Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Suspension, Handling & Brakes

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:18 PM   Thread Starter #1
Donating Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 67

Reputation Level: 12
cubbyjg is on a distinguished road

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Awards:

/ Point Value: 5

Default Brake Speed Bleeders

I will be changing out my rotors, brake lines and pads within the next couple of weeks and as i was doing some reading, I ran into the issue of bleeding the brakes. I will be doing the job probably by myself and didnt want to shell out the dough for a vacuum bleeder set, etc. I found some speed bleeders for the maxima and im wondering if anyone has any experience with these things?
cubbyjg is offline   Send a private message to cubbyjg Find more posts by cubbyjg Add cubbyjg to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-02-2010, 10:30 PM   #2

Official Member #: 1

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube
Default Re: Brake Speed Bleeders

Yes.... makes the job really easier if you are doing it your self. I've bought a set of these when I did my 300ZX BBK on my 6thgen and sold them to a friend. I still prefer the old method with someone helping. Check out the information below.

Description:
These revolutionary new bleeder screws are similar to a stock bleed valve, except feature a spring loaded ball check valve inside. When tightened down it seals the brake system just like a stock screw. To bleed the brakes, just open the valve 1/4 to 1/2 turn and the internal check valve prevents any fluid from escaping until the brake pedal is pumped. When the pedal is pumped the pressure created opens the valve and permits any trapped air to escape.

Click the image to open in full size.

Price: $7.00 (each)

Front Bleeder: 639560
Order Link: http://www.jegs.com/i/Russell/799/63...0002/-1?CT=999

Rear Bleeder: 639570
Order Link: http://www.jegs.com/i/Russell/799/639570/10002/-1?CT=999

Installation:

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-02-2010, 11:09 PM   #3

Official Member #: 88

Reputation Level: 11
durell_usmc is an unknown quantity at this point

yea they are koool but i keep reading where you can still get air in system. Be safe and go old school
durell_usmc is offline   Send a private message to durell_usmc Find more posts by durell_usmc Add durell_usmc to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-02-2010, 11:13 PM   #4

Official Member #: 1

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube

Yeap... Can't go wrong with the classic old school partner brake bleeding. Even shop use the owner to pump the pedal. lol

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-02-2010, 11:22 PM   #5

Official Member #: 88

Reputation Level: 11
durell_usmc is an unknown quantity at this point

yea thats what my shop did when they had to fix my ish due to thos epos Blehmco lines.
durell_usmc is offline   Send a private message to durell_usmc Find more posts by durell_usmc Add durell_usmc to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top