Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Suspension, Handling & Brakes

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 02-12-2014, 12:53 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 14097

Reputation Level: 0
itsorange is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Lowered, Axle Issues

im pretty low , ive been looking at autozone axles for my 6 m/t because they sell them new / reman. with lifetime warranty and they come with vibration dampers n it is needed ,unlike most aftermarket axles, i know some of you all are using these axles in your lowered car , are u using new or reman how long have they held up do u get vibration , have they snapped boots busted etc , im thinking of picking up 2 axles today , i also understand that some reman parts are actually better than new because some new axles are poorly made from china n some reman. axles are better quality because they are rebuilt in the usa. would like all feed back from lowered guys . love u all man thanks lol
Old 02-12-2014, 01:02 PM   #2
Official Member

Official Member #: 11397

Reputation Level: 6
KobyG04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: lowered , axle issues

I have been riding on a autozone new axle for 2 weeks now, im lowered as well and have no complaints. Took the car past 100mph and nothing was vibrating or falling off behind me so I would buy another one again
KobyG04 is offline   Send a private message to KobyG04 Find more posts by KobyG04 Add KobyG04 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-12-2014, 01:49 PM   Thread Starter #3

Official Member #: 14097

Reputation Level: 0
itsorange is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KobyG04 View Post
I have been riding on a autozone new axle for 2 weeks now, im lowered as well and have no complaints. Took the car past 100mph and nothing was vibrating or falling off behind me so I would buy another one again
how low are u , im sitting right ontop the tires no wheel gaps at all, ive herd decent things about the az axles
Old 02-12-2014, 08:08 PM   #4
Official Member

Official Member #: 11397

Reputation Level: 6
KobyG04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by itsorange View Post
how low are u , im sitting right ontop the tires no wheel gaps at all, ive herd decent things about the az axles
About a two finger gap between the wheels and fender
KobyG04 is offline   Send a private message to KobyG04 Find more posts by KobyG04 Add KobyG04 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-12-2014, 10:12 PM   #5
I Am Just A Man

Official Member #: 175

Reputation Level: 20
Deadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the rough

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

You should try to check out rockauto.com. They're cheap and I've used the Cardone brand and no issues. Used it on all my cars and haven't had any problems, aside from being slammed and replaced 5 sets of axles so far on one car alone

Currently Own: 2004 Silver 6th Gen / 2009 White 7th Gen / 2011 Black 7th Gen

Disclaimer: By being a member of my4th/5th/6th/7thgen.org, you acknowledge and agree that if no pics are posted within 24 hours of any installed modification, you can, and will, be automaticly BANNED for 48 hours.
Deadbolt is offline   Send a private message to Deadbolt Find more posts by Deadbolt Add Deadbolt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-16-2014, 04:55 AM   #6
Official Member

Official Member #: 1646

Reputation Level: 11
emilbadal is on a distinguished road

Hey guys I changed my passenger axle today and it was the new Autozone axle...I also changed my brake pads...and after that the vibration and shimmy is gone(my case of vibration was starting from 25 to 55 and it would get worse as the car ran for extended period(something that I realized recently was that while driving in canyons while turning left there was no vibration but when turning right it would get worse than going straight ...I don't know how long will these autozone axles hold....but hopefully it's gonna last 1-2 years...and for 60 bucks with lifetime warranty I don't think anything can beat that.
Latinmaxima (02-16-2014)
emilbadal is offline   Send a private message to emilbadal Find more posts by emilbadal Add emilbadal to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-16-2014, 02:29 PM   #7
Executive Member

Official Member #: 1924

Reputation Level: 24
Latinmaxima is on a distinguished road

Visit Latinmaxima's Facebook Visit Latinmaxima's PS3 Profile Visit Latinmaxima's YouTube Visit Latinmaxima's Xbox Gamercard

I did the same thing. I haven't had any issues for two years. Both have been replaced and i used autozone. Lowered on tein springs

Posted Via Tapatalk
emilbadal (02-16-2014), KobyG04 (02-16-2014)
Latinmaxima is offline   Send a private message to Latinmaxima Find more posts by Latinmaxima Add Latinmaxima to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-16-2014, 03:39 PM   #8
Official Member

I'm lowered on Eibach
emilbadal is offline   Send a private message to emilbadal Find more posts by emilbadal Add emilbadal to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2014, 04:54 AM   #9
Official Member

Default Re: Lowered, Axle Issues

Woops,....the vibration is back and it's getting worse
makes me thinking about going back to stock
Old 08-16-2014, 04:55 AM   #10
Official Member

Woops,....the vibration is back and it's getting worse
makes me thinking about going back to stock
Old 09-06-2014, 01:17 AM   #11
Official Member

OK guys...This is the absolute solution to the vibration....If you don't want any vibrations....take it back to STOCK springs.....If you want the looks then you will have to tolerate:
1-Clunking noises over bumps
2- Vibrations from your axles between 25-55 while accelerating
3-Axle boots keep tearing up(happens to some but doesn't for other for some reason)

I could not tolerate them anymore, so I went back, and guess what, the second I swapped the lowering springs with the stock ones, with even worn out strut mount bearings and no alignments, I got rid of vibrations and clunking noises. Yessss....Now I don't feel like I'm riding a fricking 1800s horse carriage.
Honest to God, I was selling the car just because of the vibrations...Now I might keep it longer...at least until the transmission gives up
Old 09-08-2014, 09:14 PM   #12
Premier Member

Official Member #: 2470

Reputation Level: 10
silvermax06 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have none of those issues. Lowered on teins running 20x8.5 wheels. Have a slight shimmy at highway speeds but nothing bad. That's the price you pay for modding your giving up the comfort...... I could never go back to my 4x4 max.....
silvermax06 is offline   Send a private message to silvermax06 Find more posts by silvermax06 Add silvermax06 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top