Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Audio, Video & Electronics

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:36 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 5416

Reputation Level: 8
Dagasm is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Pioneer AVH-8400P Back Button Question

I know there's a bunch of us with the Pioneer AVH-8400P so I figured I'd ask here. I mainly use mine for mp3s via a sd card and since day one pressing back won't get me to a previous song, only forward works. Pressing the back button only takes me to the start of whichever song I'm on, regardless if I press it quickly multiple times. I was wondering if this is normal operation for the head unit or if it's possibly my sd card. The back button functions correctly otherwise such as going back a chapter on a dvd so I don't think it's the button itself causing the problem. If it is normal, I find it to be a pretty annoying design flaw. : /

2006 SE
5spd Auto
Dagasm is offline   Send a private message to Dagasm Find more posts by Dagasm Add Dagasm to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 06-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
Glendales Official 6th Gen

Official Member #: 2651

Reputation Level: 35
Kenny has a spectacular aura aboutKenny has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

/ Point Value: 5

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

/ Point Value: 10

Visit Kenny's PS3 Profile Visit Kenny's Xbox Gamercard
Default Re: Pioneer AVH-8400P Back Button Question

It's your sd card. Reason it does that is because your sd card reads music as files so when you play it from the headunit the Headunit thinks there's only one song which is why you can't go back. Think of it as a multi-cd Headunit. If you're on the first cd you can't go back, although there are more cd's the headunit sees it as the first one and thinks it can't go
back technically because it's the first cd. I know it's very confusing but hope it helps. Open up your sd card on your computer and if the music is all seperated into little folders in the sd card take them out and have all your music just in one folder. Music gets seperated commonly on flashdrives,sd cards etc if you use iTunes as your music provider

Follow Me On Instagram/Twitter:@0mg350z
Kenny is offline   Send a private message to Kenny Find more posts by Kenny Add Kenny to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 06-25-2013, 03:12 AM   Thread Starter #3

Official Member #: 5416

Reputation Level: 8
Dagasm is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Re: Pioneer AVH-8400P Back Button Question

Your advice made sense to me, but I just put all the songs into one folder and it didn't make a difference.

2006 SE
5spd Auto
Dagasm is offline   Send a private message to Dagasm Find more posts by Dagasm Add Dagasm to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top