Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Suspension, Handling & Brakes

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:16 PM   Thread Starter #1
Official Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 3739

Reputation Level: 8
maxline5708 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default ABS, SLIP, TCS OFF All On After Clean Wheel Speed Sensors

Friday i had had enough of the grinding noise and the ABS motor constantley running and finally got a few days off from work so i decides to clean the rear Wheel speed sensors and rear hubs. It was not difficult IMO and only room about an hour. The drivers side looked decent But as i could not see in the sensor i cleaned it anyway. The passengers side was awful. I have never seen so much anti sieze as if they greased a Wheel bearing with it. Anyeay i cleaned it all twice with brake parta cleaner and let dry. I re assembled and room it for a Drive. No more grinding no more motor running non stop. Everything is good except lights. As apon as i start my car there are no lights and i do not see any untill about 5 min into a Drive Then ABS,slip,tcs off come on and stay on untill i turn car off. And they stay off untill car is restarted and ran for about 5 min. My first assumption was new sensor But do not want to play the guessing take and by this or that since Im getting married next week,so any ideas?? Also i am Leaving friday for florida i do not think this will effect car during Drive if lights are on But want to double check.

Take a look at my build thread:http://my6thgen.org/f13/maxlines-05-...-redrum-21177/
maxline5708 is offline   Send a private message to maxline5708 Find more posts by maxline5708 Add maxline5708 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #2
Official Member

Official Member #: 2405

Reputation Level: 9
2damax is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: ABS, SLIP, TCS OFF All On After Clean Wheel Speed Sensors

Originally Posted by maxline5708 View Post
Friday i had had enough of the grinding noise and the ABS motor constantley running and finally got a few days off from work so i decides to clean the rear Wheel speed sensors and rear hubs. It was not difficult IMO and only room about an hour. The drivers side looked decent But as i could not see in the sensor i cleaned it anyway. The passengers side was awful. I have never seen so much anti sieze as if they greased a Wheel bearing with it. Anyeay i cleaned it all twice with brake parta cleaner and let dry. I re assembled and room it for a Drive. No more grinding no more motor running non stop. Everything is good except lights. As apon as i start my car there are no lights and i do not see any untill about 5 min into a Drive Then ABS,slip,tcs off come on and stay on untill i turn car off. And they stay off untill car is restarted and ran for about 5 min. My first assumption was new sensor But do not want to play the guessing take and by this or that since Im getting married next week,so any ideas?? Also i am Leaving friday for florida i do not think this will effect car during Drive if lights are on But want to double check.
man all my lights are on as well, but I swapped my cluster. its really irratating to look at.
Deleted Cat
Greddy Spectre Elite Exhaust
Drilled & Slotted Rotors
22" TSW Rims
2damax is offline   Send a private message to 2damax Find more posts by 2damax Add 2damax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #3
Burnt Orange

Official Member #: 2887

Reputation Level: 34
BurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura about

If you dont want to play the quessing game and throw parts at it, you have 2 options
1.You need to beg, borrow, steal a high end scan tool that will let you see codes stored withing the ABS module, more importantly a scan tool that will let you view live ABS data, in order to determine which sensor is braking input signal .

2. Take it to a reputable shop/dealer to have it scaned and let you what sensor or if ABS Actuator is bad then you perform the necessary repairs yourself.
Click the image to open in full size.
-=My Build Tread=-
BurntOrangeAppeal is offline   Send a private message to BurntOrangeAppeal Find more posts by BurntOrangeAppeal Add BurntOrangeAppeal to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #4
Senior Citizen Moderator
6th Gen Official Pops

Official Member #: 2184

Reputation Level: 69
07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice

Participation Level: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

My Awards:

/ Point Value: 5

Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

/ Point Value: 10

Honorable Ride  

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

/ Point Value: 10

My advice....listen to this man^^^. He knows what he's talking about!

Originally Posted by dstruc View Post
Next week Omar is taking us walking through the projects. Alex is getting raped for sure.
Latinmaxima (04-03-2013)
07maximan is offline   Send a private message to 07maximan Find more posts by 07maximan Add 07maximan to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2013, 12:53 AM   Thread Starter #5
Official Member

Originally Posted by 07maximan View Post
My advice....listen to this man^^^. He knows what he's talking about!
Agreed

Take a look at my build thread:http://my6thgen.org/f13/maxlines-05-...-redrum-21177/
maxline5708 is offline   Send a private message to maxline5708 Find more posts by maxline5708 Add maxline5708 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2013, 12:59 AM   Thread Starter #6
Official Member

Originally Posted by BurntOrangeAppeal View Post
If you dont want to play the quessing game and throw parts at it, you have 2 options
1.You need to beg, borrow, steal a high end scan tool that will let you see codes stored withing the ABS module, more importantly a scan tool that will let you view live ABS data, in order to determine which sensor is braking input signal .

2. Take it to a reputable shop/dealer to have it scaned and let you what sensor or if ABS Actuator is bad then you perform the necessary repairs yourself.
I will try this... Also in the first dice minutes before the lights kick on the slip light flashes as if Im spinning and the traction kicks in and slows motor down. Almost got me hit today. Will this continue to get worse with broken signal?? I am supposed to go on honeymoon and Drive my car this Sunday. If i was to wait untill lights come on so that i am not in a scary petdiciment, ie stall in middle of the road... Could i Drive my car. If i can afford it i will buy new sensor But Should i buy nissan OEM or is advanced or napa brand ok??

Old 04-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #7
Burnt Orange

BurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura about

You need to get this fixed Asap. It will not stall the vehicle or get worst other then it will happen imediately upon vehicle movement rather then taking 5 minutes.
You can pull ABS fuses and it will disable ABS/TRACTION control but it will also DISABLE your speedo.
I would follow the TSB for the ABS and clean the rear sensors before replacing them as they are quite pricey. 90% its just dirt inside the hub and not the sensor. If you have to buy a sensor buy OEM.
-=My Build Tread=-
Latinmaxima (04-03-2013)
BurntOrangeAppeal is offline   Send a private message to BurntOrangeAppeal Find more posts by BurntOrangeAppeal Add BurntOrangeAppeal to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2013, 03:10 PM   Thread Starter #8
Official Member

You need to get this fixed Asap. It will not stall the vehicle or get worst other then it will happen imediately upon vehicle movement rather then taking 5 minutes.
You can pull ABS fuses and it will disable ABS/TRACTION control but it will also DISABLE your speedo.
I would follow the TSB for the ABS and clean the rear sensors before replacing them as they are quite pricey. 90% its just dirt inside the hub and not the sensor. If you have to buy a sensor buy OEM.
This all started after cleaning rear sensors. Prior to cleaning the ABS motor was constantly on and everytime i applied my breaks the ABS would kick on. The rear passengers side was víveres in antisieze after cleaning breaks work Fine But lights cake on. Local stop is scanning ABS moduel as you suggested for 30 bucks which isnt had IMO. Hopefully as you said they can pin point which sensor is getting a broken sensor and thanks will deffinatley buy OEM

Old 04-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #9
Burnt Orange

This all started after cleaning rear sensors. Prior to cleaning the ABS motor was constantly on and everytime i applied my breaks the ABS would kick on. The rear passengers side was víveres in antisieze after cleaning breaks work Fine But lights cake on. Local stop is scanning ABS moduel as you suggested for 30 bucks which isnt had IMO. Hopefully as you said they can pin point which sensor is getting a broken sensor and thanks will deffinatley buy OEM
Anytime. Might be some dirt still inside the hub still. Scanning live ABS data while going for a drive will definately show which sensor is loosing output of 2-3mph or accelerating or decelerating erratically.
-=My Build Tread=-
Old 04-02-2013, 03:45 PM   Thread Starter #10
Official Member

Anytime. Might be some dirt still inside the hub still. Scanning live ABS data while going for a drive will definately show which sensor is loosing output of 2-3mph or accelerating or decelerating erratically.
After scanning Should i reclean the side that shows a loss of output and Then if it is still causing problema replace it? The passengers side was horrible i Should ha e taken pics. It was almost as if the sensor had been dipped in antisieze and Grease. I think a Wheel bearing had been replaced on that side and way to much Grease was used..

Old 04-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #11
Burnt Orange

After scanning Should i reclean the side that shows a loss of output and Then if it is still causing problema replace it? The passengers side was horrible i Should ha e taken pics. It was almost as if the sensor had been dipped in antisieze and Grease. I think a Wheel bearing had been replaced on that side and way to much Grease was used..
I would re-clean.
-=My Build Tread=-
Latinmaxima (04-03-2013)
Old 04-03-2013, 02:02 PM   Thread Starter #12
Official Member

I would re-clean.
After scanning today the LR showed circuit Malfunction which i am assuming means that internally there is a problem with the wiring inside the sensor or that the sensor itself is bad. The LF RF and RR were all reading the speed in as close of a unison as they can.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #13
Burnt Orange

After scanning today the LR showed circuit Malfunction which i am assuming means that internally there is a problem with the wiring inside the sensor or that the sensor itself is bad. The LF RF and RR were all reading the speed in as close of a unison as they can.
Is LR the side that the bearing was replaced? Uf so there is a possibility that someone ordered/ibstalled a non ABS hub without ABS Exciter ring. Ive ran into this issue before. Might want to check that visually if there is a ring with notches outside of the hub for the sensor to read and you've cleaned the hub then you need to replace the sensor. The sensors are non-serviceable. The only thing is to check the ABS sensor connector for corrosion.
Also, if you by any chance have a C1111 code along with the code for the LR C1102 this means you need a new ABS actuator(I doubt this Is the case) as from what you stated it takes a few minutes for the ABS malfunction to trigger. When you have a C1111 actuator code, abs malfunction usually triggers imediately upon vehicle movement.
-=My Build Tread=-
Old 04-03-2013, 05:29 PM   Thread Starter #14
Official Member

Is LR the side that the bearing was replaced? Uf so there is a possibility that someone ordered/ibstalled a non ABS hub without ABS Exciter ring. Ive ran into this issue before. Might want to check that visually if there is a ring with notches outside of the hub for the sensor to read and you've cleaned the hub then you need to replace the sensor. The sensors are non-serviceable. The only thing is to check the ABS sensor connector for corrosion.
Also, if you by any chance have a C1111 code along with the code for the LR C1102 this means you need a new ABS actuator(I doubt this Is the case) as from what you stated it takes a few minutes for the ABS malfunction to trigger. When you have a C1111 actuator code, abs malfunction usually triggers imediately upon vehicle movement.
No the Wheel bearing was replaced on the RR side and i did not see the c1111 code. I will check the connection for corrosion But i may still just replace the sensor if i can Find OEM. I have called local parte stop with no luck and am about to check stealership. Hopefully they have some lube.

Latinmaxima (04-03-2013)
Old 04-03-2013, 07:08 PM   #15
Burnt Orange

No the Wheel bearing was replaced on the RR side and i did not see the c1111 code. I will check the connection for corrosion But i may still just replace the sensor if i can Find OEM. I have called local parte stop with no luck and am about to check stealership. Hopefully they have some lube.
Yup, not cheap.
-=My Build Tread=-
Old 04-03-2013, 07:12 PM   Thread Starter #16
Official Member

Yup, not cheap.
$258.69 OEM and napa has an OEM replacement for $158.59

Old 04-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #17
Burnt Orange

$258.69 OEM and napa has an OEM replacement for $158.59
Get OEM.
Courtesyparts.com will save you a few bucks.
-=My Build Tread=-
Latinmaxima (04-03-2013)
Old 04-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #18
Miltown's Maxima
Donating Member

Official Member #: 496

Reputation Level: 30
BOOTZ has a spectacular aura aboutBOOTZ has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

My Awards:
Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

Honorable Ride  

Man, I've been dealing with these damn sensors forever!

I ended up pulling that fuse and driving around with all my lights on. Right now I'm at the point where I am just replacing the hub now. I've replaced both rear sensors and cleaned the hubs. It was good for a few months and came back, so new hub is arriving tomorrow.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #19
Burnt Orange

Originally Posted by BOOTZ View Post
Man, I've been dealing with these damn sensors forever!

I ended up pulling that fuse and driving around with all my lights on. Right now I'm at the point where I am just replacing the hub now. I've replaced both rear sensors and cleaned the hubs. It was good for a few months and came back, so new hub is arriving tomorrow.
You still didn't take care of this BOOTZ? I though this was done a while back.
-=My Build Tread=-
Old 04-03-2013, 11:28 PM   Thread Starter #20
Official Member

Click the image to open in full size. @BurntOrangeAppeal
The top two do not specify left or right But are 2 different part numbers. The fronts are identified by sides But not the rear any idea

Old 04-03-2013, 11:33 PM   #21
Burnt Orange

Click the image to open in full size. @BurntOrangeAppeal
The top two do not specify left or right But are 2 different part numbers. The fronts are identified by sides But not the rear any idea
47900 is RR
47901 is LR
-=My Build Tread=-
Latinmaxima (04-03-2013)
Old 04-03-2013, 11:37 PM   Thread Starter #22
Official Member

47900 is RR
47901 is LR
Thanks and thank you for all your help with these problema. Hopefully the new sensor will solve these issues for me

Latinmaxima (04-03-2013)
Old 04-04-2013, 12:02 AM   #23
Burnt Orange

Thanks and thank you for all your help with these problema. Hopefully the new sensor will solve these issues for me
Anytime buddy. Keep us posted.
-=My Build Tread=-
Old 04-05-2013, 07:45 PM   #24
Miltown's Maxima
Donating Member

Official Member #: 496

Reputation Level: 30
BOOTZ has a spectacular aura aboutBOOTZ has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

My Awards:
Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

Honorable Ride  

You still didn't take care of this BOOTZ? I though this was done a while back.
It was good for a few months. I ended up taking it to the dealer because I couldn't figure out which sensor was still giving me an issue. They "cleaned" the passenger side apparently. Although I had cleaned it already. They said if the problem came back I might need a new hub.

It was good for awhile but came back as soon the weather started to get bad. I think the hub might be jacked do to the sensor rubbing it. So just got a new hub yesterday, gonna try and get it in this weekend.

This car is driving me nuts lately. Might right rear back up sensor is bad too. So need a new one of those...
BOOTZ is offline   Send a private message to BOOTZ Find more posts by BOOTZ Add BOOTZ to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #25
Official Member

Official Member #: 7491

Reputation Level: 7
Nathaniel216 is an unknown quantity at this point

The same thing happened to me and still haven't found the issue. So my car is stuck in the garage cause I don't want to drive it like that. And when I lights turn on after around the 5 minutes or so of driving. My tranny is stuck in a higher gear cause it barely wants to go and when I switch my gear from drive to manual it shows 5th gear when I'm at a stop so I don't know what to do right now. I think I'm going to take it in to the dealer to get it diagnosed. Maybe I need to replace a speed sensor but I don't know which one to replace. So that's where I'm stuck at and parked
Nathaniel216 is offline   Send a private message to Nathaniel216 Find more posts by Nathaniel216 Add Nathaniel216 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top