Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Suspension, Handling & Brakes

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 06-30-2013, 12:21 PM   Thread Starter #1
MDBThread Starter
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 5308

Reputation Level: 0
MDB is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Racingline Performance Traction Rod Kit

Has anyone here installed the Traction Rod Kit from Racingline for road use? I am asking because I was going to get the FSTB (which I should have ordered a LONG time ago) and I also saw these for sale:

2004-2008 Nissan Maxima Traction Rods

The only reviews I have really been able to find that go into detail are about track use. If I use my car on streets alone, are these worth it? Any personal recommendations or experience would be great.

Edit: Forgot to ask one last thing: is the $20.00 USD steel upgrade worth it? And, what color is the steel and what color is the chromoly? I am assuming the black isn't the upgraded kit, but I am asking to make sure.

Last edited by MDB; 06-30-2013 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Forgot to ask one last thing.
MDB is offline   Send a private message to MDB Find more posts by MDB Add MDB to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 06-30-2013, 08:44 PM   #2
Official Member

Official Member #: 7303

Reputation Level: 12
ShawnD will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Racingline Performance Traction Rod Kit

Originally Posted by MDB View Post
Has anyone here installed the Traction Rod Kit from Racingline for road use? I am asking because I was going to get the FSTB (which I should have ordered a LONG time ago) and I also saw these for sale:

2004-2008 Nissan Maxima Traction Rods

The only reviews I have really been able to find that go into detail are about track use. If I use my car on streets alone, are these worth it? Any personal recommendations or experience would be great.

Edit: Forgot to ask one last thing: is the $20.00 USD steel upgrade worth it? And, what color is the steel and what color is the chromoly? I am assuming the black isn't the upgraded kit, but I am asking to make sure.
It all depends on how you drive personally if it will help you in normal driving. They try to correct torque steer and wheel hop from heavy acceleration so if you drive like a bat out of hell, it'll help. If you drive cautiously I don't think it'd be that big of an upgrade. I have been thinking about getting them but I'd rather get springs first lol As for the stainless, I have no idea if its worth it. If its pure stainless it should be strong and durable as hell but chromoly is used in race car roll cages I think so it should also be strong.
ShawnD is offline   Send a private message to ShawnD Find more posts by ShawnD Add ShawnD to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #3
Official Member

Official Member #: 1409

Reputation Level: 9
Lcpl Woody is an unknown quantity at this point

I installed them on my 06 Max (Progress springs, Racingline FSTB) and I noticed a significant difference on straight line take off but more so noticed it under hard braking. The car no longer shimmy stops it just tucks and stops. For a hundred dollar mod I say worth it.
Lcpl Woody is offline   Send a private message to Lcpl Woody Find more posts by Lcpl Woody Add Lcpl Woody to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-07-2013, 11:28 PM   #4

Official Member #: 6540

Reputation Level: 8
incubus0111 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you sir..

Posted Via Tapatalk 2
incubus0111 is offline   Send a private message to incubus0111 Find more posts by incubus0111 Add incubus0111 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-08-2013, 09:15 AM   #5
Reputable Member

Official Member #: 6257

Reputation Level: 11
sprocketser is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lcpl Woody View Post
I installed them on my 06 Max (Progress springs, Racingline FSTB) and I noticed a significant difference on straight line take off but more so noticed it under hard braking. The car no longer shimmy stops it just tucks and stops. For a hundred dollar mod I say worth it.
So definitively good thing to do , thanx for sharing mate .
Newest ride , 05 Smoke Met M/T SER Altima,NismoCAI/CatBack , Dynomax Resonator OBX Headers , RacingLine FSTB& BTD tbi, RedLionRacing Shifter Bushings tbi , EBC RedStuff Pads/ 06 350Z Base Rear Brakes/EBC Rotors , H&R springs & Triple C Camber Bolts tbi , RP MaxATF psf , Motul Brake fluids & clutch fluids , LiquiMoly Motor oil/Wix Filter , Pennzoil Synth Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+ ,
sprocketser is offline   Send a private message to sprocketser Find more posts by sprocketser Add sprocketser to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top