Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Suspension, Handling & Brakes

Reply
ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2012, 11:38 PM   Thread Starter #1
MDBThread Starter
Newbie
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
MDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Official Member #: 5308
Last Online: 10-05-2015 12:40 AM
Posts: 35

Reputation Level: 0
MDB is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Suspension Parts Question

I recently made a thread in the New Members section; thank you all for your responses!

I called Fast Brakes and I'm getting those taken care of, but I still need some help with suspension parts I am ordering online. I went my mechanic and he said I only needed front struts, stabilizer links and bushings for the sway bar.

While I understand that I couldn't get anyone to diagnose my car online, I am making a new thread to inquire about replacing more than just what is necessary now so I don't need to do it later.

-Should I just get all four struts for my car [two left and two right] instead of just one each for the front?
-Do all four wheels have the same shock absorber? Should I get four new ones while I am having my car worked on?
-Should I also just go ahead and replace the entire front sway bar? Would the SE-R come with bushings?
-My car is at 80k miles, should I replace the springs too? The mechanic said the springs should last for the life of the car and that they shouldn't break/wear.

I will be ordering most of the parts from Monroe. If anyone has any better suggestions or alternatives I would appreciate all of the advice. Thank you.
MDB is offline   Send a private message to MDB Find more posts by MDB Add MDB to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-15-2012, 11:44 PM   #2
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
EddyMaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Official Member #: 1
Location: Bat-Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 34,307

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%


Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube
Default Re: Suspension Parts Question

Originally Posted by MDB View Post
I recently made a thread in the New Members section; thank you all for your responses!

I called Fast Brakes and I'm getting those taken care of, but I still need some help with suspension parts I am ordering online. I went my mechanic and he said I only needed front struts, stabilizer links and bushings for the sway bar.

While I understand that I couldn't get anyone to diagnose my car online, I am making a new thread to inquire about replacing more than just what is necessary now so I don't need to do it later.

-Should I just get all four struts for my car [two left and two right] instead of just one each for the front?
-Do all four wheels have the same shock absorber? Should I get four new ones while I am having my car worked on?
-Should I also just go ahead and replace the entire front sway bar? Would the SE-R come with bushings?
-My car is at 80k miles, should I replace the springs too? The mechanic said the springs should last for the life of the car and that they shouldn't break/wear.

I will be ordering most of the parts from Monroe. If anyone has any better suggestions or alternatives I would appreciate all of the advice. Thank you.
Monroe is a great option. They have diff. part # for the front and rear. I would replace them all while the car is being worked on.

SE-R does not come with bushing. You have to order them.

You are right on the springs. But I would just get a set of lowering springs while you're at it. Might as well complete the look. You will love it.
__________________
04' Nissan Maxima - [Supercharged w/ HR Swapped Motor & Fully Built Auto Trans]
98' Nissan Maxima - [VQ35DE 6-Speed Supercharged]

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-16-2012, 12:07 AM   #3
Official Sweet Action 6.5gen
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
Nismo4Life07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Official Member #: 117
Last Online: 05-19-2016 03:25 PM
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 11,156

Reputation Level: 66
Nismo4Life07 is a jewel in the roughNismo4Life07 is a jewel in the roughNismo4Life07 is a jewel in the roughNismo4Life07 is a jewel in the rough

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

My Awards:
Official Ride  


/ Point Value: 10

Supporting Family Member  


/ Point Value: 10

Honorable Ride  


/ Point Value: 5

Active Member  


/ Point Value: 5

Honorable Ride  


/ Point Value: 5

Visit Nismo4Life07's Facebook Visit Nismo4Life07's PS3 Profile Visit Nismo4Life07's YouTube
Default Re: Suspension Parts Question

^^^ THIS. do it!
__________________
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Nismo4Life07 is offline   Send a private message to Nismo4Life07 Find more posts by Nismo4Life07 Add Nismo4Life07 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-16-2012, 12:14 AM   Thread Starter #4
MDBThread Starter
Newbie
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
MDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Official Member #: 5308
Last Online: 10-05-2015 12:40 AM
Posts: 35

Reputation Level: 0
MDB is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Re: Suspension Parts Question

Originally Posted by EddyMaxx View Post
I would replace them all while the car is being worked on...Might as well complete the look...
So:
Two Left Struts
Two Right Struts
Four Shocks
Bushings and Stabilizer Links for the front: where is it recommended I get these?
Eibach Lowering Springs

it is then? Already getting four slotted/drilled rotor sets with Hawk Pads...this is going to take a bite out of my wallet.
MDB is offline   Send a private message to MDB Find more posts by MDB Add MDB to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-16-2012, 01:09 PM   #5
Moderator
Burnt Orange
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
BurntOrangeAppeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Official Member #: 2887
Last Online: 12-04-2014 04:56 PM
Location: Under the Bridge
Posts: 2,816

Reputation Level: 33
BurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Re: Suspension Parts Question

Originally Posted by MDB View Post
So:
Two Left Struts
Two Right Struts
Four Shocks
Bushings and Stabilizer Links for the front: where is it recommended I get these?
Eibach Lowering Springs

it is then? Already getting four slotted/drilled rotor sets with Hawk Pads...this is going to take a bite out of my wallet.
1 left front strut & strut mount
1 right front strut & strut mount
2 rear shocks
2 sway bar brushing
2 sway bar end links


Via Tapatalk 2
__________________
'04 SE 6MT, Elite.
'01 SE Anniversary.
'97 GXE.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
-=My Build Tread=-
BurntOrangeAppeal is offline   Send a private message to BurntOrangeAppeal Find more posts by BurntOrangeAppeal Add BurntOrangeAppeal to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #6
Premier Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
NiZMo1o1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Official Member #: 211
Last Online: 10-20-2016 11:20 AM
Location: Wade County ! down in Sunny Florida
Posts: 5,222

Reputation Level: 42
NiZMo1o1 has a spectacular aura aboutNiZMo1o1 has a spectacular aura aboutNiZMo1o1 has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  


/ Point Value: 10

Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  


/ Point Value: 10

Default Re: Suspension Parts Question

Originally Posted by MDB View Post
So:
Two Left Struts
Two Right Struts
Four Shocks
Bushings and Stabilizer Links for the front: where is it recommended I get these?
Eibach Lowering Springs

it is then? Already getting four slotted/drilled rotor sets with Hawk Pads...this is going to take a bite out of my wallet.


You can search Racingline for end-links/ bushings,

the SE-R FSB is a good upgrade or the NISMO package for the SE-R
__________________
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
R.I.P. Kevin007www.EmeraldPerformance.com
NiZMo1o1 is offline   Send a private message to NiZMo1o1 Find more posts by NiZMo1o1 Add NiZMo1o1 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 Members And 1 Guests)
 
Thread Tools


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:50 AM.