Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Audio, Video & Electronics

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:53 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 14322

Reputation Level: 0
Tsulz is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Sound System Help

Im looking to get a nice sound system for my 05 Max and I wanted peoples advice on what I should get. I was thinking 2 10 inch and an amp to support both of them. I don't know anything about systems really and how many watts my amps would need to be in order to support both of them and sound clear and have the bass hit nice. Im really looking for something thats decently loud and hits clear. I felt like 2 10inch subs would get the job done and 2 12 inch were just a little overboard. Does anybody have any advice on a good setup and any brands that are good. Im looking to drop 400-500 bucks so thats basically my price range.

My second question would be should I buy an after market deck or can I hook the system up to the stock Bose system. I really want my system too be crisp and gets the job done without being overly done. Im willing to buy an aftermarket deck if it makes a significant difference but I feel like the placement of a touch screen deck would be tricky. What I would really LOVE to do is just place a touch screen deck right where the stock screen is (seems like the perfect spot) but Im pretty sure thats not possible (correct me if I am wrong). I have also seen a setup like the one in the picture. Im really stuck on this and need so help please.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Tsulz; 10-16-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Tsulz is offline   Send a private message to Tsulz Find more posts by Tsulz Add Tsulz to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-22-2013, 06:33 AM   #2
Executive Member

Official Member #: 1924

Reputation Level: 24
Latinmaxima is on a distinguished road

Visit Latinmaxima's Facebook Visit Latinmaxima's PS3 Profile Visit Latinmaxima's YouTube Visit Latinmaxima's Xbox Gamercard
Default Re: Sound System Help

Am I the only one not seeing anything via tapatalk for this thread?

So says latinmaxima, so it shall be!
Old 10-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #3
Senior Moderator
The Capital's 6th Gen

Official Member #: 1765

Reputation Level: 58
officerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

/ Point Value: 10

Supporting Family Member  

Official Ride  

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

/ Point Value: 5

Originally Posted by Latinmaxima View Post
Am I the only one not seeing anything via tapatalk for this thread?

I think the spam blocker has kicked in, although this isn't spam. I've tried to fix it but can't. Maybe @Deadbolt can.
officerfrasher is offline   Send a private message to officerfrasher Find more posts by officerfrasher Add officerfrasher to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
Executive Member

Official Member #: 1924

Reputation Level: 24
Latinmaxima is on a distinguished road

Visit Latinmaxima's Facebook Visit Latinmaxima's PS3 Profile Visit Latinmaxima's YouTube Visit Latinmaxima's Xbox Gamercard

Gotcha