Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Suspension, Handling & Brakes

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:52 AM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 5623

Reputation Level: 0
J_Pryce is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Can someone help a newbie?

Whats up my 6thgen homies,

My 2004 nissan maxima is in the shop atm and my mech. is charging me 600$ to replace and install both front end lower control arms & ball joints & sway bars, is this a good price or should look somewhere else for a cheapier price?
J_Pryce is offline   Send a private message to J_Pryce Find more posts by J_Pryce Add J_Pryce to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 06-13-2012, 01:12 AM   #2
Connecticut's Prestige 6th Gen

my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 82

Reputation Level: 25
CXJ Performance will become famous soon enoughCXJ Performance will become famous soon enough

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

Honorable Ride  

/ Point Value: 5

Default Re: Can someone help a newbie?

The control arms comes with ball joints attached and glued in , so do not let them fool you that its an seperate item. You can score the parts for about $350.00 and thats the high side so the other $250.00 is his labor which at $80.00 per hour is about right. It is about a 2-3 hour hour from begining to finish.

Were are you located?

Click the image to open in full size.
CXJ Performance is offline   Send a private message to CXJ Performance Find more posts by CXJ Performance Add CXJ Performance to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top