Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Extended Maxima Generation Family
my4thgen.org my5thgen.org my6thgen.org my7thgen.org my8thgen.org myxgen.org
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Wheels & Tires

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:26 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 227

Reputation Level: 0
creekboarder is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Resetting Tire Pressure Gauge?

Got a dent right above the drivers side tire yesterday, and it set off my TPM. I checked the air with a needle gauge, and its fine, so im assuming the monitoring unit is right where I got nicked. I was wondering if there was anyway to reset the system without going to the stealership.
creekboarder is offline   Send a private message to creekboarder Find more posts by creekboarder Add creekboarder to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-26-2010, 01:50 PM   #2
Official Sweet Action 6.5gen

Official Member #: 117

Reputation Level: 61
Nismo4Life07 is a jewel in the roughNismo4Life07 is a jewel in the roughNismo4Life07 is a jewel in the roughNismo4Life07 is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:
Official Ride  

/ Point Value: 10

Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

Honorable Ride  

/ Point Value: 5

Honorable Ride  

Visit Nismo4Life07's Facebook Visit Nismo4Life07's PS3 Profile Visit Nismo4Life07's YouTube
Default Re: Resetting Tire Pressure Gauge?

Unfortunately I believe the only way to reset the tpms sensors is to go to the dealership. I could be wrong though. Let's see if someone more knowledgeable chimes in.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:57 PM   #3

Official Member #: 1

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's Twitter Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube Visit EddyMaxx's Xbox Gamercard
Default Re: Resetting Tire Pressure Gauge?

Below is some helpful information and an attached file.

As I'm sure you may know:
If your light is on STEADY, you do not need to go to the dealership.

Turn your ignition switch to "ON"
Start overinflating your tires one by one (I usually go to 50 psi) and check the light after each tire is filled.
After you fill the tire with the intermittent sensor the light will extinguish.
Lower the pressure on tires back to normal operating pressure.

I have to do this about every 6 weeks on my Versa. It's a pain but saves me a trip to the dealership and have them tell me I don't know how to service my tires properly

If your light is FLASHING, there is a communication error between the sensor and the computer and you definitely have a hard fault. If they can't find it, change Dealerships

JMHO
You don't really need the tool they specify. It just makes it easier.

Attached. Says quest/versa but the same procedure for all other models with TPMS.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Nissan Quest TPMS Reset and Teaching Instructions.pdf (188.9 KB, 33 views)
04' Infiniti FX35 - [Stock/Family Vehicle]
02' Nissan Altima - [Sold-1st Car]

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top