Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Suspension, Handling & Brakes

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:30 PM   Thread Starter #1
Official Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1646

Reputation Level: 11
emilbadal is on a distinguished road

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Eibach and KYB....Bad Combo

Hey guys,

About 4-5 months ago I decided to consider my struts worn and swap them with an alternative brand new choice. I was running on Eibachs and here and there I read a couple of reviews and comments saying that Eibachs and KYB don't go well together, and on the other hand there were equally amount of compliments with for same combo by others. I decided to buy the KYBs since they were cheaper than monroes and boy I regret it every penny I spent on them KYBs.First couple of months they were almost identical in ride quality to my old stock ones. But after that these bastards got stiffer every frikin day...Today I tried to jounce the rear of the car and it just feels like that someone has welded a piece of pipe instead of the shocks. My car now rides like a go cart feeling every tiny crack on the road. This setup does not have any forgiveness for comfort....Imagine driving a go cart which is as big as Max on highway, The car handles really good but that's not the point, Comfort flew out the window while maybe gaining a little bit of stability which could be compensated by more clever driving....Sometimes I think I might shatter the front windshield going over the bumps..... My only Advice would be, either you have enough money to buy coilovers or you don't, If you don't you are literally throwing all your golds out of window to gain a sore butt and 2" of drop. I cannot imagine that the KYB w/ Progress could be better either because from what I read Progress springs are even stiffer than the Eibachs....Damn
emilbadal is offline   Send a private message to emilbadal Find more posts by emilbadal Add emilbadal to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #2

Official Member #: 6274

Reputation Level: 8
O.G.Nat-tral is an unknown quantity at this point

Visit O.G.Nat-tral's PS3 Profile Visit O.G.Nat-tral's Twitter Visit O.G.Nat-tral's YouTube
Default Re: Eibach and KYB....Bad Combo

Thats the sacrifice of lowering the Max.. I lower mine but I went with Monroe and let me tell you.. Not the best ryde but the roads in NYC are simply horrid.. Other than that once I'm on the highway its a wrap...

Abused VQ
O.G.Nat-tral is offline   Send a private message to O.G.Nat-tral Find more posts by O.G.Nat-tral Add O.G.Nat-tral to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-06-2013, 01:38 AM   Thread Starter #3
Official Member

Official Member #: 1646

Reputation Level: 11
emilbadal is on a distinguished road

Funny thing is that I didn't have much problem with the stock ones they were smooth and working fine....I took the advice that if it's past 50K miles it's better to change struts and mine was on verge of 70K. Stock ones were not stiff at all....like these are and f*&^ I thought the clunking noise would go away by changing the shocks...Basically what I did was spend almost 300$ to put the POS struts on my car making it uncomfortable even more than I could imagine and still get the clunking noise from springs....Worst purchase of my life man...nothing against Eibach...because they were awesome with my stock struts....I don't know what to do
emilbadal is offline   Send a private message to emilbadal Find more posts by emilbadal Add emilbadal to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #4
Official Member

Official Member #: 5783

Reputation Level: 7
vicz.adriano is an unknown quantity at this point

I got kyb struts with progress spring and OEM ride feel a bit stiffer but I can hardly tell and the drop is perfect
vicz.adriano is offline   Send a private message to vicz.adriano Find more posts by vicz.adriano Add vicz.adriano to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top