Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Audio, Video & Electronics

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:29 AM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 14007

Reputation Level: 0
secanonymous is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default The Axxess ASWC-1 Is An Arsehole

There are tons of posts on this across multiple Nissan forums, and the advice all differs, so I just wanted to say I despise that little satanic black box.

I have a 2005 Maxima w/ Navigation and I have the right plug (behind the old OEM stereo controls) using a Pioneer DEH-80PRS deck (it's all about SQ!) with a wired remote output.

The 3 wires behind that *connector* are Red/White, Bluish and Gray/Red. I tapped into those Red/white and bluish wires with the wires coming out of Satan's box (grey/red and white/green) and cut/grounded the Gray/Red wire on the terminal. Also, I connected the appropriate wires to ACC power and ground, plus the 3.5mm jack is plugged into the back of my Pioneer deck.

I also played around with different combinations of the wiring including tapping the Gray/Red wire instead of cutting and grounding).

In each case after a Devil Box reset, the unit thinks I have a Sony/Dual deck and the Grey/Red wire is not connected (based on counting long/short red and green LED flashes).

The steering wheel volume works (up/down) when I click it individually, but if I hold it down, the deck has a temper tantrum and oscillates between volume up/down with essentially no net effect.

The mode and power buttons do weird things that I can't remember right now and the Track down button lowers the volume and the Track up button tries to prank call my ex-girlfriend through my phone.

I might just go all Office Space on the ASWC and curb-stomp it.

-sec

Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features.
O.G.Nat-tral (10-05-2013)
secanonymous is offline   Send a private message to secanonymous Find more posts by secanonymous Add secanonymous to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 09-30-2013, 10:37 PM   #2
Executive Member

Official Member #: 1924

Reputation Level: 24
Latinmaxima is on a distinguished road

Visit Latinmaxima's Facebook Visit Latinmaxima's PS3 Profile Visit Latinmaxima's YouTube Visit Latinmaxima's Xbox Gamercard
Default Re: The Axxess ASWC-1 Is An Arsehole

I thought that was supposedly the easier install sec?

So says latinmaxima, so it shall be!
Old 10-01-2013, 08:58 AM   Thread Starter #3

Official Member #: 14007

Reputation Level: 0
secanonymous is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I feel like I'm doing something wrong, but not many of us have factory Navigation, so I wonder how much that has to do with it.

Damn box.

Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features.
secanonymous is offline   Send a private message to secanonymous Find more posts by secanonymous Add secanonymous to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-05-2013, 05:59 PM   #4

Official Member #: 5416

Reputation Level: 8
Dagasm is an unknown quantity at this point

I could never get mine working after many separate failed attempts. When I get the time I'm just going to have a shop do it. I really miss my steering wheel controls.

2006 SE
5spd Auto
Dagasm is offline   Send a private message to Dagasm Find more posts by Dagasm Add Dagasm to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #5

Official Member #: 6274

Reputation Level: 8
O.G.Nat-tral is an unknown quantity at this point

Visit O.G.Nat-tral's PS3 Profile Visit O.G.Nat-tral's Twitter Visit O.G.Nat-tral's YouTube

Yea get it done by the pros so you will have less of a headache at the end of the day

Abused VQ
O.G.Nat-tral is offline   Send a private message to O.G.Nat-tral Find more posts by O.G.Nat-tral Add O.G.Nat-tral to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top