Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Suspension, Handling & Brakes

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:47 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 6432

Reputation Level: 0
my6thsense is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Brakes Feel Weird/ Slip

new member here from toronto! whats up 6th gen owners. i got a problem, my brakes felt funny when i was coming to a stop, it felt like it was slipping, made a funny noise like a spring kinda, any ideas on what it could be? im thinking its the abs sensor could be all rusted up but im not too sure
my6thsense is offline   Send a private message to my6thsense Find more posts by my6thsense Add my6thsense to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-26-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
Flipadelphia

Official Member #: 662

Reputation Level: 55
06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:

/ Point Value: 5

Visit 06BlckMax's PS3 Profile
Default Re: brakes feel weird/ slip

Welcome A

@BurntOrangeAppeal

------See How It Was Built------
BurntOrangeAppeal (10-26-2012), my6thsense (10-26-2012)
06BlckMax is offline   Send a private message to 06BlckMax Find more posts by 06BlckMax Add 06BlckMax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #3
Burnt Orange

Official Member #: 2887

Reputation Level: 33
BurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Brakes Feel Weird/ Slip

Welcome home

The rear ABS sensors need cleaning and/or replacement. Hopeful you didn't drive lime this too long or you will need to replace.the Actuator.

I recommend cleaning both rear sensors.

Follow this link below and make sure you clean the sensor and the hub ring which the sensors read...Follow the TSB below
http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/ba...NTB07-016b.pdf

If you cleaned everything in the rear, and inspected the front sensors and the ABS system is still malfanctioning, then you need to take the vehicle and get it scanned to see which sensor is bad....then just replace the sensor or sensors for what the codes are. Sometimes cleaning will be enough and sometimes the sensor replacement and cleaning will be necessary

If you have a "C1110" code stored this means the ABS actuator has been pumping in the background way before the issue has become evident or you noticed it and the ABS Actuator will need replacement.

You need to be really careful as the sensor bolts WILL BREAK considering you live in T.O.
Might want to have a shop do this for you.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
-=My Build Tread=-
my6thsense (10-26-2012)
BurntOrangeAppeal is offline   Send a private message to BurntOrangeAppeal Find more posts by BurntOrangeAppeal Add BurntOrangeAppeal to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #4
Senior Moderator
The Capital's 6th Gen

Official Member #: 1765

Reputation Level: 58
officerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

/ Point Value: 10

Supporting Family Member  

Official Ride  

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

/ Point Value: 5

Welcome home!
my6thsense (10-26-2012)
officerfrasher is offline   Send a private message to officerfrasher Find more posts by officerfrasher Add officerfrasher to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-26-2012, 03:32 PM   Thread Starter #5

Official Member #: 6432

Reputation Level: 0
my6thsense is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BurntOrangeAppeal View Post
Welcome home

The rear ABS sensors need cleaning and/or replacement. Hopeful you didn't drive lime this too long or you will need to replace.the Actuator.

I recommend cleaning both rear sensors.

Follow this link below and make sure you clean the sensor and the hub ring which the sensors read...Follow the TSB below
http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/ba...NTB07-016b.pdf

If you cleaned everything in the rear, and inspected the front sensors and the ABS system is still malfanctioning, then you need to take the vehicle and get it scanned to see which sensor is bad....then just replace the sensor or sensors for what the codes are. Sometimes cleaning will be enough and sometimes the sensor replacement and cleaning will be necessary

If you have a "C1110" code stored this means the ABS actuator has been pumping in the background way before the issue has become evident or you noticed it and the ABS Actuator will need replacement.

You need to be really careful as the sensor bolts WILL BREAK considering you live in T.O.
Might want to have a shop do this for you.
thanks man
my6thsense is offline   Send a private message to my6thsense Find more posts by my6thsense Add my6thsense to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top

Tags
brakes, slip, slipping

Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Suspension, Handling & Brakes