Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Wheels & Tires

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:02 PM   Thread Starter #1
Official Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1245

Reputation Level: 9
sonicview is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default TPMS

Hi,

Recently after the big snow storm, my TPMS is not working properly. TPMS light blinks for few seconds and then stays on. I did some reserch on this forum and it seem it is a signal for TPMS malfunction. I went to dealership and they said for reprogramming 135$ and each sensor 150$, it may be one sensor or all 4, and TPMS life is around 4 years. It is too much money for that one stupid function which i never use. What are other options, anyone have any idea or any one who can do the same but cheaper around northern NJ area?

Rick
sonicview is offline   Send a private message to sonicview Find more posts by sonicview Add sonicview to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-12-2014, 03:02 PM   #2
Official Member

Official Member #: 10843

Reputation Level: 6
Jugghead is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: tpms

Mine did the same thing. After making sure the tire pressure was good and trying to reset it with the paper clip/tire adjustment (search resetting tpms and u will find it) and failing, I took it to discounttires and they reset it for free. It has worked ever since. Not sure if u have one there but if u do I recommend it. If it is a bad sensor/ battery then u got to pay up to get the light to go away.
sonicview (03-12-2014)
Jugghead is offline   Send a private message to Jugghead Find more posts by Jugghead Add Jugghead to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-12-2014, 03:18 PM   Thread Starter #3
Official Member

Default Re: tpms

Thanks !! I don't have discounttires, but i guess i have to try another tire shop and see if they can reset it for minimum charges.

Originally Posted by Jugghead View Post
Mine did the same thing. After making sure the tire pressure was good and trying to reset it with the paper clip/tire adjustment (search resetting tpms and u will find it) and failing, I took it to discounttires and they reset it for free. It has worked ever since. Not sure if u have one there but if u do I recommend it. If it is a bad sensor/ battery then u got to pay up to get the light to go away.
sonicview is offline   Send a private message to sonicview Find more posts by sonicview Add sonicview to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-04-2014, 12:16 AM   Thread Starter #4
Official Member

Default Re: TPMS

So i gave a try to resetting the TPMS by setting the pressure and using the wire, to earth the wire 6 time. And it fixed the issue, i found all the instruction on infinity forum about the reset technique. I read that if you don't drive your car for some days then TPMS needs reset!!!! It is not always but happen sometimes, specially when you don't use car for a week or so then, it seems TPMS stops getting signal from tire, and it need reset. Dealer need more than hundred dollar, and wire technique fixed that in free. In my case due to the snow storm i didn't use my car for a week and it was parked on road in snow.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:47 AM   #5
Official Member

Official Member #: 3079

Reputation Level: 8
Jony09 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sonicview View Post
So i gave a try to resetting the TPMS by setting the pressure and using the wire, to earth the wire 6 time. And it fixed the issue, i found all the instruction on infinity forum about the reset technique. I read that if you don't drive your car for some days then TPMS needs reset!!!! It is not always but happen sometimes, specially when you don't use car for a week or so then, it seems TPMS stops getting signal from tire, and it need reset. Dealer need more than hundred dollar, and wire technique fixed that in free. In my case due to the snow storm i didn't use my car for a week and it was parked on road in snow.
Can you post link I had the same issue after parking my car for 2 weeks

Posted Via Tapatalk 2
Jony09 is offline   Send a private message to Jony09 Find more posts by Jony09 Add Jony09 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-04-2014, 07:28 AM   Thread Starter #6
Official Member

Originally Posted by Jony09 View Post
Can you post link I had the same issue after parking my car for 2 weeks

Posted Via Tapatalk 2
Try this, or google TPMS reset infinity free
http://m.myg37.com/forums/showthread...490&styleid=53
Old 04-04-2014, 07:50 AM   #7
Official Member

Official Member #: 10843

Reputation Level: 6
Jugghead is an unknown quantity at this point

Good for u on the reset. I wasted a good hour trying bf I took it in. I think my problem was the tire pressure not being right. The gauge I was using was just one laying around and it counted by 5s so I might have been off. Lucky I got it done for free as I said.
Jugghead is offline   Send a private message to Jugghead Find more posts by Jugghead Add Jugghead to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-10-2015, 08:08 PM   #8

Official Member #: 15584

Reputation Level: 0
nine3junchi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sonicview View Post

Very cool! I have this issue right now on my 08 max and I'm gonna try this. Way to do your own thing and research. "Stealerships" are the worst.

Posted Via Tapatalk
nine3junchi is offline   Send a private message to nine3junchi Find more posts by nine3junchi Add nine3junchi to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-10-2015, 08:25 PM   Thread Starter #9
Official Member

Originally Posted by nine3junchi View Post
Very cool! I have this issue right now on my 08 max and I'm gonna try this. Way to do your own thing and research. "Stealerships" are the worst.

Posted Via Tapatalk

Are you on east coast? I feel TPMS gives issue during winter. Last year I fixed it by above mentioned steps, this year again I had TPMS blinking. I tried above method and it changed into steady on, I filled the air with pressure of 35, but it didn't go. I will give another try and do reset again when weather will be little better.

Posted Via Tapatalk