Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Intakes, Headers & Exhaust

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:27 PM   Thread Starter #1
Official Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 14411

Reputation Level: 6
MrEnigma is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Will a 350z/G35 Takeda Fit The Maxima?

I know these cars all have the same engine, in different orrientaions, but will the G35 takeda CAI fit the 6th gen Maxima? Looks like it would work is you eliminated one of the smaller sections. Anybody have some insight?
MrEnigma is offline   Send a private message to MrEnigma Find more posts by MrEnigma Add MrEnigma to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-24-2014, 02:17 PM   #2

Official Member #: 7977

Reputation Level: 7
Maxellation is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Will a 350z/G35 Takeda Fit The Maxima?

Just curious, why don't you get a Maxima Takeda CAI (or equivalent)? Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier?

Also aren't the z and G3x engines dual intake?
Maxellation is offline   Send a private message to Maxellation Find more posts by Maxellation Add Maxellation to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-24-2014, 03:54 PM   Thread Starter #3
Official Member

Originally Posted by Maxellation View Post
Just curious, why don't you get a Maxima Takeda CAI (or equivalent)? Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier?

Also aren't the z and G3x engines dual intake?
Id prefer to, unfortunately im on a budget lol
I saw the G35 one on craigslist for like $100. Im hoping to find one forthe maxima at a fair price, whether used or not, as long as its in good condition. Im not really in a rush either, so Ill just hace to wait for the right one.

But yeah im pretty sure the G and Z are both dual intake, dont know why the guy is only selling one haha
MrEnigma is offline   Send a private message to MrEnigma Find more posts by MrEnigma Add MrEnigma to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-24-2014, 07:43 PM   Thread Starter #4
Official Member

Found a local dealership that sells the Nismo cold air intake for $250. They also have an HPS for around $230. I don't think I have seen anybody here mention the HPS, was wondering if anybody has any experience with it?
Old 04-24-2014, 08:39 PM   #5
Reputable Member

Official Member #: 6257

Reputation Level: 11
sprocketser is an unknown quantity at this point

02-06 V6 Altimas ( as 6th Gen Max ) are the same if you can find one .
Newest ride , 05 Smoke Met M/T SER Altima,NismoCAI/CatBack , Dynomax Resonator OBX Headers , RacingLine FSTB& BTD tbi, RedLionRacing Shifter Bushings tbi , EBC RedStuff Pads/ 06 350Z Base Rear Brakes/EBC Rotors , H&R springs & Triple C Camber Bolts tbi , RP MaxATF psf , Motul Brake fluids & clutch fluids , LiquiMoly Motor oil/Wix Filter , Pennzoil Synth Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+ ,
sprocketser is offline   Send a private message to sprocketser Find more posts by sprocketser Add sprocketser to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-24-2014, 11:34 PM   Thread Starter #6
Official Member

The website says they have the Nismo for both the Altima (02-06) & the Maxima (04-07).
They have a few other choices as well, ill provides some links:
NISMO forAltima$290: http://www.thenismoshop.com/Nismo-JD...06_p_1302.html

Maxima
NISMO $252
http://www.thenismoshop.com/Nismo-JD...07_p_1301.html

STILLEN$227: http://www.thenismoshop.com/STILLEN-...008_p_370.html

HPS$230: http://www.thenismoshop.com/2004-200...KE_p_1849.html

The Maxima is cheaper than the Altima, so if it is the correct model than theres no point to go with the Altima's.

What do you guys think of these Air Intakes, but more importantly, the prices.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:49 AM   #7
Reputable Member

The filter s more important than the pipe itself , I would get an ebay one & get a EAM filter .
Newest ride , 05 Smoke Met M/T SER Altima,NismoCAI/CatBack , Dynomax Resonator OBX Headers , RacingLine FSTB& BTD tbi, RedLionRacing Shifter Bushings tbi , EBC RedStuff Pads/ 06 350Z Base Rear Brakes/EBC Rotors , H&R springs & Triple C Camber Bolts tbi , RP MaxATF psf , Motul Brake fluids & clutch fluids , LiquiMoly Motor oil/Wix Filter , Pennzoil Synth Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+ ,
sprocketser is offline   Send a private message to sprocketser Find more posts by sprocketser Add sprocketser to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-25-2014, 11:27 AM   Thread Starter #8
Official Member

Originally Posted by sprocketser View Post
The filter s more important than the pipe itself , I would get an ebay one & get a EAM filter .
Did you mean AEM? Im more concerned with the quality/reliability of the part. I think id feel more comfortable with a known brand, even though I know most "perform" equally. I guess what may be the determining factor is the colors I can find.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:19 PM   #9
Reputable Member

Oops , true mate . Typo here .

But if you really want something brand-wise , get it , I m the same on some stuff myself .

It would ve been cheaper that way , just wanted to save you somne .

AEM s very good . As for the piping , it s piping ...lol

Do whatever it pleases you .
Old 04-25-2014, 03:08 PM   Thread Starter #10
Official Member

Im still doing research, comparing a few. Just saw that Nismo=AEM, & that according to some on other sites (maybe here too) Injen>AEM. Even then, they say Stillen>Injen.

Im reading that alot of people arent satisfied with the loss in low end tq that CAIs give, and now im questioning if I even want one afterall lol

I see a user here is selling a Fujita pipe, but I havent gotten a response yet as to how much shipped. I may just go with that, and buy a filter for it. Will end up paying around $150 that way. Well see.
Apollos2 (04-25-2014), sprocketser (04-26-2014)
Old 04-25-2014, 11:02 PM   #11
Mile High Maxima

Official Member #: 510

Reputation Level: 34
Apollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

I saw that pipe too, seems like a good deal. I had the Nismo and the Fujita both CAI. Now I have the R2C Warm Air Intake. it's a good compromise between stock and CAI.

CAI I did loose some low end but made up for it on just pure WOT highway power but was always concerned about sucking up water and the filter was a pain to get to to clean.

The Nismo eventually tore and the Fujita bushing broke where it attaches to the fender well. I would say the Fujita was louder and had more oomph than the Nismo.

But my R2C is a beauty in the engine bay.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
MrEnigma (04-25-2014)
Apollos2 is offline   Send a private message to Apollos2 Find more posts by Apollos2 Add Apollos2 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-25-2014, 11:07 PM   Thread Starter #12
Official Member

Originally Posted by Apollos2 View Post
I saw that pipe too, seems like a good deal. I had the Nismo and the Fujita both CAI. Now I have the R2C Warm Air Intake. it's a good compromise between stock and CAI.

CAI I did loose some low end but made up for it on just pure WOT highway power but was always concerned about sucking up water and the filter was a pain to get to to clean.

The Nismo eventually tore and the Fujita bushing broke where it attaches to the fender well. I would say the Fujita was louder and had more oomph than the Nismo.

But my R2C is a beauty in the engine bay.

Just read up on that R2C, and that one seems more promising! However, I may just hold off on the intake for now and put the cash towards something else. Thanks for your input!
Old 04-25-2014, 11:12 PM   #13
Mile High Maxima

Official Member #: 510

Reputation Level: 34
Apollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

I like a Intake and/or Y-pipe for one of the best bang for your buck mods. Good luck.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Apollos2 is offline   Send a private message to Apollos2 Find more posts by Apollos2 Add Apollos2 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-25-2014, 11:16 PM   Thread Starter #14
Official Member

Originally Posted by Apollos2 View Post
I like a Intake and/or Y-pipe for one of the best bang for your buck mods. Good luck.
Thanks, I pocketed a spare $300 that I decided I wanna put into my car. If I had the cash, I would have definitely went the intake/exhaust route