Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Audio, Video & Electronics

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:06 PM   Thread Starter #1
Official Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 16004

Reputation Level: 5
MAnNy07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%
Default Good camshaft brand or sensor.

What's up guy's? P0345 code came up, and found out it's my camshaft sensor. I've been calling everywhere, getting different brands. What's a good quality brand out there that you guy's would buy?
Nathaniel216 (11-24-2014)
MAnNy07 is offline   Send a private message to MAnNy07 Find more posts by MAnNy07 Add MAnNy07 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-24-2014, 10:18 AM   #2

Official Member #: 15988

Reputation Level: 0
maqxziman is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Re: Good camshaft brand or sensor.

Originally Posted by MAnNy07 View Post
What's up guy's? P0345 code came up, and found out it's my camshaft sensor. I've been calling everywhere, getting different brands. What's a good quality brand out there that you guy's would buy?
am a noob on this forum
good question bro. i am having issues with both my cam and crank shaft sensors as we speak and would prefer to choose carefully. unfortunately, it seems no one is interested in answering this very crucial question.... sad to say.
maqxziman is offline   Send a private message to maqxziman Find more posts by maqxziman Add maqxziman to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-24-2014, 01:12 PM   Thread Starter #3
Official Member

Originally Posted by maqxziman View Post
am a noob on this forum
good question bro. i am having issues with both my cam and crank shaft sensors as we speak and would prefer to choose carefully. unfortunately, it seems no one is interested in answering this very crucial question.... sad to say.
This is one of those things, that I'm trying to be very cautious on. I've heard only buy the Nissan brand. I just don't wanna spend $100 on one sensor.
MAnNy07 is offline   Send a private message to MAnNy07 Find more posts by MAnNy07 Add MAnNy07 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-24-2014, 01:25 PM   #4

Official Member #: 15351

theprophecy23 is an unknown quantity at this point

About 10,000 miles ago, had to do my sensors. just used the Advance auto parts ones. $50 a piece.. haven't had a problem since. Click the image to open in full size.
MAnNy07 (11-25-2014)
theprophecy23 is offline   Send a private message to theprophecy23 Find more posts by theprophecy23 Add theprophecy23 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-24-2014, 11:59 PM   #5
Official Member

Official Member #: 7491

Reputation Level: 7
Nathaniel216 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just had this problem today and once before but the before was Bank 1 and today was Bank 2 and they say to change out both when 1 of them go out so I say change out both but anyways. I had went to Autozone for my bank 1 about 1 1/2 year ago with a lifetime warranty and had no problems yet so I went today to get the Bank 2 and installed it and works like normal also with a lifetime warranty. So I say there's no problems with the Autozone CamShaft sensors for Bank 1 and 2. Just saying guys. I'm happy with them. They're working for me so I don't care what anybody says about don't get them and or there cheap parts or whatever. My bank 1 has been working for over a year and a half now so I'm happy with them coming from Autozone
MAnNy07 (11-25-2014)
Nathaniel216 is offline   Send a private message to Nathaniel216 Find more posts by Nathaniel216 Add Nathaniel216 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-25-2014, 03:14 PM   Thread Starter #6
Official Member

Originally Posted by Nathaniel216 View Post
I just had this problem today and once before but the before was Bank 1 and today was Bank 2 and they say to change out both when 1 of them go out so I say change out both but anyways. I had went to Autozone for my bank 1 about 1 1/2 year ago with a lifetime warranty and had no problems yet so I went today to get the Bank 2 and installed it and works like normal also with a lifetime warranty. So I say there's no problems with the Autozone CamShaft sensors for Bank 1 and 2. Just saying guys. I'm happy with them. They're working for me so I don't care what anybody says about don't get them and or there cheap parts or whatever. My bank 1 has been working for over a year and a half now so I'm happy with them coming from Autozone
That's what I needed to know brah. You stated that you had your sensors over a year now that's definitely good news to my ears. So replace both of them? Which brand did you go with? For example,like duralast or something?
Old 11-25-2014, 04:19 PM   #7
Official Member

That's what I needed to know brah. You stated that you had your sensors over a year now that's definitely good news to my ears. So replace both of them? Which brand did you go with? For example,like duralast or something?
Yea Duralast. Sometimes money is tight so you gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck bro
Nathaniel216 is offline   Send a private message to Nathaniel216 Find more posts by Nathaniel216 Add Nathaniel216 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-25-2014, 04:21 PM   #8
Official Member

Yea Duralast. Sometimes money is tight so you gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck bro
MAnNy07 (11-25-2014)
Old 11-25-2014, 06:57 PM   #9

Official Member #: 1

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube

Just about every part in the Maxima world you can get aftermarket. Its comes down to a matter of preference, budgets and in some cases you need it ASAP.

I personally prefer OEM especially for electronics. But that's just me. Many times I find good deals and the OEM price is not to far from Aftermarket.

But nothing wrong with using Autozone or Advanced Auto parts. They will work fine.

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
MAnNy07 (11-25-2014), sprocketser (09-03-2016)
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-25-2014, 07:51 PM   Thread Starter #10
Official Member

I feel a lot better now knowing that I don't half to spend $100 on one sensor. AutoZone here I come. Thanks everybody for your advice guys helped me a bunch.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:19 AM   #11
Reputable Member

Official Member #: 6257

Reputation Level: 11
sprocketser is an unknown quantity at this point

Get the metal ones @ AZ , or go OEM , did you get it done mate !
Newest ride , 05 Smoke Met M/T SER Altima,NismoCAI/CatBack , Dynomax Resonator OBX Headers , RacingLine FSTB& BTD tbi, RedLionRacing Shifter Bushings tbi , EBC RedStuff Pads/ 06 350Z Base Rear Brakes/EBC Rotors , H&R springs & Triple C Camber Bolts tbi , RP MaxATF psf , Motul Brake fluids & clutch fluids , LiquiMoly Motor oil/Wix Filter , Pennzoil Synth Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+ ,
sprocketser is offline   Send a private message to sprocketser Find more posts by sprocketser Add sprocketser to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-12-2014, 08:45 AM   #12

Originally Posted by sprocketser View Post
Get the metal ones @ AZ , or go OEM , did you get it done mate !
hi people
good to get a better insight into the murky world of parts sales. its very crucial that i have to be careful since i live a gadzillion miles away- in lagos, nigeria to be precise!! i cant afford to keep experimenting with the sometimes dodgy parts on sale here. truth be told you can get oem (straight from the
nissan...err stealership, etc) but you will have to part with an arm and a leg, too. so, my motto is- " measure twice, and cut once" becuz as we know in terms of electronics the max is a fairly touchy, demanding old lady- fine one at that.
thanks again for sharing your 6th gen max experiences.
sprocketser (12-16-2014)
maqxziman is offline   Send a private message to maqxziman Find more posts by maqxziman Add maqxziman to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-12-2014, 10:16 AM   #13
Reputable Member

hi people
good to get a better insight into the murky world of parts sales. its very crucial that i have to be careful since i live a gadzillion miles away- in lagos, nigeria to be precise!! i cant afford to keep experimenting with the sometimes dodgy parts on sale here. truth be told you can get oem (straight from the
nissan...err stealership, etc) but you will have to part with an arm and a leg, too. so, my motto is- " measure twice, and cut once" becuz as we know in terms of electronics the max is a fairly touchy, demanding old lady- fine one at that.
I understand your issues fella .

I live close to a stealership & they keep steal us .

I have some Standard sensors wich aren t metal ones & I keep the SES light on , I don t care much I know why .

I understand that shipping will cost an arm & a leg if not more .

One thing I can tell you is that if you make business with Courtesy Nissan Parts or RockAuto , they wont screw you .
Newest ride , 05 Smoke Met M/T SER Altima,NismoCAI/CatBack , Dynomax Resonator OBX Headers , RacingLine FSTB& BTD tbi, RedLionRacing Shifter Bushings tbi , EBC RedStuff Pads/ 06 350Z Base Rear Brakes/EBC Rotors , H&R springs & Triple C Camber Bolts tbi , RP MaxATF psf , Motul Brake fluids & clutch fluids , LiquiMoly Motor oil/Wix Filter , Pennzoil Synth Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+ ,
sprocketser is offline   Send a private message to sprocketser Find more posts by sprocketser Add sprocketser to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-12-2014, 10:17 AM   #14
Reputable Member

Or if Amazon.com would be good on your side .
Old 12-15-2014, 04:37 PM   Thread Starter #15
Official Member

hi people
I brought the AutoZone duralast brand, only 65 buck's. Almost half the price of the dealer!
Old 12-16-2014, 09:52 AM   #16
Reputable Member

I brought the AutoZone duralast brand, only 65 buck's. Almost half the price of the dealer!
Are these the metal ones !
Old 12-16-2014, 10:52 AM   #17

based on my research i concluded Hitachi makes stuff for car manufacturers aside their own brand name stuff. Hitachi does make a camshaft sensor( straight one located close to the firewall) and the crankshaft sensor, both with the metallic head (no pun intended). If i could find the cam sensor nearer to the radiator by them also then i would gladly buy all three because am trying to avoid mixing and matching. As a last resort i would have to plump for OEM gear just to be on the safe side and leave no room for errors ( i mean just in case the after market ones are not up to scratch)
just my 2 cents, but to each his own.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:29 PM   #18
Reputable Member

Good call on changing all 3 sensors , my take too on no mix & match on this issue .
Old 12-16-2014, 05:02 PM   Thread Starter #19
Official Member

The camshaft sensors are really easy to find. You can't miss em they have green clips, and there's a bulletin by Nissan saying that replace only if it calls too be replaced. If you feel that you should replace all at once, go for it.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:05 PM   Thread Starter #20
Official Member

Originally Posted by sprocketser View Post
Are these the metal ones !
Duralast dosen't make metal one's. Hitachi makes the metal one's.
Jaerod43 (11-04-2016), sprocketser (12-17-2014)
Old 12-18-2014, 09:16 AM   #21

i do need some clarification about the right sensors for a 2004 sl 5 speed as there are so many confusing variations and part numbers. This much i know: OEM part numbers are-Camshaft/23731-6J90B; Camshaft/23731-AL61A;Crankshaft/23731-6J90C & 23731-AL60D.
Hitachi part numbers are-Crankshaft Position Sensor/CPS0002(OEM No.23731-6J90C);CPS0004(OEM No. 23731-AL60D).
However, I stand corrected on the above info as this would benefit all and sundry in the same situation.
Thanks.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:39 PM   #22
Reputable Member

i do need some clarification about the right sensors for a 2004 sl 5 speed as there are so many confusing variations and part numbers. This much i know: OEM part numbers are-Camshaft/23731-6J90B; Camshaft/23731-AL61A;Crankshaft/23731-6J90C & 23731-AL60D.
Hitachi part numbers are-Crankshaft Position Sensor/CPS0002(OEM No.23731-6J90C);CPS0004(OEM No. 23731-AL60D).
However, I stand corrected on the above info as this would benefit all and sundry in the same situation.
Thanks.
It looks weird as for the Hitachi #s .
MAnNy07 (12-19-2014)
Old 12-18-2014, 06:02 PM   #23
Official Member

Official Member #: 2035

Reputation Level: 10
Costee is on a distinguished road

Thanks.
To be absolutely certain, it's good to work with your VIN. That said, the numbers for the camshaft sensors are presumably correct; while those for the crankshaft are not. At any rate, there is only one crankshaft sensor and not two.
PS. The crankshaft sensor numbers you posted are for Nissan models in Europe and Japan.

Last edited by Costee; 12-18-2014 at 06:26 PM.
Costee is online now   Send a private message to Costee Find more posts by Costee Add Costee to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-19-2014, 07:35 AM   #24

Yes, I do know that there is just the sole crankshaft sensor, and the pair of camshaft sensors, however, I was referencing the info I came across during my research on the websites of the various vendors. I have been able to input my VIN on some sites, while others make no provision for that. So, I guess I would have to rely on info from sites that have used my VIN in the search process. Be mindful that the reason for the different numbers is due to the fact that parts are (obviously) matched to year/specs. For example, on the sites of nissanpartszone.com and nissanusaparts.com searched with my VIN, it came up with Crankshaft Sensor number 23731-8YOOA.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:53 AM   #25
Official Member

Official Member #: 2035

Reputation Level: 10
Costee is on a distinguished road

my VIN, came up with Crankshaft Sensor number 23731-8YOOA.
Then that's yours.
Costee is online now   Send a private message to Costee Find more posts by Costee Add Costee to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top