Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Audio, Video & Electronics

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:36 AM   Thread Starter #1
Premier Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 4813

Reputation Level: 13
DizzyinK KustomS will become famous soon enough

Participation Level: 29%
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%
Default Bose Amp????

Hey sorry if this has already been discussed but i searched and couldnt find anything...
I have an after market deck hooked into the stock system.. no problem
changed out subs twice this month.. just trying different ones for best sound
never had an issue until last night i put new subs in connected them and there was a small arc then car made a beeping noise
after i turned the car off and then back on the rear deck stock subs stopped working and all the other speakers are extremely low and theres major engine noise coming through the speakers even with the volume all the way down...
is there a fuse located on the amp? i checked the ones in the fuse compartment in the front of the vehicle... please help thanx
DizzyinK KustomS is offline   Send a private message to DizzyinK KustomS Find more posts by DizzyinK KustomS Add DizzyinK KustomS to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #2
Senior Moderator

Official Member #: 63

Reputation Level: 58
1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

V.I.P Member  

/ Point Value: 15

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

/ Point Value: 5

Official Ride  

Default Re: Bose Amp????

What head unit are you running...I'm going to guess a Pioneer?
Old 04-04-2012, 06:17 PM   Thread Starter #3
Premier Member

Originally Posted by 1hawaii50 View Post
What head unit are you running...I'm going to guess a Pioneer?
yes this thing whole dilemma is a nightmare.... i came to the conclusion that the stock amp is just not working because there is music coming from the speakers just not the way it was before it sounds wierd most of the engine noise is gone its really low.... the pioneer deck keeps dimming and acting wierd... if the deck is fried could that be causing the amp to go into safe mode or something?
DizzyinK KustomS is offline   Send a private message to DizzyinK KustomS Find more posts by DizzyinK KustomS Add DizzyinK KustomS to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-04-2012, 06:21 PM   Thread Starter #4
Premier Member

also i took the bose amp out there are no fuses and ive seen fried amps and i dont think this is it no smell discoloration anything... my car right now is a wreck i feel worse then if i crashed the thing the whole dash is apart theres 3 different sub boxes crammed in there lol im drinking a beer and wondering why im such a re re sometimes
Old 04-04-2012, 09:04 PM   #5
Senior Moderator

1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

V.I.P Member  

Official Ride  

What you are probably wondering now is "How did he know that I have a Pioneer head unit?"

Pioneer head units have a notorious issue...I'm not sure if it affects ALL models or not. I'm also not sure if their newest head units have the issue, but I know as recently as 1.5-2 years ago they did. There is a very tiny fuse INSIDE the head unit called a PICO fuse. If you hot swap the RCAs, typically, you will blow this fuse...this will cause you all kinds of grounding issues. There are some "ghetto" fixes, but the only proper fix is to send the head unit out to have the fuse replaced, or to buy another head unit. The fuse is soldered to the circuit board, and it is EXTREMELY tiny. When I had my Pioneer H/U, I made sure to cut all power to the h/u before touching the RCA's. I don't know whether or not this is your issue, but I'll bet it is.

Google "Pioneer pico fuse issues" and prepare to start reading.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:37 PM   Thread Starter #6
Premier Member

see its things like this that make me wonder why i was not on these forums earlier in my life lol.. i thought google was king.... i was kind of thinking the same thing but wasnt sure.... but now that u may think the same thing im going to agree. i have a pyle, i know not the greatest brand, flip out 7" monitor that some guy sold me for 10 bux brand new but its missing all the wires. i called the company and its 12 for the av unit and 12 for the wires. so 34 dollars i have a brand new 7" flip out hu. so when i get those wires ill install it and see if that solves the issue, thanx alot ill let you know and possibly pick ur brain some more.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:14 PM   Thread Starter #7
Premier Member

ok so i drove an hr and a half to brooklyn.. to the pyle audio company for them to tell me sorry the only piece we had left is broken ... seriously almost lost my cool. anywho got back to town and called a salvage yard and they had a bose amp same model number they said worked fine when i hooked it up nothing.. but when i hook my amp back up again it sounds like just the deck is powering the speakers... i know it could be the pioneer deck but if that fuse was blown wouldnt there be no sound?
Old 04-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #8
Senior Moderator

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

V.I.P Member  

Official Ride  

I don't know anything about Pyle head units...the Pioneer's are the ones with the PICO fuse issue.