Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Suspension, Handling & Brakes

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:08 PM   Thread Starter #1
Mile High Maxima
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 510

Reputation Level: 34
Apollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%
Default New Brakes And Rotor Time Again.

Wow that came around pretty quick it seems. Time for pads and rotors for the front. Big O told me my rotors are out of spec by 1/1000th or something like that. I actually find that kind of hard to believe.

I'm still going to with Rotorpros Drilled and slotted. I got them back from the old 6thgenmaxima site along with the stainless steel braided brake lines.

The rotors looked good the whole time, never rusted chipped cracked or anything and I literally had zero brake dust from the pads.

Old pics, you can see exactly the date they were installed. I've since had my calipers painted black, I'll probably add the Nissan emblem to them soon. I'll post up fresh pics once I get the new rotors in on Friday.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Apollos2; 07-21-2011 at 10:06 AM.
Apollos2 is offline   Send a private message to Apollos2 Find more posts by Apollos2 Add Apollos2 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2011, 02:17 PM   #2
Official Member

Official Member #: 51

Reputation Level: 10
TaNg101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Awards:
Banner of The Month  

/ Point Value: 10

Default Re: New brakes and rotor time again.

I would replace the SS lines while your at it just to make sure they are good. should look into the alien rotors group deal. got those rotors and ive been happy with them. The pads with the deal are a little dusty but nothing crazy. good luck.
TaNg101 is offline   Send a private message to TaNg101 Find more posts by TaNg101 Add TaNg101 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2011, 05:29 PM   #3
Premier Member

Official Member #: 89

Reputation Level: 44
DAlastDON is a jewel in the roughDAlastDON is a jewel in the roughDAlastDON is a jewel in the roughDAlastDON is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:
Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

Banner of The Month  

Default Re: New Brakes and Rotor Time Again.

I almost went with the rotor pros when i did my brakes last year. Ended up with EBC slotted and drilled rotors and EBC red stuff pads after peeps started posting that the rotor pros were cracking. The EBC's dusted bad for the first 5k miles and barely dust now. This setup bites hard when they get warmed up. They have withstood several high speed braking situations with no warping of the rotors. As far as how they perform in cold weather, two words, they suck. Their fine after they get warmed up a bit though.

Inside Peanutbutter Outside Jelly
DAlastDON is offline   Send a private message to DAlastDON Find more posts by DAlastDON Add DAlastDON to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2011, 06:18 PM   Thread Starter #4
Mile High Maxima

Apollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura about

Hmmm, I didn't do any EBC. I drive winter here in Colorado all the time. I never noticed any difference between hot or cold weather braking. Now that my pads are down close to the metal, if I wash the car, right after I am done the stopping isn't good until after the first or second stop.

Apollos2 is offline   Send a private message to Apollos2 Find more posts by Apollos2 Add Apollos2 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-14-2011, 01:44 AM   #5
Premier Member

Official Member #: 89

Reputation Level: 44
DAlastDON is a jewel in the roughDAlastDON is a jewel in the roughDAlastDON is a jewel in the roughDAlastDON is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:
Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

Banner of The Month  

It doesn't take them long to warm up from a 35mph stop. When they warm up and bite on a snow covered road the first few times it will make your asshole pucker till you get used to them. When the ABS kicks in suddenly, just let off the brakes enough to unlock the wheels then get back on the brakes. I had better than stock stopping ability with a decent all season tire in the snow. Just had to brake differently.

Inside Peanutbutter Outside Jelly
DAlastDON is offline   Send a private message to DAlastDON Find more posts by DAlastDON Add DAlastDON to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-14-2011, 04:50 PM   Thread Starter #6
Mile High Maxima

Looks like they had a little hiccup, but excellent customer service comes through.

QUOTE: "Michael for some reason the coating guys custom colored your rotors.. They are aluminum silver.. Would you like these or do you want us to make another set?? We can also coat them black, red, etc for FREE.. Let us know ASAP so we can get them out tomorrow"

So they custom color coated them Aluminum Silver? Will it look any different than before? I doubt it.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:59 PM   #7
Mile High City 6th Gen

Official Member #: 483

Reputation Level: 15
vitec115 is on a distinguished road

Visit vitec115's PS3 Profile Visit vitec115's Xbox Gamercard

Thats cool,they are taking care of this problem...
Old 07-20-2011, 12:54 AM   Thread Starter #8
Mile High Maxima

Originally Posted by Apollos2 View Post
Looks like they had a little hiccup....they custom color coated them Aluminum Silver? Will it look any different than before? I doubt it.
So here they be: and it looks like the color coated silver won't matter.

Bonus pic: Home of the future car port!

GONNA BE BEEFY!