Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Wheels & Tires

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 11-11-2014, 02:35 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 15995

Reputation Level: 0
mylucky is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default All Season Tires - Michelin

Hopefully this is not a repeat. Does anyone run the Pilot Sport A/S 3? Thoughts on this tire?
mylucky is offline   Send a private message to mylucky Find more posts by mylucky Add mylucky to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-12-2014, 12:40 PM   #2

Official Member #: 14651

Reputation Level: 7
Dannyky2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Visit Dannyky2's PS3 Profile
Default Re: All Season Tires - Michelin

I'm actually in the process of getting these exact tires, so once I get them installed I can let you know how they feel.
Dannyky2 is offline   Send a private message to Dannyky2 Find more posts by Dannyky2 Add Dannyky2 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-13-2014, 11:46 PM   Thread Starter #3

Cool thanks. I'm between the A/S 3 and the Hankook Ventus S1 noble2. Just not sure if the performance of the A/S3 is worth the few extra dollars.
mylucky is offline   Send a private message to mylucky Find more posts by mylucky Add mylucky to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-17-2014, 03:38 AM   #4

Official Member #: 16001

ballaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mylucky View Post
Cool thanks. I'm between the A/S 3 and the Hankook Ventus S1 noble2. Just not sure if the performance of the A/S3 is worth the few extra dollars.
I have them on my 2008. I may be able to provide some info if you have questions. Also had these tires on my 2003 Camry before getting my max.
ballaz is offline   Send a private message to ballaz Find more posts by ballaz Add ballaz to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-18-2014, 01:52 PM   Thread Starter #5

How is the ride and noise over the life of the tire? I am probably getting the tire because of the superior dry and wet grip for an A/S. I may see some snow, but not enough for me to get a dedicated winter tire. I am hoping this tire will be good enough to get me through a few days of light snow per year. Thanks for any feedback.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:20 PM   #6
Official Member

Official Member #: 9697

Reputation Level: 7
Sammaxvq35 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the Ventus. So far, I like them. Smooth, no road noise. We're barely getting some snow here, so haven't put them to the real test in over 1' snow.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:39 AM   Thread Starter #7

Went with the Ventus. They were too cheap compared to the Michelins to pass up. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-29-2014, 01:21 PM   #8
Reputable Member

Official Member #: 6257

Reputation Level: 12
sprocketser is an unknown quantity at this point

Where are you located mate , an A?S tire whatever brand is wont be good enough for Winter time , get a real Winter tire .

I have Michelin A/S Plus for Summer time & Michelin X-Ice on Winter time . Top job on my end .

Just what are your toughts on the Ventus mate .
Newest ride , 05 Smoke Met M/T SER Altima,NismoCAI/CatBack , Dynomax Resonator OBX Headers , RacingLine FSTB& BTD tbi, RedLionRacing Shifter Bushings tbi , EBC RedStuff Pads/ 06 350Z Base Rear Brakes/EBC Rotors , H&R springs & Triple C Camber Bolts tbi , RP MaxATF psf , Motul Brake fluids & clutch fluids , LiquiMoly Motor oil/Wix Filter , Pennzoil Synth Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+ ,
sprocketser is offline   Send a private message to sprocketser Find more posts by sprocketser Add sprocketser to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-22-2014, 03:20 PM   Thread Starter #9

I live in Pittsburgh, but do not drive my car on a daily basis. Girlfriend has a CRV I drive in bad winter weather. As for the Ventus- I only have 100 miles on the new tires, but I will say they are a solid all around tire. Inspired confidence on highway in heavy rain. Quiet ride compared to my old Goodyears, but that is to be expected given how low my thread was. Havent pushed them too much during break in period.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:11 AM   #10
Reputable Member

Official Member #: 6257

Reputation Level: 12
sprocketser is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in Pittsburgh, but do not drive my car on a daily basis. Girlfriend has a CRV I drive in bad winter weather. As for the Ventus- I only have 100 miles on the new tires, but I will say they are a solid all around tire. Inspired confidence on highway in heavy rain. Quiet ride compared to my old Goodyears, but that is to be expected given how low my thread was. Havent pushed them too much during break in period.
Cool , but it s no Winter tire , you would need them for better traction &/or security . Just saying .

But the crv s pretty good on Winter time , my father & brother had one .
Newest ride , 05 Smoke Met M/T SER Altima,NismoCAI/CatBack , Dynomax Resonator OBX Headers , RacingLine FSTB& BTD tbi, RedLionRacing Shifter Bushings tbi , EBC RedStuff Pads/ 06 350Z Base Rear Brakes/EBC Rotors , H&R springs & Triple C Camber Bolts tbi , RP MaxATF psf , Motul Brake fluids & clutch fluids , LiquiMoly Motor oil/Wix Filter , Pennzoil Synth Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+ ,
sprocketser is offline   Send a private message to sprocketser Find more posts by sprocketser Add sprocketser to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top