Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Suspension, Handling & Brakes

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:49 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 8448

Reputation Level: 0
CLNSHVNnDRAGGN is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Finally Lowered Need Help

So after a year of my Megan springs sitting around I finally put them in yesterday but now I have a problem. They dropped the car much more than I expected which didn't bother me until I went for an alignment today and was told they couldn't do anything (but still charged me). The springs ended up dropping me about 2.5" in the front and 2.25" in the rear. What do I need to buy now to get my alignment taken care of? I've been searching but see some people sayings I need rear camber arms, some say rear camber bolts, some say rear camber and toe bolts so I'm lost. I haven't really seen anything about the front but the alignment shop said I need something for that too. I'm more concerned with tire wear than handling since I dropped it for looks anyway and I'm looking for the cheapest solution to my problem because money is tight right now.

Here's a pic of how it sits now.
Click the image to open in full size.
CLNSHVNnDRAGGN is offline   Send a private message to CLNSHVNnDRAGGN Find more posts by CLNSHVNnDRAGGN Add CLNSHVNnDRAGGN to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-21-2014, 07:06 PM   #2
Official Member

Official Member #: 11397

Reputation Level: 6
KobyG04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Finally Lowered Need Help

did they give you a print out of their measurements? your car looks to be sitting about the same as mine (back end may be a little lower) and my camber is only like -0.1 degrees from the limit.
KobyG04 is offline   Send a private message to KobyG04 Find more posts by KobyG04 Add KobyG04 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-21-2014, 11:41 PM   Thread Starter #3

No they didn't give me anything. I wish I would have talked to the tech before leaving the car there because when I came back they already had it on the rack and the guy came out and said he didn't think he could do anything with it but would go check it out and let me know. He claimed he couldn't get an accurate reading on anything because the car is too low. I don't think he knew what he was doing to be honest. That was at Firestone but I'm in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin so I'm not surprised. I did find a dealership near me that said they can do it but the tech there said I should make sure I have anything more I need (camber kit, etc) before coming so they can get it done in one shot which is why I'm checking here. My daughter has been in and out of the hospital for the last 6 weeks and the insurance deductibles have killed me so I really can't afford to do this more than once right now which is why I would rather buy anything more I need now and then get the alignment done once.
CLNSHVNnDRAGGN is offline   Send a private message to CLNSHVNnDRAGGN Find more posts by CLNSHVNnDRAGGN Add CLNSHVNnDRAGGN to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-22-2014, 12:25 AM   #4
Official Member

Official Member #: 11397

Reputation Level: 6
KobyG04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Firestone did mine as well but I talked to them before and explained I had just lowered it and that if they couldn't get it into spec to just get it as close as possible. If worse comes to worse get the camber the closest you can yourself till you can save some money, wont be the greatest for your tires but as longs as its not that way for to long you should be fine. Kids these days run stupid amount camber so a degree or so isnt going to be the worst but I wouldnt leave it either.
KobyG04 is offline   Send a private message to KobyG04 Find more posts by KobyG04 Add KobyG04 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-22-2014, 01:10 AM   #5
Official Sweet Action 6.5gen

Official Member #: 117

Reputation Level: 66
Nismo4Life07 is a jewel in the roughNismo4Life07 is a jewel in the roughNismo4Life07 is a jewel in the roughNismo4Life07 is a jewel in the rough

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

My Awards:
Official Ride  

/ Point Value: 10

Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

Honorable Ride  

/ Point Value: 5

Honorable Ride  

Visit Nismo4Life07's Facebook Visit Nismo4Life07's PS3 Profile Visit Nismo4Life07's YouTube

you can get the rear camber arms to straighten out your camber problem. you most likely wont safely be able to go to perfect alignment. with stock tire size and the height the car is now, ya have to make sure if you hit a bump your tire isnt gonna get slashed by the fender.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:30 AM   Thread Starter #6

I actually run 20's with a 225/30 but took them off until I get it aligned so I don't mess up the tires. I should have plenty of room with them to clear the fenders and may roll the fenders just to be sure.

So what's the general consensus on which camber arms are best to go with? Most of what I am seeing is for the Ichiba's but some say they are the best to get and others say stay away because they are prone to snapping. I found some on eBay for $128 shipped but am now questioning whether or not I should go with them.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:16 PM   #7
Executive Member

Official Member #: 1924

Reputation Level: 24
Latinmaxima is on a distinguished road

Visit Latinmaxima's Facebook Visit Latinmaxima's PS3 Profile Visit Latinmaxima's YouTube Visit Latinmaxima's Xbox Gamercard

I have the ichibas and have had no issues. I drive spiritedly so they are tested and true.

Posted Via Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2014, 09:47 PM   #8

Official Member #: 15215

Deerico313 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im lowered on TEIN SS coil overs, Racingline Endlinks, Front and rear anti sway bars, granted my coil overs are adjustable I have never been told that my car couldn't be aligned. I have the lifetime alignment with Firestone ($160ish) and i use it every few months. No problems.
Deerico313 is offline   Send a private message to Deerico313 Find more posts by Deerico313 Add Deerico313 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-22-2014, 10:33 PM   Thread Starter #9

I ordered the Ichiba's tonight. $128 shipped and should have them next week. Hopefully that is all I will need so I can get the alignment done and start driving it again. Thanks to everyone who responded.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:39 PM   #10
Reputable Member

Official Member #: 1598

Reputation Level: 21
smittybizzle will become famous soon enough

It should fix the issue. You might need front camber bolts also but I'm not 100% sure.
smittybizzle is offline   Send a private message to smittybizzle Find more posts by smittybizzle Add smittybizzle to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top