Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Suspension, Handling & Brakes

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:02 PM   Thread Starter #1
Official Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 4532

Reputation Level: 8
kobejunior is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Help

Hey everyone

So here my dilemma the front struts on my 07 Nissan Maxima SE are blown looking to replace them here the thing I have heard that kyb are a direct replacement to the stock struts while the Monroe's are similar to the SL maxima's struts . I have also heard that the kyb are stiffer then the stock struts.
For me it wouldn't really matter I would rather go with stiffer suspension but since my FiancÚ is now driving the car and she's 8 months pregnant meaning in a month or so their is gonna be baby in the car so I wanted to go with something smooth but not to the point where I'm gonna loose handling meaning I do not want to down grade from my stock suspension in handling but I want to improve it with out their being a major difference in stiffness . Am I asking for to much ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kobejunior is offline   Send a private message to kobejunior Find more posts by kobejunior Add kobejunior to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-19-2013, 07:58 PM   #2
Official Member

Official Member #: 14402

Reputation Level: 6
Terrentius is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Help

You're fine with either. I would say just go with whatever is the cheapest since you have a child on the way.
Terrentius is offline   Send a private message to Terrentius Find more posts by Terrentius Add Terrentius to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-20-2013, 02:06 AM   Thread Starter #3
Official Member

well i pulled the trigger on the kyb's
kobejunior is offline   Send a private message to kobejunior Find more posts by kobejunior Add kobejunior to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-20-2013, 03:31 AM   #4
Official Member

Official Member #: 6390

Reputation Level: 7
Mike2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kobejunior View Post
well i pulled the trigger on the kyb's
I love my KYBs. Just remember to buy a paint marker to mark the position of everything that mounts the top. Starting with the metal top of the tower before you unbolt anything. Once you have it out mark each piece in line with the mounting flange. I missed this step on my drivers side and it makes noises. Not real bad, just squishy rubber sounds, like twisting a balloon.

Also, if its the same as the 05, the brake line bracket on the strut body is kinda funny. The clip pulls out and it looks like the hose fitting should pop right out but it doesn't; you just push the hose fitting toward the inside of the car until the skinny part of the hose can slip through the bracket slot.

And be careful with the ABS line.

The hardware should all be reusable but I wish I had bought the rubber ring for the lower spring perch. Mine was trashed.

Sometimes you just have to go faster than the other guy
Mike2005 is offline   Send a private message to Mike2005 Find more posts by Mike2005 Add Mike2005 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-21-2013, 03:24 PM   Thread Starter #5
Official Member

Well the tracking number says they will be arriving today ! I'll install them this weekend . I will update my build page .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk