Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Audio, Video & Electronics

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 08-06-2013, 12:23 AM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 284

Reputation Level: 0
kingobeach is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Mysterious Cut Wires Under The Dash

Hey all, I'm trying to help out a friend with his '04 Maxima SL w/4spd tranny. I was under the dash and noticed these wires that are cut and wondered if anyone could tell me what they might be for? I'm chasing a code P1065 and B1000, a speedometer that no longer works and what I think is the ABS Module on the passenger side of the firewall that constantly runs whether the car is turned on or not (stopping it requires disconnecting the negative battery cable). The wires are a pale brown - I can't tell where they lead. I'm tempted to strip the insulation off and twist them together again but don't want to add to his problems - he just lost his job last week so doesn't need anything more to deal with. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Here are 2 pictures of the wires.
Cut Wire photo 1.jpg

Cut Wire photo 2.jpg
kingobeach is offline   Send a private message to kingobeach Find more posts by kingobeach Add kingobeach to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
Glendales Official 6th Gen

Official Member #: 2651

Reputation Level: 35
Kenny has a spectacular aura aboutKenny has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

/ Point Value: 5

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

/ Point Value: 10

Visit Kenny's PS3 Profile Visit Kenny's Xbox Gamercard
Default Re: Mysterious cut wires under the dash

Did he pull the abs fuse out to stop the pump from running? Usually the pump malfunctioning results in speedo not working. As for the wires can't help

Follow Me On Instagram/Twitter:@0mg350z
Kenny is offline   Send a private message to Kenny Find more posts by Kenny Add Kenny to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-06-2013, 02:09 PM   Thread Starter #3

Official Member #: 284

Reputation Level: 0
kingobeach is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Mysterious cut wires under the dash

Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
Did he pull the abs fuse out to stop the pump from running? Usually the pump malfunctioning results in speedo not working. As for the wires can't help
He's not technically adept so hasn't messed with the car at all. I went through all of the fuses yesterday to see if any were bad. That being said, I don't recall where the ABS fuse is so will go double check. I also tried to locate the relay to see if it might be bad but can't find it either. Thanks for the suggestion, though, I'll go look after lunch!!
kingobeach is offline   Send a private message to kingobeach Find more posts by kingobeach Add kingobeach to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #4

Official Member #: 747

Reputation Level: 9
bhp4202 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Mysterious Cut Wires Under The Dash

Abs fuse located under hood by coolant overflow, are those cut wires on driver or passenger side?