Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Audio, Video & Electronics

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:09 PM   Thread Starter #1
Official Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1245

Reputation Level: 9
sonicview is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Wiring Diagram For 07 SL Bose Audio

Hi Guys,

You may remember last year i tried using eclipse amp and kicker sub in my Maxima and failed i took the professional help for the installation and within 5 minutes my sub started buzzing really loud i had to turn off my car to turn the sub off. And installer said that my amp is bad. I thought he is right so i disconnected the amp from battery and disconnected the sub. But i don't want to give up, i am thinking he may have wired the hi-lo adapter wrong, i wanted to check but don't have the wiring diagram for the Bose amp. Can any one help me letting me know color code for the audio wires.

Thanks
Rick
sonicview is offline   Send a private message to sonicview Find more posts by sonicview Add sonicview to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-26-2012, 12:15 PM   #2
Senior Citizen Moderator
6th Gen Official Pops

Official Member #: 2184

Reputation Level: 69
07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice

Participation Level: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

My Awards:

/ Point Value: 5

Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

/ Point Value: 10

Honorable Ride  

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

Default Re: Wiring Diagram For 07 SL Bose Audio

Im not sure how you could install the hi/low adapter wrong its only 2 wires. Maybe he got the + and - reversed? Try that first.

Originally Posted by dstruc View Post
Next week Omar is taking us walking through the projects. Alex is getting raped for sure.
07maximan is offline   Send a private message to 07maximan Find more posts by 07maximan Add 07maximan to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #3
Official Member

Official Member #: 556

Cheeto is an unknown quantity at this point

The wiring diagram is the same for the 5th, 6th and 6.5 gen Maximas. You can find it on google. Or click the link below and scroll down to see the pin outs.

2008 Maxima w/ Bose Amp (No-Nav) Wiring Pinout
Old 07-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
Glendales Official 6th Gen

Official Member #: 2651

Reputation Level: 35
Kenny has a spectacular aura aboutKenny has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Visit Kenny's PS3 Profile Visit Kenny's Xbox Gamercard

this is how i did mine before i had an aftermarket hu in my maxima.

my line output converter had 4 wires, positive left, negative left, positive right, negative right.

instead of tapping in the rear i took the stock headunit out, and tapped it behind the radio to the factory harness of the radio.

if you look up the color codes for your maxima itll show the leads to the positive/negative of the left and right speakers, if i had my maxima i would go check but i dont have it anymore, it shouldnt be too hard to do, hardest part will be finding out what color the +/- speaker wires are behind the headunit

Follow Me On Instagram/Twitter:@0mg350z
Kenny is offline   Send a private message to Kenny Find more posts by Kenny Add Kenny to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #5

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Black/Red
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Blue
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Black/White

if i remember correctly these are the color codes i used, i didnt have bose but i doubt it would be any different.

just pull out your headunit, (very very easy, dont be afraid) and splice the left/right positive/negative to these color codes and your good to go, if these colors cannot be found behind your radio, DO NOT splice into anything, these are the color codes i remember using but not 100% if bose is the same

and i cannot stress this enough, ALWAYS DISCONNECT NEGATIVE BATTERY CABLE!!!!!, never work on the cars electrical without unplugging the battery under the hood

Last edited by Kenny; 07-26-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Kenny is offline   Send a private message to Kenny Find more posts by Kenny Add Kenny to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #6
Senior Citizen Moderator
6th Gen Official Pops

07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice

My Awards:

Honorable Ride  

Originally Posted by kaygmaxima View Post
this is how i did mine before i had an aftermarket hu in my maxima.

my line output converter had 4 wires, positive left, negative left, positive right, negative right.

instead of tapping in the rear i took the stock headunit out, and tapped it behind the radio to the factory harness of the radio.

if you look up the color codes for your maxima itll show the leads to the positive/negative of the left and right speakers, if i had my maxima i would go check but i dont have it anymore, it shouldnt be too hard to do, hardest part will be finding out what color the +/- speaker wires are behind the headunit
You had 4 wires? Mine only had 2..

Next week Omar is taking us walking through the projects. Alex is getting raped for sure.
07maximan is offline   Send a private message to 07maximan Find more posts by 07maximan Add 07maximan to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #7
Senior Citizen Moderator
6th Gen Official Pops

My Awards:

Honorable Ride  

Wait a second...why would you pull the HU out? Tap into the speakers in the trunk. There is no reason to take out the HU for a hi/low convertor.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #8

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Originally Posted by 07maximan View Post
Wait a second...why would you pull the HU out? Tap into the speakers in the trunk. There is no reason to take out the HU for a hi/low convertor.
My loc had 4 wires, every loc I've had has 4 wires, positive/negative for left and positive/negative for right

and I pulled my headunit out so I could hide the loc for a cleaner install and for some reason I found it easier, tapping in the trunk can get pretty uncomfortable, and the harness behind the radio has the same wires that go to the trunk behind the radio

Old 07-26-2012, 01:29 PM   Thread Starter #9
Official Member

Im not sure how you could install the hi/low adapter wrong its only 2 wires. Maybe he got the + and - reversed? Try that first.
Thanks 07maximan! There are like 5 or 6 wires, i am thinking he might have messed up there, because since then he connected the hi/low convertor my Bose amp if working weird (even we disconnected the amp/sub), i have to turn off the radio before turning off the car, otherwise if i don't do that and restart the car then no volume from any speaker even at the highest setting, i can see track playing in the display tho, after driving for the 10-15 minute i get the sound back, kind of Bose amp is doing warmup

Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
The wiring diagram is the same for the 5th, 6th and 6.5 gen Maximas. You can find it on google. Or click the link below and scroll down to see the pin outs.
Thanks Cheeto! i can check the wiring now.
sonicview is offline   Send a private message to sonicview Find more posts by sonicview Add sonicview to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-26-2012, 01:33 PM   Thread Starter #10
Official Member

I already have the wires splitted and Hi/Lo installed in the trunk and it will be a good idea to check that and make sure that it is connected right.

Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Black/Red
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Blue
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Black/White

if i remember correctly these are the color codes i used, i didnt have bose but i doubt it would be any different.

just pull out your headunit, (very very easy, dont be afraid) and splice the left/right positive/negative to these color codes and your good to go, if these colors cannot be found behind your radio, DO NOT splice into anything, these are the color codes i remember using but not 100% if bose is the same

and i cannot stress this enough, ALWAYS DISCONNECT NEGATIVE BATTERY CABLE!!!!!, never work on the cars electrical without unplugging the battery under the hood
Old 07-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #11

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

The 5th wire is usually a ground, check to see if the volume was adjusted on the loc.
The funny thing is this happened to me as wel.
Before I started Doing audio I took my car to best buy and had them install 2 brand new amps, 2 brand new subs and a loc.
When I got the car back everything worked perfectly, then 15 min into my drive my amps made my subwoofers make a buzzing sound and I took it back and they said both my amps were damaged. They were both brand new and they were the perfect match for my subs and I didn't over power them or turn any knobs to high, I'm starting to think best buy can't install locs or audio for sh**

Old 07-26-2012, 01:51 PM   Thread Starter #12
Official Member

How did you fixed the problem in your car? I went to 6th ave, as a friend of mine works in the store, but i think their install guys don't know much about Maxima.
There are two adjustments on the Hi/Lo and I tried adjusting both that time, but it didn't help.

The 5th wire is usually a ground, check to see if the volume was adjusted on the loc.
The funny thing is this happened to me as wel.
Before I started Doing audio I took my car to best buy and had them install 2 brand new amps, 2 brand new subs and a loc.
When I got the car back everything worked perfectly, then 15 min into my drive my amps made my subwoofers make a buzzing sound and I took it back and they said both my amps were damaged. They were both brand new and they were the perfect match for my subs and I didn't over power them or turn any knobs to high, I'm starting to think best buy can't install locs or audio for sh**
Old 07-26-2012, 03:13 PM   Thread Starter #13
Official Member

So I checked the way he has connected the high/lo is, right + of high/lo with BLUE/WHITE, right - with BLUE/BLACK. left + of high/lo with Green and left - of high/lo with green/black. does it seems correct? Also I looked at the wire colors as you have suggested but it seems some of the colors don't even exist in my car. I have 07 SL non navigation, Bose. Please help me what is the correct wire color for this car. I can tell you the color and order if you want.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #14

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

I never fixed the problem well I did but I just bought new amps and a new loc, I had an 06 so someone with a 07-08 Bose will have to chime in

Old 07-26-2012, 11:25 PM   Thread Starter #15
Official Member

So i checked the color code in my car (07 Maxima) and it is like this, no where matching with the 5th gen. I am not able to find wiring diagram anywhere on the net. My hi/lo convertor is connected the way i draw in the pic. I don't know if it is done correctly or not.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by sonicview; 07-26-2012 at 11:27 PM. Reason: link edited
Old 07-26-2012, 11:37 PM   #16
Flipadelphia

Official Member #: 662

Reputation Level: 55
06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:

Visit 06BlckMax's PS3 Profile

Originally Posted by sonicview View Post
So i checked the color code in my car (07 Maxima) and it is like this, no where matching with the 5th gen. I am not able to find wiring diagram anywhere on the net. My hi/lo convertor is connected the way i draw in the pic. I don't know if it is done correctly or not.
This is the wiring for a 2007 with Bose

------See How It Was Built------
sonicview (07-26-2012)
06BlckMax is offline   Send a private message to 06BlckMax Find more posts by 06BlckMax Add 06BlckMax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-26-2012, 11:58 PM   Thread Starter #17
Official Member

Thanks 06BlckMax! I found a great website where we can get all the repair manuals of Nissan.

hxxp://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/

By the way where the hi/lo wire should be taped, to the wire of rear speakers (which are on door) or the rear sub-woofer wires on the deck?
Old 07-27-2012, 12:07 AM   #18
Flipadelphia

06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:

This is what I did, since your adding a sub I just disconnected the plug from the powered Bose sub on the rear deck and ran my wires strait into the front of the connector with wire lugs, no stripping, easy access, and can go right back to stock whenever

Comments

very helpful post

Last edited by 06BlckMax; 07-27-2012 at 12:13 AM.
06BlckMax is offline   Send a private message to 06BlckMax Find more posts by 06BlckMax Add 06BlckMax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-27-2012, 01:15 AM   Thread Starter #19
Official Member

But doesn't this configuration power the RH sub-woofer from terminal 6 (battery+) and 5 (-ive) even you have disconnected the cable. though there will not be any audio signal feed but your RH bose sub will get power. Is that ok, no humming whatsoever?

Will there be any issue if we tap the hi/lo to the front speakers output wires (13 14 15 16)? Mine is done that way and my aftermarket sub just hummmm really loud with no music/beats. I an trying to figure out the reason, first thought was wrong wiring. He tapped in the front speaker instead of rear could that be the reason?

Thanks
Originally Posted by 06BlckMax View Post
This is what I did, since your adding a sub I just disconnected the plug from the powered Bose sub on the rear deck and ran my wires strait into the front of the connector with wire lugs, no stripping, easy access, and can go right back to stock whenever

Last edited by sonicview; 07-27-2012 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Changed LH to RH
Old 07-27-2012, 01:50 AM   #20
Flipadelphia

My Awards:

But doesn't this configuration power the RH sub-woofer from terminal 6 (battery+) and 5 (-ive) even you have disconnected the cable. though there will not be any audio signal feed but your RH bose sub will get power. Is that ok, no humming whatsoever?

Will there be any issue if we tap the hi/lo to the front speakers output wires (13 14 15 16)? Mine is done that way and my aftermarket sub just hummmm really loud with no music/beats. I an trying to figure out the reason, first thought was wrong wiring. He tapped in the front speaker instead of rear could that be the reason?

Thanks
Kinda of lost on what your asking, if you disconnect the right powered speaker then it will not work and you use that connector to run your Hi/Lo to get the signal to the amp

Running a Hi/Lo to the front speakers just sounds like a PITA when you all the access to the rears right in the trunk

Just go mess around with it, find the connector on the right speaker and hook up the Hi/Lo like the diagram

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

I would get you a picture of mine but its all taped up and tucked away

Old 07-27-2012, 02:03 AM   Thread Starter #21
Official Member

Originally Posted by 06BlckMax View Post
Running a Hi/Lo to the front speakers just sounds like a PITA when you all the access to the rears right in the trunk
Very True, but 6th ave installer did tap in the front speakers wires in the trunk, even we have access to all the wires in the trunk. I will remove the connection he did and will do the way you have done, just afraid that what if i will cut the wires and do all the test and finally come to know that either hi/lo or amp is faulty but it is worth a try.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:05 AM   #22
Official Member

Official Member #: 3079

Reputation Level: 8
Jony09 is an unknown quantity at this point

What i did with no problems at all was connect 2 negatives of the LOC to the negative, and the other 2 positive to the positive of a 6x9 in the trunk by tapping into the wire. then ran the remote wire to the fuses by the driver side and plugged it to the stereo fuse and ive had no problems.
Jony09 is offline   Send a private message to Jony09 Find more posts by Jony09 Add Jony09 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-27-2012, 11:40 AM   Thread Starter #23
Official Member

Originally Posted by Jony09 View Post
What i did with no problems at all was connect 2 negatives of the LOC to the negative, and the other 2 positive to the positive of a 6x9 in the trunk by tapping into the wire. then ran the remote wire to the fuses by the driver side and plugged it to the stereo fuse and ive had no problems.
What is 6X9?
Old 07-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #24
Flipadelphia

My Awards:

What is 6X9?
Size of the speaker on the trunk deck some people have 8" to

Old 07-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #25
Senior Moderator

Official Member #: 140

Reputation Level: 51
Chemax has a spectacular aura aboutChemax has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

What is 6X9?
Most have 6x9 speakers. They're the common oval shaped ones.

mmm.... chorizo
-csiepka
Chemax is offline   Send a private message to Chemax Find more posts by Chemax Add Chemax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top