Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Audio, Video & Electronics

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:54 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 3498

Reputation Level: 0
sicjeff is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Question About Audio Input

I'm sorry if this has been posted before. If so, please just link me to the thread. In any event, I have a 2008 Maxima without Bose. The CD player crapped out on me (plastic gear that ejects CDs broke). In any event, I am pondering just using an mp3 player rather than attempt to fit a new head unit. My car has the auxillary input port. I haven't purchased the mp3 player yet.

First question, will any mp3 player other than iPod or iPhone work? Second, if not, can I just plug one of these devices into my car and have it play through the speakers? Finally, do I have to have any sort of plug and play devices just to have the mp3 player use the speakers?

Thanks in advance.
sicjeff is offline   Send a private message to sicjeff Find more posts by sicjeff Add sicjeff to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2012, 10:59 PM   #2
Flipadelphia

Official Member #: 662

Reputation Level: 56
06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:

/ Point Value: 5

Visit 06BlckMax's PS3 Profile
Default Re: Question About Audio Input

Just hook up a mp3, phone whatever with a 3.5mm head jack and push the aux button on the radio and your set

------See How It Was Built------
Chemax (07-18-2012), Hmax (07-18-2012), Kenny (07-13-2012)
06BlckMax is offline   Send a private message to 06BlckMax Find more posts by 06BlckMax Add 06BlckMax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2012, 11:08 PM   #3
Glendales Official 6th Gen

Official Member #: 2651

Reputation Level: 36
Kenny has a spectacular aura aboutKenny has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

Visit Kenny's PS3 Profile Visit Kenny's Xbox Gamercard
Default Re: question about audio input

Simple as that ^

Follow Me On Instagram/Twitter:@0mg350z
Kenny is offline   Send a private message to Kenny Find more posts by Kenny Add Kenny to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2012, 11:09 PM   #4
Executive Member

Official Member #: 684

Reputation Level: 74
Thundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

Originally Posted by sicjeff View Post
I'm sorry if this has been posted before. If so, please just link me to the thread. In any event, I have a 2008 Maxima without Bose. The CD player crapped out on me (plastic gear that ejects CDs broke). In any event, I am pondering just using an mp3 player rather than attempt to fit a new head unit. My car has the auxillary input port. I haven't purchased the mp3 player yet.

First question, will any mp3 player other than iPod or iPhone work? Second, if not, can I just plug one of these devices into my car and have it play through the speakers? Finally, do I have to have any sort of plug and play devices just to have the mp3 player use the speakers?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, any mp3 player will work as long as it has a 3.5 mm jack as @06BlckMax stated. Don't forget you will also need a cable to go from the mp3 player to the auxiliary port.

Originally quoted by SH@Y86
Every time I think of judge Judy I think of her sitting in a court room with a name plate that reads Thundershott
Thundershott is offline   Send a private message to Thundershott Find more posts by Thundershott Add Thundershott to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2012, 11:53 PM   #5
Senior Citizen Moderator
6th Gen Official Pops

Official Member #: 2184

Reputation Level: 69
07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice

Participation Level: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

My Awards:

Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

Honorable Ride  

Also keep in mind it won't charge the MP3 player hooked up like that. It will work fine though.

Originally Posted by dstruc View Post
Next week Omar is taking us walking through the projects. Alex is getting raped for sure.
07maximan is offline   Send a private message to 07maximan Find more posts by 07maximan Add 07maximan to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #6
Senior Moderator

Official Member #: 140

Reputation Level: 51
Chemax has a spectacular aura aboutChemax has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Default Re: Question About Audio Input

Originally Posted by sicjeff View Post

Thanks in advance.
Yup, anything with a regular headphone jack. It could be any MP3 player, even an old Walkman cassette player.

I've just been using that aux input from day one, it works perfectly.

mmm.... chorizo
-csiepka
Chemax is offline   Send a private message to Chemax Find more posts by Chemax Add Chemax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top