Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Suspension, Handling & Brakes

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 09-13-2014, 07:00 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 15216

Reputation Level: 0
Jhall is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Not another abs thread!!!!! Yes. Yes it is.

Hello all, I drive a 2006 maxima SE with 113,000 miles. I have the dreading abs tcs brake lights lit up on my dash. I performed the tsb, replaced with rear wheel bearings, and the cleaned the abs sensors but to no avail. Sometimes infer lucky and the lights never come on but most of the time they do.

When I first start up in the morning obviously no lights. I put the car into drive and pull away. It seems as soon as my wheels make one revolution my lights turn on, and I hear a humming noise for 2-3 seconds and then the noise is gone.

Any ideas why the humming stops? From what I have read about the issue people usually get the noise under regular braking and when the turn their car off. Any input is appreciated.
Jhall is offline   Send a private message to Jhall Find more posts by Jhall Add Jhall to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 09-22-2014, 04:05 PM   #2
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 6274

Reputation Level: 8
O.G.Nat-tral is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Visit O.G.Nat-tral's PS3 Profile Visit O.G.Nat-tral's Twitter Visit O.G.Nat-tral's YouTube
Default Re: Not another abs thread!!!!! Yes. Yes it is.

The humming going off is the pump powering off or dying out.. Hope this helps..

Abused VQ
O.G.Nat-tral is offline   Send a private message to O.G.Nat-tral Find more posts by O.G.Nat-tral Add O.G.Nat-tral to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top