Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Wheels & Tires

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:50 AM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1320

Reputation Level: 9
obscured is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default TPMS - New Tires Installed At New Shop = FAIL

Now, let me preface this by saying I tried a new shop. I was fully intending on going to Walmart for my tirerack tire installation, but got a better price from a local tire shop. Took my car in, the tech dropped one of my tires, completely breaking off the valve stem from the TPMS. No big deal, owner talked to me, told me what happened and said he'd do everything and anything he could to "make it right." This was on January 11.

I've been in contact with the shop, back and forth phone calls for a couple weeks. Owner told me he had trouble locating a suitable replacement, that the whole sensor needed replaced and was trying to get the best price from a local dealership. He asked if I was in a hurry for it. I told him not really, the rubber stem would do for now, just to call when he had it in.

So, got a phone call a week ago saying that they had a new sensor in and I could bring my car back at anytime to get it installed. Took it in today, waited for an hour for them to install it. Seemed like they were having problems with getting the sensor to hook up with the ECU. They gave me my keys and took off like a bat out of hell to make it to work on time.

On my way home tonight, around mile 20 on the new sensor, my TPMS light was flashing. It continued to flash for about 2 minutes before going solid. This means a sensor error. Checked my tire pressure just to be sure, all fine of course.

So now I have to waste ANOTHER afternoon to get this fixed. I'd honestly rather remove the f*cking fuse and be done with it.

Anyone know if they absolutely "need" consult III? Am I just going to end up at the dealership anyway and pay out of pocket for this? I'm a pretty laid back guy, but this has me hot. There are several things I'd love to do than just to screw with this.
\endrant

Last edited by obscured; 03-10-2011 at 03:53 AM.
obscured is offline   Send a private message to obscured Find more posts by obscured Add obscured to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-10-2011, 03:57 AM   #2
I Am Just A Man

Official Member #: 175

Reputation Level: 20
Deadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the rough

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Default Re: TPMS - new tires installed at new shop = FAIL

Take it to the dealer and have it re-programmed. Take that bill and go back to the shop and make them a new asshole. They need to pay for the re-programming they screwed up.

Don't take anyone's permission or reason.. get it done and have them pay you.

Currently Own: 2004 Silver 6th Gen / 2009 White 7th Gen / 2011 Black 7th Gen

Disclaimer: By being a member of my4th/5th/6th/7thgen.org, you acknowledge and agree that if no pics are posted within 24 hours of any installed modification, you can, and will, be automaticly BANNED for 48 hours.
Deadbolt is offline   Send a private message to Deadbolt Find more posts by Deadbolt Add Deadbolt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-10-2011, 06:43 AM   #3
Senior Moderator

Official Member #: 63

Reputation Level: 58
1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

V.I.P Member  

/ Point Value: 15

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

/ Point Value: 5

Official Ride  

Default Re: TPMS - new tires installed at new shop = FAIL

Originally Posted by obscured View Post
I've been in contact with the shop, back and forth phone calls for a couple weeks. Owner told me he had trouble locating a suitable replacement, that the whole sensor needed replaced and was trying to get the best price from a local dealership. He asked if I was in a hurry for it. I told him not really, the rubber stem would do for now, just to call when he had it in.
There's the second problem (first being they broke the sensor). I don't really care if you get the best price, or not...I only care that you fix the sensor that you broke.

Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post
Take it to the dealer and have it re-programmed. Take that bill and go back to the shop and make them a new asshole. They need to pay for the re-programming they screwed up.

Don't take anyone's permission or reason.. get it done and have them pay you.
Absolutely!
Old 03-10-2011, 08:22 AM   #4

Official Member #: 158

Reputation Level: 32
Hmax will become famous soon enoughHmax will become famous soon enough

My Awards:
Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

Default Re: TPMS - New Tires Installed At New Shop = FAIL

wow thats just crazy. All the advice you need has been given above. Good luck and keep us posted

Want 12HP More?- CLICK HERE
Hmax is offline   Send a private message to Hmax Find more posts by Hmax Add Hmax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-10-2011, 09:58 AM   #5
Administrator

Official Member #: 75

Reputation Level: 20
Qwikhas will become famous soon enough

Default Re: TPMS - New Tires Installed At New Shop = FAIL

Wow, that sucks. I just went thru something like that when i got my coolant changed and these fags broke my radiator. Needless to say i left with a brand new one out of their pockets. Do what you need to recoupe the costs from the local shop.