Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Audio, Video & Electronics

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 05-14-2014, 01:39 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 15203

Reputation Level: 0
mile_high_max is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Bass Rattle

So the first thing i did to my 6th gen was put my system in the back. I have 2 12" kicker vr comps and a 1000 watt kicker amp. But the rattle i get is worse than any car I've owned. I found the culprits to be the rear break light on the rear deck and the map map lights up front. Any suggestions on how to stop the rattle?
mile_high_max is offline   Send a private message to mile_high_max Find more posts by mile_high_max Add mile_high_max to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-14-2014, 06:18 PM   #2
Senior Moderator
The Capital's 6th Gen

Official Member #: 1765

Reputation Level: 58
officerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

/ Point Value: 10

Supporting Family Member  

Official Ride  

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

/ Point Value: 5

Default Re: Bass Rattle

Remove the 3rd brake light and Dynamat under the carpet deck cover.
officerfrasher is offline   Send a private message to officerfrasher Find more posts by officerfrasher Add officerfrasher to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-18-2014, 12:07 PM   Thread Starter #3

Originally Posted by officerfrasher View Post
Remove the 3rd brake light and Dynamat under the carpet deck cover.
What about the map lights up front? I already fixed the rattle on the rear deck, and thought i fixed the rattle up front but it came back.
mile_high_max is offline   Send a private message to mile_high_max Find more posts by mile_high_max Add mile_high_max to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-18-2014, 07:47 PM   #4
Mile High Maxima

Official Member #: 510

Reputation Level: 33
Apollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Originally Posted by mile_high_max View Post
So the first thing i did to my 6th gen was put my system in the back. I have 2 12" kicker vr comps and a 1000 watt kicker amp. But the rattle i get is worse than any car I've owned. I found the culprits to be the rear break light on the rear deck and the map map lights up front. Any suggestions on how to stop the rattle?
Dang, I bet it does rattle. What is the rest of your system.?

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Apollos2 is offline   Send a private message to Apollos2 Find more posts by Apollos2 Add Apollos2 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-19-2014, 01:19 PM   Thread Starter #5

Originally Posted by Apollos2 View Post
Dang, I bet it does rattle. What is the rest of your system.?
That's it for now. I was gonna put my double din Pioneer in but i don't like the look of after market stereos in our cars so I sold it to a buddy. I want to do front speakers next and i thinking about removing the stock subs on the rear deck to port my bass to the cabin. I think i may be getting rid of one of my subs too and going with just one. I want more trunk space.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:45 PM   #6
Mile High Maxima

Apollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura about

That's it for now. I was gonna put my double din Pioneer in but i don't like the look of after market stereos in our cars so I sold it to a buddy. I want to do front speakers next and i thinking about removing the stock subs on the rear deck to port my bass to the cabin. I think i may be getting rid of one of my subs too and going with just one. I want more trunk space.
Yeah, I removed my stock subs when I had a box, it helped. Then I ended up getting rid of the box too: Infinite Baffle Set Up A couple of guys went this route too.

I had to get rid of the stock HU, it was messing up too much. I didn't go double din though.

Apollos2 is offline   Send a private message to Apollos2 Find more posts by Apollos2 Add Apollos2 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-21-2014, 12:28 PM   Thread Starter #7

Originally Posted by Apollos2 View Post
Yeah, I removed my stock subs when I had a box, it helped. Then I ended up getting rid of the box too: Infinite Baffle Set Up A couple of guys went this route too.

I had to get rid of the stock HU, it was messing up too much. I didn't go double din though.
Hopefully my stock head unit doesnt go south on me then im really gonna regret selling my touch screen. The only complaint about the stock HU is the reception is horrible. But radio here in denver kind of sucks so i usually dont listen to it any way. I need to get my cat problem fixed and then im gonna poor some more money into the system. but seeing as its just sub in a stock system it sounds pretty good Minus that damn rattle of course
Old 05-21-2014, 09:19 PM   #8
Mile High Maxima

Hopefully my stock head unit doesnt go south on me then im really gonna regret selling my touch screen. The only complaint about the stock HU is the reception is horrible. But radio here in denver kind of sucks so i usually dont listen to it any way. I need to get my cat problem fixed and then im gonna poor some more money into the system. but seeing as its just sub in a stock system it sounds pretty good Minus that damn rattle of course
Yeah that would stink, but the typical way that they fail is that the drivers side sound starts cutting out. Watch for that.