Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Audio, Video & Electronics

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:06 PM   Thread Starter #1
SD Blue 6.5 Gen
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1442

Reputation Level: 18
blue max will become famous soon enough

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Awards:

/ Point Value: 5

Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

Default Chased By 2 Pitbulls

My son and I took a ride on my Dads golf cart lastnight. We just left my house and got a few houses down the street. I was turning the corner when two huge pits come running toward us. I sped up and headed down the hill both dogs it tow. I thought they would stop but I was wrong. I got to the bottum of the hill and turned. The road was flat and the dogs started catching us. I yelled GO HOME!!!! One stopped and then the other. I made my get away. A few minutes later the two pits were right in front of my house. The were lookin to have my two cats for dinner. My question is how would I deffend my self? The father in me says shoot them! But I'm an animal lover and think pepper spray. I don't like pits. NO OFFENCE to pit owner. My wife takes my son for walks in the nieghborhood and I worry for them. Suggestions please!
blue max is offline   Send a private message to blue max Find more posts by blue max Add blue max to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #2
Glendales Official 6th Gen

Official Member #: 2651

Reputation Level: 36
Kenny has a spectacular aura aboutKenny has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

Visit Kenny's PS3 Profile Visit Kenny's Xbox Gamercard
Default Re: Chased by 2 pitbulls

Call animal control in your area bro

Follow Me On Instagram/Twitter:@0mg350z
1hawaii50 (01-06-2012), Latinmaxima (01-06-2012), nixmax924 (01-06-2012), RAZ76 (01-06-2012)
Kenny is offline   Send a private message to Kenny Find more posts by Kenny Add Kenny to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
Donating Member

Official Member #: 86

Reputation Level: 25
Max Power will become famous soon enoughMax Power will become famous soon enough

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Visit Max Power's YouTube

Find the owners and contact your local animal service dept. to make a house call. This would help to let the owners know, their dogs were out freely, and how their dogs react when the owners aren't around. I'd do this if it were pit bulls or chihuahuas. Some owners are just clueless and need to be aware. Especially when it comes to a dog with lock jaw. (No offense to Pit Bull owners. My sister in law has one that has been trained correctly.)
Max Power is offline   Send a private message to Max Power Find more posts by Max Power Add Max Power to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #4
I Am Just A Man

Official Member #: 175

Reputation Level: 20
Deadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Chased By 2 Pitbulls

Originally Posted by blue max View Post
My son and I took a ride on my Dads golf cart lastnight. We just left my house and got a few houses down the street. I was turning the corner when two huge pits come running toward us. I sped up and headed down the hill both dogs it tow. I thought they would stop but I was wrong. I got to the bottum of the hill and turned. The road was flat and the dogs started catching us. I yelled GO HOME!!!! One stopped and then the other. I made my get away. A few minutes later the two pits were right in front of my house. The were lookin to have my two cats for dinner. My question is how would I deffend my self? The father in me says shoot them! But I'm an animal lover and think pepper spray. I don't like pits. NO OFFENCE to pit owner. My wife takes my son for walks in the nieghborhood and I worry for them. Suggestions please!
I would've put a bullet in each head and called it a day. It's one thing to love animals, but it's another when they endanger my family.

It reminds me of when I broke a dog's neck and killed him when I was younger. That dog jumped on my back out of a car window and dug his nails into my back. It was just a natural reaction to do something after being attacked.

Now that you're home safe, I'd call and get it reported. You never know when your kid is on the way to the car or even just standing in the front yard, and one of those dogs attack him or someone else.

Currently Own: 2004 Silver 6th Gen / 2009 White 7th Gen / 2011 Black 7th Gen

Disclaimer: By being a member of my4th/5th/6th/7thgen.org, you acknowledge and agree that if no pics are posted within 24 hours of any installed modification, you can, and will, be automaticly BANNED for 48 hours.
1hawaii50 (01-06-2012), Kontra-vers-E (01-06-2012)
Deadbolt is offline   Send a private message to Deadbolt Find more posts by Deadbolt Add Deadbolt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #5
Senior Moderator
The Capital's 6th Gen

Official Member #: 1765

Reputation Level: 58
officerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

Supporting Family Member  

Official Ride  

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

Thread started in "Audio, Video and Electronics"!
1hawaii50 (01-06-2012)
officerfrasher is offline   Send a private message to officerfrasher Find more posts by officerfrasher Add officerfrasher to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:22 PM   #6
I Am Just A Man

Official Member #: 175

Deadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by officerfrasher View Post
The story is very visual lmao

Currently Own: 2004 Silver 6th Gen / 2009 White 7th Gen / 2011 Black 7th Gen

Disclaimer: By being a member of my4th/5th/6th/7thgen.org, you acknowledge and agree that if no pics are posted within 24 hours of any installed modification, you can, and will, be automaticly BANNED for 48 hours.
1hawaii50 (01-06-2012)
Deadbolt is offline   Send a private message to Deadbolt Find more posts by Deadbolt Add Deadbolt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #7
Official Member

Official Member #: 2776

Reputation Level: 13
socal9erfan is on a distinguished road

Pepper spray works. I have a 110 lb pit and he fuckin hates cats.(he actually hate anything that moves, except people) You can also carry an air horn. They dont like loud noises. Take a golf club with you on your walks, one good whack should turn him away, if not, beat the shit out of it. Pits arent bad dogs, most owners of pitbulls dont know how to properly raise/ train them. Next time out, take food, lunch meat, hot dogs, what ever. The best way to any aminals heart is thru their stomach, plus, they will stop to eat the food and allow you time to return to your safehaven, Good luck.
socal9erfan is offline   Send a private message to socal9erfan Find more posts by socal9erfan Add socal9erfan to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #8
Quicksilver

Official Member #: 138

Reputation Level: 50
RAZ76 is a jewel in the roughRAZ76 is a jewel in the roughRAZ76 is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:

Banner of The Month  

Official Ride  

Do you guys have leash laws? Me personally knowing what good pits with bad owners do, I would have had my conceal carry weapon out and shoot them if they came at me. I was attacked by a German shepherd when I was nine and have 15 stitches on the back of my head to remind me of that day. I don't take chances with aggressive dogs or whatever. When they are aggressive like that, specially Pits, they are no joke. I love animals but not when they are aggressive and run freely.

Back in August of last year. I picked up my kids from school and half way home I see this 8 year old girl cornered by a pit and everyone was yelling at him to get back out of their cars but not one got out. My instinct kicked in and that could have been my daughter, I pulled out my conceal carry and got the dog fixated on me, told the little girl to run off and had my gun pointed at him until animal control got there. They shot him with tranquilizer and he still didn't go down, they had to shoot him 3 times before he finally laid down and went to sleep. That's how tough this Pit was. He as about 60lbs.

Moral of the story, if you're packing and your life is threatened, it doesn't matter what it is, you take care of business. I was ready, if he launched at me, he would have slept for eternity.
RAZ76 is offline   Send a private message to RAZ76 Find more posts by RAZ76 Add RAZ76 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:32 PM   #9
Official Member

Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
Find the owners and contact your local animal service dept. to make a house call. This would help to let the owners know, their dogs were out freely, and how their dogs react when the owners aren't around. I'd do this if it were pit bulls or chihuahuas. Some owners are just clueless and need to be aware. Especially when it comes to a dog with lock jaw. (No offense to Pit Bull owners. My sister in law has one that has been trained correctly.)

Pit Bulls dont have lock jaws. They have the strongest bite of any canine and the will not to let go. "Lock Jaw" = NO. My dog will hang from a rope in a tree and he's over 100 lbs. Lock jaw is a tetnus disease. Thats the only way to get lock jaw.

Myths & Facts
socal9erfan is offline   Send a private message to socal9erfan Find more posts by socal9erfan Add socal9erfan to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #10
Donating Member

Official Member #: 86

Reputation Level: 25
Max Power will become famous soon enoughMax Power will become famous soon enough

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Visit Max Power's YouTube

Originally Posted by socal9erfan View Post
Pepper spray works. I have a 110 lb pit and he fuckin hates cats.(he actually hate anything that moves, except people) You can also carry an air horn. They dont like loud noises. Take a golf club with you on your walks, one good whack should turn him away, if not, beat the shit out of it. Pits arent bad dogs, most owners of pitbulls dont know how to properly raise/ train them. Next time out, take food, lunch meat, hot dogs, what ever. The best way to any aminals heart is thru their stomach, plus, they will stop to eat the food and allow you time to return to your safehaven, Good luck.
No offense, but it sounds like your telling the OP and his kid and everyone else in that neighborhood to adapt their actions by carrying weapons or meat. SMH

Sounds to me like the owners need to adapt their lifestyle to train the dogs, or keep them fenced in.
If they cant get that taken care of, then a "Put Down" for the dogs is necessary. I had to do it to my own dog (110lbs german shepherd) who lost his mind at 9yrs old and started growling at my wife and kids.
1hawaii50 (01-06-2012), RAZ76 (01-06-2012)
Max Power is offline   Send a private message to Max Power Find more posts by Max Power Add Max Power to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #11
Quicksilver

Official Member #: 138

Reputation Level: 50
RAZ76 is a jewel in the roughRAZ76 is a jewel in the roughRAZ76 is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:

Banner of The Month  

Official Ride  

No offense, but it sounds like your telling the OP and his kid and everyone else in that neighborhood to adapt their actions by carrying weapons or meat. SMH

Sounds to me like the owners need to adapt their lifestyle to train the dogs, or keep them fenced in.
If they cant get that taken care of, then a "Put Down" for the dogs is necessary. I had to do it to my own dog (110lbs german shepherd) who lost his mind at 9yrs old and started growling at my wife and kids.
Sorry but I kind of agree, humans come first.
RAZ76 is offline   Send a private message to RAZ76 Find more posts by RAZ76 Add RAZ76 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #12

Official Member #: 158

Reputation Level: 32
Hmax will become famous soon enoughHmax will become famous soon enough

My Awards:

Thats Scary

Want 12HP More?- CLICK HERE
Hmax is offline   Send a private message to Hmax Find more posts by Hmax Add Hmax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #13
Official Member

I couldnt agree with you more. Most people who have pit bulls should not own them. I have had 4 in the last 15 years. If any of my dogs were agressive, I would put them down myself. I have 2 kids and a wife, I feel his pain, I was telling him how he can adapt. Not that he has too, but he can. I will shoot my dog, your dog and Eddys dog if need be. Where I live, there is no animal control, some dogs owners are fuck faces and could care less abouth their dog getting out and terrorizing the neighborhood. We all know the "correct" steps to take, but sometimes you have to adjust/ adapt to your surroundings.
Max Power (01-06-2012)
Old 01-06-2012, 08:09 PM   #14
Executive Member

Official Member #: 1924

Reputation Level: 24
Latinmaxima is on a distinguished road

Visit Latinmaxima's Facebook Visit Latinmaxima's PS3 Profile Visit Latinmaxima's YouTube Visit Latinmaxima's Xbox Gamercard

Definitely report it and keep an eye out. Until you know the situation is resolved be careful while outside and if you have a concealed keep it close. You never know.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #15
Official Member
Donating Member

Official Member #: 110

dstruc is on a distinguished road

peper spray and a bat to the face will take care of them.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:12 PM   #16

Official Member #: 1

EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube

Originally Posted by socal9erfan View Post
I couldnt agree with you more. Most people who have pit bulls should not own them. I have had 4 in the last 15 years. If any of my dogs were agressive, I would put them down myself. I have 2 kids and a wife, I feel his pain, I was telling him how he can adapt. Not that he has too, but he can. I will shoot my dog, your dog and Eddys dog if need be. Where I live, there is no animal control, some dogs owners are fuck faces and could care less abouth their dog getting out and terrorizing the neighborhood. We all know the "correct" steps to take, but sometimes you have to adjust/ adapt to your surroundings.
You shoot my dog, I'll shoot you in the leg and skin you alive in front of your kids. lol jk

Sorry I love my dog!! He was very loyal to me and my family.

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
6spd Mike (03-24-2013), CleanMaxx (01-06-2012), Maximus_Decimus_Meridius (08-27-2012), myounz (01-06-2012)
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #17

Official Member #: 1113

Reputation Level: 0
lowlife is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

I have a pit also and hes really just a big puppy and wouldnt hurt anything he even lets kittens sleep with him but he looks intimidating and if he were to chase someone I would expect him to get shot especially if there were a kid there thats something you dont take chances on
lowlife is offline   Send a private message to lowlife Find more posts by lowlife Add lowlife to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #18
Poetic Max

Official Member #: 2199

Reputation Level: 35
Kontra-vers-E will become famous soon enoughKontra-vers-E will become famous soon enough

Visit Kontra-vers-E's Facebook Visit Kontra-vers-E's PS3 Profile

I love dogs and can't wait until my kids get older so I can get one so they can grow up with him. But if I have my kids and a dog, especially a Pit, is chasing us, I'm going to put him down, no questions about it. And then I'll report the owner to the county and have him cited for letting his vicious dogs get loose.

Now I would do my best to get away because with two dogs, anything could go wrong and I have my son with me, but when cornered, out comes the .40cal with hallow points and down does two dogs.

Greatness in the making...
Kontra-vers-E is offline   Send a private message to Kontra-vers-E Find more posts by Kontra-vers-E Add Kontra-vers-E to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2012, 10:41 PM   #19
Senior Moderator

Official Member #: 63

Reputation Level: 58
1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

V.I.P Member  

/ Point Value: 15

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

Official Ride  

We took a dog attack call a couple months back. A lady had her pit bull and her retriever in the same room. This is the pit she raised from a puppy, would never hurt a fly...so she said. The pit suddenly went after the retriever "for no reason", and she jumped up to try to separate them. The pit immediately turned on her and tore her to shreds. Both arms and one leg. She was taken straight to Metro Trauma Center. I had to go to the hospital to get pics for the report. She looked like she had been attacked by a shark. She had chunks of flesh and muscle missing from her arms and legs.

In the same room that this all took place, there was a 3 year old girl sleeping on the couch 2 feet away! I can't even begin to think what might have happened had she awoken from the commotion and jumped off of the couch.

I know there are people here that keep pits and love them. IN MY HUMBLE OPINION a pit is not a dog that should EVER be kept as a "family" pet. I don't need 500 people to respond to my post telling me how gentle they are. This is just my opinion. If you need a family pet, there are so many other breeds to choose from...I just don't understand the "need" to own a pit bull.

Last edited by 1hawaii50; 01-06-2012 at 10:43 PM.
1hawaii50 is offline   Send a private message to 1hawaii50 Find more posts by 1hawaii50 Add 1hawaii50 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-07-2012, 12:03 AM   #20
Official Member

Originally Posted by EddyMaxx View Post
You shoot my dog, I'll shoot you in the leg and skin you alive in front of your kids. lol jk

Sorry I love my dog!! He was very loyal to me and my family.
That's awesome. That's gonna be a lot of skinnin. I'm pretty big. Besides , the person who shoots my dog is gonna be the first person I shoot��
Old 01-07-2012, 12:20 AM   Thread Starter #21
SD Blue 6.5 Gen

My Awards:

Supporting Family Member  

My bad Officer!
blue max is offline   Send a private message to blue max Find more posts by blue max Add blue max to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-07-2012, 12:36 AM   Thread Starter #22
SD Blue 6.5 Gen

My Awards:

Supporting Family Member  

Thanks guys! Raz we have leash laws and they were fenced in. I think they got out some how. I don't currently own a gun yet! Soon. I bought some pepper spray for the wife and house. I will up date if something changes. Thanks agian everyone.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:52 AM   #23

Official Member #: 3959

Reputation Level: 0
SpecialEd89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Visit SpecialEd89's PS3 Profile Visit SpecialEd89's Twitter

When I was a kid I had a huge fear of dogs and my bro suggested that whenever I felt afraid just bark back at them because they're more afraid of us then we are of 6them. Then i ran into a stray pit. I barked. It bit the shit outa me.
SpecialEd89 is offline   Send a private message to SpecialEd89 Find more posts by SpecialEd89 Add SpecialEd89 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-07-2012, 01:07 AM   #24
Executive Member

Official Member #: 684

Reputation Level: 74
Thundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

First things first.
I would be surprised if your county or city government does not have a leash law.
A leash law obviously is not a guarantee that menacing dogs want get loose, nor does it 100% guarantee a safe stroll through the neighborhood.

This unfortunately means you need to be alert at all times and prepared to defend yourself in the event of an attack.

Forget the food idea. You don't want to attract the dogs.

Pepper spray is okay if it is not too windy and you don't mind getting close to the dog.

Air horns might work. I never tried one.

Guns will do the trick. Just be careful you don't shoot someone else.

Seriously, report the loose dogs to the local authorities. You should not have to defend yourself walking down the street or while riding a golf cart. That's what the law is all about.

On a very serious note I will leave you with a most tragic event that occurred recently in Atlanta. The trial ended today. Maybe you saw it on today's news January 6, 2012. A little girl lost her arm after being attacked by a dog in March 2009.

(This news reel will probably remain up for only a few days.)

Girl, who lost arm in DeKalb dog attack, saddled with nightmares *| ajc.com

Originally quoted by SH@Y86
Every time I think of judge Judy I think of her sitting in a court room with a name plate that reads Thundershott
Thundershott is offline   Send a private message to Thundershott Find more posts by Thundershott Add Thundershott to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-07-2012, 03:26 AM   #25

Official Member #: 3125

Reputation Level: 10
allblackmax607 is an unknown quantity at this point

You have to get in touch with the owners and make sure they dont get out again. If they do, as everyone else has said, get some heat and bust a cap.
allblackmax607 is offline   Send a private message to allblackmax607 Find more posts by allblackmax607 Add allblackmax607 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top