filter , Pennzoil Synth Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+ ,
sprocketser is offline   Send a private message to sprocketser Find more posts by sprocketser Add sprocketser to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-10-2014, 12:59 PM   #7

Official Member #: 3127

Reputation Level: 14
ESTEP_33 will become famous soon enough

Visit ESTEP_33's PS3 Profile Visit ESTEP_33's YouTube

You can sit in the drivers seat and changes the alert/alarm settings in the car, also holding the unlock button on the cob makes the windows come down, this is not an issue.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:52 AM   Thread Starter #8

UPDATE: The car has a demon in it. I believe it to be the BCM. The windows will go down by themselves after the car is parked and locked up. (My wife isn't the culprit) I came home the other night to see the car turn on/off its dome lights and the god damn windows were down - and that was 8 hours after she drove it!

Last edited by BoltBucket; 12-12-2014 at 12:59 AM.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:53 AM   Thread Starter #9

I hear you can't just swap out the BCM, you have to have the keys reprogrammed? Is this true?
Old 12-12-2014, 10:25 AM   #10
Reputable Member

Did you had it scanned for codes ! Might be handy . Ever thought about the Door Lock Actuator .
Old 12-13-2014, 08:20 AM   Thread Starter #11

Originally Posted by sprocketser View Post
Did you had it scanned for codes ! Might be handy . Ever thought about the Door Lock Actuator .
Again with the door lock actuator... are you talking about the little motors in the doors that open the locks? I really hope not! Like I said, the car is doing things on its own, I watched it turn its dome lights on and off while I pulled up in the driveway after it had been parked for 8 hours.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:06 AM   #12
Reputable Member

Yes sir , it s a pita as for I ve seen in the web , sorry I lost the link to it .

Hope you ll fix these soon mate .