Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Suspension, Handling & Brakes

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:40 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1733

Reputation Level: 0
MiamiMax05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
Default Rear Tire Wear And Ride Quality

Hey Guys! Im back and need a little assistance with my issues.

First of all, I need to fix the problem with my rear tires wearing out waaaaay too fast. Alan, you had pointed me in the right direction but I was not able to do anything at the time. Now I can and want to get this resolved asap. The inside of my rear tires kept wasting away. I cant remember what you told me to get to fix this.

Problem number 2 is that my car feels like crap. Lots of tire noise(could be worn rear tires)and just not smooth like it used to be. Beside the Progress springs, everything is stock. Need to do some suspension upgrades.

I am on 20's with Progress springs. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
MiamiMax05 is offline   Send a private message to MiamiMax05 Find more posts by MiamiMax05 Add MiamiMax05 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-09-2011, 12:46 PM   #2
The Go To Guy

Official Member #: 59

Reputation Level: 27
Mr DoLLa has a spectacular aura aboutMr DoLLa has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Awards:
Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

/ Point Value: 10

Banner of The Month  

Default Re: Rear Tire Wear And Ride Quality

Wheel alignment has been done?
Old 02-09-2011, 12:50 PM   Thread Starter #3

Yes and when I get it aligned, the guy says that i need something in the back to allow the tire to properly align. That is the something I am trying to find.
MiamiMax05 is offline   Send a private message to MiamiMax05 Find more posts by MiamiMax05 Add MiamiMax05 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-09-2011, 02:09 PM   #4
Premier Member

Official Member #: 89

Reputation Level: 44
DAlastDON is a jewel in the roughDAlastDON is a jewel in the roughDAlastDON is a jewel in the roughDAlastDON is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:

Banner of The Month  

I recall somewhere, possibly on the other org, that the 03+ rear camber kits fit.

Inside Peanutbutter Outside Jelly
DAlastDON is offline   Send a private message to DAlastDON Find more posts by DAlastDON Add DAlastDON to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-09-2011, 04:06 PM   #5

Official Member #: 539

Reputation Level: 10
kidd4l is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm copying this from another thread

http://www.ichibausa.com/ic35g35caarm1.html

I have this installed on my car. My rear tires had always worn out unevenly. I have had this on for about 7-8 months now and the tires are looking good. Some cars might not need it, I think it depends on the wheels that you have and how they sit. I have Progress springs and KYB shocks with 20x9.5 rear wheels. So far it's a good investment for me. I bought mine used from someone in the other org.

Read more: 350z Camber Arms Will Fit a 6thgen
kidd4l is offline   Send a private message to kidd4l Find more posts by kidd4l Add kidd4l to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-09-2011, 04:42 PM   Thread Starter #6

Awesome. Just what I was looking for. I think im going to also change my springs and try the Eibach's. My rear springs make a horrible noise when going over speed bumps. If im not mistaken, some rubber or stopper is missing from both of the rear springs.

Also want to change out the struts and shocks. Any suggestions from members that already have their cars dropped would be great.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:54 PM   Thread Starter #7

Ok so far im going to order the following probably Friday when Uncle Sam gives me my money.

Camber arms rear
KYB GR-2

Debating the Eibach springs cause I keep hearing they are really stiff. I can always order a new set of Progress springs which worked out for me beside the damn squeeky noise they make.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:49 PM   #8
Senior Moderator

Official Member #: 63

Reputation Level: 58
1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

V.I.P Member  

/ Point Value: 15

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

/ Point Value: 5

/ Point Value: 5

Official Ride  

Going from Progress to Eibach is only going to make your wallet lighter. If you're missing the spring isolators for the rear springs, then buy a set of isolators. I have the GR-2's, and they work just fine.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:09 PM   #9
Premier Member

Official Member #: 211

Reputation Level: 42
NiZMo1o1 has a spectacular aura aboutNiZMo1o1 has a spectacular aura aboutNiZMo1o1 has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Hey I reply to your welcome thread,

but yes you need the 350z rear camber arms from 03-05 BUT make sure you get the ones with the camber BOLTS , very important.

as for after struts, KYB gr2 is decent , I remember you had a system and your kid rides in the rear seat,

Since last spoken Ive manage to do a custom setup with KYB AGX adjustable for the rear of the car
NiZMo1o1 is offline   Send a private message to NiZMo1o1 Find more posts by NiZMo1o1 Add NiZMo1o1 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-09-2011, 07:30 PM   Thread Starter #10

Are the ones that Kidd linked up top the right ones I need?

Yea I have a system and my daughter rides in the back but I'm not trying to spend too much. I see lots of great feedback on the Gr2. I just want to correct the tire wear and upgrade my suspension.

Where can I find these isolators? Progress?
Old 02-09-2011, 10:44 PM   #11
Premier Member

Official Member #: 211

Reputation Level: 42
NiZMo1o1 has a spectacular aura aboutNiZMo1o1 has a spectacular aura aboutNiZMo1o1 has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

^^ yeah those are the camber arms you need,

I would get those , install them and maybe get the rubber isolators at Advance auto.

jack the car up and wedge them between the spring, it should help out and the most I see you spending

$100-130 camber arm
$10 isolators.

and just some elbow grease
NiZMo1o1 is offline   Send a private message to NiZMo1o1 Find more posts by NiZMo1o1 Add NiZMo1o1 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-09-2011, 10:53 PM   #12
I Am Just A Man

Official Member #: 175

Reputation Level: 20
Deadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the rough

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Originally Posted by MiamiMax05 View Post
Yes and when I get it aligned, the guy says that i need something in the back to allow the tire to properly align. That is the something I am trying to find.
I'm sorry, but your tire dude is an idiot. I'm dropped on coilovers with 30 series tires and my fender is a hairline above the top of my tire in the back and never had tire issues. I've had my tires for almost a year sand they still look new.. no uneven wear or weird bald spots. I'd take it somewhere else to get a proper alignment.

Currently Own: 2004 Silver 6th Gen / 2009 White 7th Gen / 2011 Black 7th Gen

Disclaimer: By being a member of my4th/5th/6th/7thgen.org, you acknowledge and agree that if no pics are posted within 24 hours of any installed modification, you can, and will, be automaticly BANNED for 48 hours.
Deadbolt is offline   Send a private message to Deadbolt Find more posts by Deadbolt Add Deadbolt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-10-2011, 11:45 AM   Thread Starter #13

Cool. Im going to do the camber arms, isolators, and GR2, tires and brakes to get this party started. Its been a while since I put some money into her, so im excited about doing so again. Cant wait to paint her up later this year.

I wouldnt doubt it that he isnt a rocket scientist, but this is the alignment dude at Nissan. I would like to think he has some kinda knowledge on aligments. I go through the 2 back tires at least once a year, maybe twice. The front ones dont wear at all. Going to give these camber arms a try. Hopefully this will resolve my problem.