Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Audio, Video & Electronics

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:25 AM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 4511

Reputation Level: 0
borno24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default iPod Integration Bose w/o Nav

I currently have a 2004 SL with bose sound no nav. Right now I am running my iPhone through a cassette adapter and a separate car charger. I have been looking at ways to integrate my iPhone into the factory radio. What I'm looking to get out of the integration is better sound quality and ease of use (being able to use steering wheel controls and also track info on the display). I have been looking into the iSimple adapter kit for the integration. The problem is iSimple shows compatibility with maximas 2005 and up not 2004. after doing further research it looks like the unit plugs into the unused SAT connection on the vehicle and I'm not sure if there is a difference from 2004 to 2005 in this connection. I can get the iSimple and have it installed for around $100 and from what I've seen it sounds like a good deal. What I need to find out is if this will even work with my maxima and if not what other alternatives are out there.

Thanks!

Link to iSimple:
iSimple - Factory Radio Interface for Select Nissan and Mazda Vehicles - Black - ISNM71
borno24 is offline   Send a private message to borno24 Find more posts by borno24 Add borno24 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
Executive Member

Official Member #: 1924

Reputation Level: 24
Latinmaxima is on a distinguished road

Visit Latinmaxima's Facebook Visit Latinmaxima's PS3 Profile Visit Latinmaxima's YouTube Visit Latinmaxima's Xbox Gamercard
Default Re: iPod Integration Bose w/o Nav

The USA SPEC pa15-NIS also says 2005 -2008 but it works fine on my 2004. I can't tell you if the isimple will work but the USA SPEC pa-15 does for sure. it is about the same price. Can you get a shot fo the harness on the isimple and I could probably tell you more for sure.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:32 AM   Thread Starter #3

Official Member #: 4511

Reputation Level: 0
borno24 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't seem to find a good pic of the harness. After looking around I was thinking about just going with a universal kit considering i control the iPod function from my iPhone already it seems like it would eliminate one cord integrating audio and power into the dock connector and also improve sound quality over my cassette adapter. Thoughts?

Link to universal kit:
iSimple - AppleŽ iPodŽ Adapter for Most Vehicle Radios (Basic Install Included) - IS77
borno24 is offline   Send a private message to borno24 Find more posts by borno24 Add borno24 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-07-2012, 09:17 AM   #4
Executive Member

Official Member #: 1924

Reputation Level: 24
Latinmaxima is on a distinguished road

Visit Latinmaxima's Facebook Visit Latinmaxima's PS3 Profile Visit Latinmaxima's YouTube Visit Latinmaxima's Xbox Gamercard

My brother had this one and liked it. It works well enough. Beyond this would be the full integration. Really just try and see if it meets your needs first.

Tags
2004, 6thgen, audio, bose, iphone, ipod, isimple, nonav

Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Audio, Video & Electronics