Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Wheels & Tires

Reply
ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2014, 06:17 AM   Thread Starter #1
Newbie
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
gx1106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Official Member #: 2755
Last Online: 05-22-2019 08:26 PM
Posts: 31

Reputation Level: 0
gx1106 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Looking For New Wheels+Tires

Whats up everyone, ive been looking around a lot recently for new tires and wheels, i am currently running stock, i want to go up to 19" for sure, now i want it to be a little wider to have a more flushed look, now for example lets say i want to get wheels that are 19x8.5, would that be good enough on the wideness??.... what type of tire size am i looking at? i know i would like to keep the sidewall at a 40 for somewhat of a comfortable less bumpy ride. What is recommended as far as the offset on the wheels i should keep and eye out for?? and i am looking for black wheels, not really too picky on what brand but i am looking for something with more spokes and a sporty look. I do have eibach springs but only on the front wheels. Thanks for any input and advice you guys may have, i appreciate it!!!
gx1106 is offline   Send a private message to gx1106 Find more posts by gx1106 Add gx1106 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-14-2014, 11:58 AM   #2
I Am Just A Man
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
Deadbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Official Member #: 175
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 14,396

Reputation Level: 20
Deadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the rough

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%


Default Re: Looking For New Wheels+Tires

Originally Posted by gx1106 View Post
Whats up everyone, ive been looking around a lot recently for new tires and wheels, i am currently running stock, i want to go up to 19" for sure, now i want it to be a little wider to have a more flushed look, now for example lets say i want to get wheels that are 19x8.5, would that be good enough on the wideness??.... what type of tire size am i looking at? i know i would like to keep the sidewall at a 40 for somewhat of a comfortable less bumpy ride. What is recommended as far as the offset on the wheels i should keep and eye out for?? and i am looking for black wheels, not really too picky on what brand but i am looking for something with more spokes and a sporty look. I do have eibach springs but only on the front wheels. Thanks for any input and advice you guys may have, i appreciate it!!!
For a 19x8.5" wheel, you'll need about a +30 offset to sit somewhat flush. As for tires, you can do 245/40 for a comfy ride. As far as wideness, we have members that did up to 11" wheel on a 6th gen.
__________________
Click the image to open in full size.


Currently Own: 2004 Silver 6th Gen / 2009 White 7th Gen / 2011 Black 7th Gen

Disclaimer: By being a member of my4th/5th/6th/7thgen.org, you acknowledge and agree that if no pics are posted within 24 hours of any installed modification, you can, and will, be automaticly BANNED for 48 hours.
Likes: (1)
gx1106 (02-14-2014)
Deadbolt is offline   Send a private message to Deadbolt Find more posts by Deadbolt Add Deadbolt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-14-2014, 10:48 PM   Thread Starter #3
Newbie
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
gx1106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Official Member #: 2755
Last Online: 05-22-2019 08:26 PM
Posts: 31

Reputation Level: 0
gx1106 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Re: Looking For New Wheels+Tires

Thanks bro, i appreciate that, thats gonna help my search, what do u recommend as far as a brand for the wheels and tires?? the wheels im not looking to spend too much, i have been looking at xxr's, and the tires?? i know being 19's they are going to be pricey but i definitly want a smooth ride.
gx1106 is offline   Send a private message to gx1106 Find more posts by gx1106 Add gx1106 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-06-2014, 06:35 PM   #4
Senior Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
MikesMax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Official Member #: 2949
Last Online: 03-05-2017 10:55 PM
Location: NY
Posts: 566

Reputation Level: 10
MikesMax is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Re: Looking For New Wheels+Tires

Anybody have an opinion on good all around performance tires for our Stock 18''? I had continental dws which are pretty much phenomenal for performance but wear out quick. My mechanic recommended Cooper. I dropped a G on the continental but I don't wanna necessarily break the bank again unless they're gonna last

Posted Via Tapatalk
MikesMax is offline   Send a private message to MikesMax Find more posts by MikesMax Add MikesMax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-06-2014, 07:47 PM   #5
Senior Moderator
The Capital's 6th Gen
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
officerfrasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Official Member #: 1765
Last Online: 06-01-2018 10:32 AM
Location: Frankfort, KY 40601
Posts: 13,375

Reputation Level: 58
officerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Awards:
Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  


/ Point Value: 10

Supporting Family Member  


/ Point Value: 10

Official Ride  


/ Point Value: 10

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  


/ Point Value: 5

Default Re: Looking For New Wheels+Tires

Originally Posted by MikesMax View Post
Anybody have an opinion on good all around performance tires for our Stock 18''? I had continental dws which are pretty much phenomenal for performance but wear out quick. My mechanic recommended Cooper. I dropped a G on the continental but I don't wanna necessarily break the bank again unless they're gonna last

Posted Via Tapatalk
I've had the DWSs for over a year now and have about 25,000 miles on them and they're wearing great. Definitely no complaints.
officerfrasher is offline   Send a private message to officerfrasher Find more posts by officerfrasher Add officerfrasher to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-06-2014, 07:56 PM   #6
Senior Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
MikesMax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Official Member #: 2949
Last Online: 03-05-2017 10:55 PM
Location: NY
Posts: 566

Reputation Level: 10
MikesMax is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Re: Looking For New Wheels+Tires

Originally Posted by officerfrasher View Post
I've had the DWSs for over a year now and have about 25,000 miles on them and they're wearing great. Definitely no complaints.
I got about 35k miles out of them. They are completely bald now. Are there any other good grippy tires that aren't as expensive? Thoughts on Cooper?

Posted Via Tapatalk
MikesMax is offline   Send a private message to MikesMax Find more posts by MikesMax Add MikesMax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-06-2014, 07:58 PM   #7
Senior Moderator
The Capital's 6th Gen
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
officerfrasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Official Member #: 1765
Last Online: 06-01-2018 10:32 AM
Location: Frankfort, KY 40601
Posts: 13,375

Reputation Level: 58
officerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Awards:
Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  


/ Point Value: 10

Supporting Family Member  


/ Point Value: 10

Official Ride  


/ Point Value: 10

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  


/ Point Value: 5

Default Re: Looking For New Wheels+Tires

Originally Posted by MikesMax View Post
I got about 35k miles out of them. They are completely bald now. Are there any other good grippy tires that aren't as expensive? Thoughts on Cooper?

Posted Via Tapatalk
Yikes! Mine definitely have more than 15,000 left.

I don't know too much about Cooper. Bridgestone would be good.
officerfrasher is offline   Send a private message to officerfrasher Find more posts by officerfrasher Add officerfrasher to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-06-2014, 08:30 PM   #8
Mile High Maxima
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
Apollos2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Official Member #: 510
Last Online: 06-06-2016 08:24 PM
Posts: 1,955

Reputation Level: 34
Apollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%
Default Re: Looking For New Wheels+Tires

Originally Posted by gx1106 View Post
Thanks bro, i appreciate that, thats gonna help my search, what do u recommend as far as a brand for the wheels and tires?? the wheels im not looking to spend too much, i have been looking at xxr's, and the tires?? i know being 19's they are going to be pricey but i definitly want a smooth ride.
19in rubber is crazy imo, like $250 a tire. But they look good
__________________
Cardomain = Silver stream


Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Apollos2 is offline   Send a private message to Apollos2 Find more posts by Apollos2 Add Apollos2 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 Members And 1 Guests)
 
Thread Tools


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:04 PM.