Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Suspension, Handling & Brakes

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:27 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 16894

Reputation Level: 0
tagius is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Broken Rear Shock Stud

Has anyone broken an upper rear shock mount stud? What did you do to fix it? It looks like the stud is spot welded in 2 places on the top side. Will I have to drill it out? Can I get to the top side from the truck or back seat? Need some ideas, PLEASE!
tagius is offline   Send a private message to tagius Find more posts by tagius Add tagius to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-01-2015, 09:16 AM   #2
Mile High Maxima

Official Member #: 510

Reputation Level: 33
Apollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%
Default Re: Broken Rear Shock Stud

Originally Posted by tagius View Post
Has anyone broken an upper rear shock mount stud? What did you do to fix it? It looks like the stud is spot welded in 2 places on the top side. Will I have to drill it out? Can I get to the top side from the truck or back seat? Need some ideas, PLEASE!
Mine was so frozen and locked in there, took the shop a really long time to get that out. Take it to a good shop, drop it off, expect to pay a little extra for the extra time.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Apollos2 is offline   Send a private message to Apollos2 Find more posts by Apollos2 Add Apollos2 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-03-2015, 12:40 AM   Thread Starter #3

Official Member #: 16894

Reputation Level: 0
tagius is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't trust any one to touch my stuff. No one has come across this? I can't believe that.
tagius is offline   Send a private message to tagius Find more posts by tagius Add tagius to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-03-2015, 07:22 AM   #4
Reputable Member

Official Member #: 6257

Reputation Level: 11
sprocketser is an unknown quantity at this point

Or get it to a shop & check them out when they work at your ride . A good machanic will do it .

Used some wd40 or something alike !

Use some heat , not too much in order not to damage anything .
Newest ride , 05 Smoke Met M/T SER Altima,NismoCAI/CatBack , Dynomax Resonator OBX Headers , RacingLine FSTB& BTD tbi, RedLionRacing Shifter Bushings tbi , EBC RedStuff Pads/ 06 350Z Base Rear Brakes/EBC Rotors , H&R springs & Triple C Camber Bolts tbi , RP MaxATF psf , Motul Brake fluids & clutch fluids , LiquiMoly Motor oil/Wix Filter , Pennzoil Synth Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+ ,
sprocketser is offline   Send a private message to sprocketser Find more posts by sprocketser Add sprocketser to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-06-2015, 11:07 PM   #5
Premier Member

Official Member #: 211

Reputation Level: 42
NiZMo1o1 has a spectacular aura aboutNiZMo1o1 has a spectacular aura aboutNiZMo1o1 has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

/ Point Value: 10

Originally Posted by tagius View Post
well the only thing you can do at this point , you can DIY and drilled the studs out and nut and bolt it ( JUST TO DRIVE IT ) to a shop and have it welded in place.

unless you know how to use a mig welder
NiZMo1o1 is offline   Send a private message to NiZMo1o1 Find more posts by NiZMo1o1 Add NiZMo1o1 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top