Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Audio, Video & Electronics

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:59 AM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 2288

Reputation Level: 0
ruiz2728 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
Default Replacing Stock Bose Amplifier. Please Help!

Really need your help guys. I have a 4-channel amp and a subwoofer I want to install in my 04 max but I want to keep my stock head unit. After doing some research I learned that I have to get a LOC (line output converter) in order to connect the rca cables to the amp. I did a little better and bought a bought a PAC AOEM-NIS2 converter for $34 which eliminates the need to splice and just plugs and plays from the back of our HU. It stated in my the description that I can replace the stock bose amp alltogether. How do I go about doing that? I want to run all 7 speakers (6 stock + new sub) off the new amp. Or would it just be easier to leave the stock Bose amp and add the new amp running the new subwoofer and the stock 2 rear speakers?
Old 12-01-2011, 11:13 AM   #2
Senior Moderator
The Capital's 6th Gen

Official Member #: 1765

Reputation Level: 58
officerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Awards:
Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

/ Point Value: 10

Supporting Family Member  

Official Ride  

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

/ Point Value: 5

Default Re: Replacing Stock Bose Amplifier. Please Help!

@1hawaii50 or @07maximan should be able to help you.
officerfrasher is offline   Send a private message to officerfrasher Find more posts by officerfrasher Add officerfrasher to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
Senior Citizen Moderator
6th Gen Official Pops

Official Member #: 2184

Reputation Level: 69
07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice

Participation Level: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

My Awards:

Honorable Ride  

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

Personally I would leave the Bose amp there and just tap into the rear speakers. Are you doing this mainly for the sub? Why a 4 channel amp?

Originally Posted by dstruc View Post
Next week Omar is taking us walking through the projects. Alex is getting raped for sure.
07maximan is offline   Send a private message to 07maximan Find more posts by 07maximan Add 07maximan to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #4
Official Member

Official Member #: 2776

Reputation Level: 13
socal9erfan is on a distinguished road

Either just add the sub or redo it all. The bose speakers will blow with the increase of power and then you will be replacing it all anyways. Just add the amp, tap the rear speakers and your done. If you dont like the sound, replace it all. BTW- all I did was add a sub to the stock system and its fine for me. You cant hear me coming 2 blocks away but you can hear it 3-4 houses way. Its good, 07maximans system is awesome but he did it all new I beleive.
socal9erfan is offline   Send a private message to socal9erfan Find more posts by socal9erfan Add socal9erfan to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2011, 02:19 PM   #5
Official Member

Official Member #: 1644

Reputation Level: 11
SavageSavant is on a distinguished road

Visit SavageSavant's Facebook Visit SavageSavant's Twitter Visit SavageSavant's YouTube Visit SavageSavant's Xbox Gamercard

why not run the subs on a seperate channel from the back speakers for the lows? leave the back speakers on a channel for the mid range. i had a two channel in my 96 and ran all four front speakers from one and the two subs on the other channel.

Last edited by SavageSavant; 12-01-2011 at 02:19 PM. Reason: punctuation
SavageSavant is offline   Send a private message to SavageSavant Find more posts by SavageSavant Add SavageSavant to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-02-2011, 07:29 PM   #6
Senior Moderator

Official Member #: 63

1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

V.I.P Member  

/ Point Value: 15

Official Ride  

I think the stock BOSE speakers are 1 ohm speakers...you won't want to run them off of your 4 channel unless it is 1 ohm stable...and I'm guessing that it probably isn't.

Posted Via Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2011, 02:51 AM   Thread Starter #7

Official Member #: 2288

Reputation Level: 0
ruiz2728 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Originally Posted by 1hawaii50 View Post
I think the stock BOSE speakers are 1 ohm speakers...you won't want to run them off of your 4 channel unless it is 1 ohm stable...and I'm guessing that it probably isn't.

Posted Via Tapatalk
Could I still run the subwoofer and the two stock speaker that are accessible through the trunk? essentially using channel 1&2 bridged for the sub and 3&4 for the left and right rear woofer? or should i not put those on that amp being that it's not 1 ohm?
Old 12-03-2011, 07:26 AM   #8
Senior Moderator

Official Member #: 63

1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

V.I.P Member  

/ Point Value: 15

Official Ride  

Originally Posted by ruiz2728 View Post
Could I still run the subwoofer and the two stock speaker that are accessible through the trunk? essentially using channel 1&2 bridged for the sub and 3&4 for the left and right rear woofer? or should i not put those on that amp being that it's not 1 ohm?
From my understanding of the BOSE equipment (which is limited), you will damage either your BOSE amp, or your BOSE speakers if you run them with equipment NOT rated to run at 1 ohm. If you are going to put a sub in the trunk, I would pull the rear shelf speakers, and just leave the holes open. You don't need the shelf speakers since you are installing a sub. I'd get a cheap set of rear door speakers to run off of the other 2 amp channels.