Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Intakes, Headers & Exhaust

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:42 AM   Thread Starter #1
Official Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 2119

Reputation Level: 9
mightymax is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
Default When Do You Need Fuel Control?

Hello all, have an 06 w/ CAI installed, nismo catback is on the way and considering the y-pipe conversion, also prob do the timing advance next weekend. My question is at what point do I consider fuel tuning, or is it even necessary w/o forced air setup?
mightymax is offline   Send a private message to mightymax Find more posts by mightymax Add mightymax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-10-2011, 07:32 AM   #2
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube
Default Re: When Do You Need Fuel Control?

Originally Posted by mightymax View Post
Hello all, have an 06 w/ CAI installed, nismo catback is on the way and considering the y-pipe conversion, also prob do the timing advance next weekend. My question is at what point do I consider fuel tuning, or is it even necessary w/o forced air setup?
Unless you have headers you shouldn't really need a tune. I mean you can but its not really cost efficient.

Once you get headers, you should consider getting an SAFC2 to tune your air/fuel ratios. For now you are ok!!

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top