Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Suspension, Handling & Brakes

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:44 AM   Thread Starter #1
Official Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1245

Reputation Level: 9
sonicview is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Front OEM and back KYB struts

Did anyone every tried front OEM struts and back KYB/MONROE?
I just ordered the front struts, after too much thinking i decided to go with the OEM, costed around 500$ for front, back suspensions are good, but thinking to change it too, they will cost around 400$, so thought to go the cheaper route, did anyone used KYB/MONROE on back, i am looking for the comfortable ride, not stiff, that is the only reason i went for OEM in front.
sonicview is offline   Send a private message to sonicview Find more posts by sonicview Add sonicview to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-06-2016, 06:22 PM   #2

Official Member #: 6540

Reputation Level: 8
incubus0111 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Front OEM and back KYB struts

This is funny. The monroe would have given you the comfy ride you are looking for at way less then $500. Dam that's alot.

As for your question google is your friend. I know there is something to having different damper rates but i am not for sure on it. Drift car setup comes to mind.

Tapping the screen to talk.....
incubus0111 is offline   Send a private message to incubus0111 Find more posts by incubus0111 Add incubus0111 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-08-2016, 09:02 PM   #3
Official Member

Official Member #: 2874

Reputation Level: 8
trilla_one is an unknown quantity at this point

If I was older the KYB would DEF be too stiff....but for now they're perfect for the 6spd

"Every generation has to take its place in battling in the struggle for equality"

-Dr. Harry Thomas
trilla_one is offline   Send a private message to trilla_one Find more posts by trilla_one Add trilla_one to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-10-2016, 12:17 AM   #4

Official Member #: 15756

Reputation Level: 5
mynameissean123 is an unknown quantity at this point

have you tried doin any cocaine? or meth?
mynameissean123 is offline   Send a private message to mynameissean123 Find more posts by mynameissean123 Add mynameissean123 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-10-2016, 11:30 AM   #5

Official Member #: 17534

Reputation Level: 0
Rocinante is an unknown quantity at this point

I replaced all 4 corners with Monroe OE Spectrums. Having bought the car second hand, I don't know how they compare to the original ride quality. I have no issues with the ride, but my service advisor at the local dealership told me that he thinks Monroe parts are junk.

Had I known that KYB was the original supplier for my Maxima, I would have gone with KYBs. I'll go with them for any future suspension needs.

Glad your happy with your choice to go OEM on the front struts. As with most OEM parts, you'll pay more but get additional peace of mind knowing that your part will fit and perform as originally intended.
Rocinante is offline   Send a private message to Rocinante Find more posts by Rocinante Add Rocinante to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top