my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum

my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum (http://my6thgen.org/)
-   Intakes, Headers & Exhaust (http://my6thgen.org/f268/)
-   -   04-08: What Resonator To Buy? (http://my6thgen.org/f268/what-resonator-buy-8021/)

deep007 03-04-2011 02:55 PM

What Resonator To Buy?
 
Hey whats up guys. How you all doin?
I just install my ebay catback its worth the money but i think its kinda loud in cabin since i have the 08 maxima. I was looking at the resonator's but dont knw which one work fine with ebay catback.
Another question if i changed the resonator i knw it will quite it down in cabin but what about the outside. Will i get the same sound that im getting right now?
Thanks
Deep

1hawaii50 03-04-2011 03:55 PM

Re: What Resonator To Buy?
 
It will lessen the in-cabin drone. You will still know that you have an exhaust, but it will be a little quieter. The resonator that most people suggest is made by Magnaflow. I'm not sure of the part number, but I don't think they off all that many of them, and I know it's HUGE.

deep007 03-04-2011 04:25 PM

Re: What Resonator To Buy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1hawaii50 (Post 133854)
It will lessen the in-cabin drone. You will still know that you have an exhaust, but it will be a little quieter. The resonator that most people suggest is made by Magnaflow. I'm not sure of the part number, but I don't think they off all that many of them, and I know it's HUGE.



Oh ok lets say i put the magnaflow or any other resonator on will it change the outside sound too? Or jusf in cabin little quieter?

Jason5291 03-04-2011 05:00 PM

Re: What Resonator To Buy?
 
I bought a ebay catback, I did not think the in cabin drone was too terrible. It was definately louder than stock, but not bad. I even installed the racingline y pipe, still not that loud. It did change the note of my exhaust though, freaking badd ass I must say. A larger resonator should quiet the exhaust inside the cabin and outside. Or you can add another small one somewhere. Good luck!

1hawaii50 03-04-2011 05:03 PM

Re: What Resonator To Buy?
 
Both, it will also be a little quieter outside of the car, but as soon as you get on it, you'll definitely hear it.

1hawaii50 03-04-2011 05:04 PM

Re: What Resonator To Buy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason5291 (Post 133885)
I bought a ebay catback, I did not think the in cabin drone was too terrible. It was definately louder than stock, but not bad. I even installed the racingline y pipe, still not that loud. It did change the note of my exhaust though, freaking badd ass I must say. A larger resonator should quiet the exhaust inside the cabin and outside. Or you can add another small one somewhere. Good luck!

What year is your car...this makes a difference. The CVT equipped car experience much more drone than the 5spd/auto cars.

Jason5291 03-04-2011 05:16 PM

Re: What Resonator To Buy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1hawaii50 (Post 133888)
What year is your car...this makes a difference. The CVT equipped car experience much more drone than the 5spd/auto cars.

I have a 2008 Nissan Maxima with the CVT as well. Yes, there is some in cabin drone but it is definately not bad. The exhaust came with a resonator for my setup. I think they all do dont they? Maybe im just used to the sound and it does not bother me like it does others...:noidea:

I did an in cabin video on my camcorder and I could not hear the exhaust (in video). Maybe I can look into posting it....

deep007 03-04-2011 05:18 PM

Re: What Resonator To Buy?
 
The drone is kinda loud here sometimes i cant even hear the radio..:(

Jason5291 03-04-2011 05:29 PM

Re: What Resonator To Buy?
 
Ya, that sucks man. Look into a big resonator. Or upgrade your stereo system so you can hear it..:lol:

1hawaii50 03-04-2011 05:30 PM

Re: What Resonator To Buy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason5291 (Post 133897)
I have a 2008 Nissan Maxima with the CVT as well. Yes, there is some in cabin drone but it is definately not bad. The exhaust came with a resonator for my setup. I think they all do dont they? Maybe im just used to the sound and it does not bother me like it does others...:noidea:

I did an in cabin video on my camcorder and I could not hear the exhaust (in video). Maybe I can look into posting it....

They all come with a small resonator, but a lot of guys either add a second small resonator inline with the other, or replace the small resonator with the Magnaflow piece to get rid of the drone. My 92 Mustang with Flowmaster droned liked CRAZY, I could never live with that in my Maxima.

deep007 03-04-2011 05:41 PM

Re: What Resonator To Buy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason5291 (Post 133897)
I have a 2008 Nissan Maxima with the CVT as well. Yes, there is some in cabin drone but it is definately not bad. The exhaust came with a resonator for my setup. I think they all do dont they? Maybe im just used to the sound and it does not bother me like it does others...:noidea:

I did an in cabin video on my camcorder and I could not hear the exhaust (in video). Maybe I can look into posting it....

ya man it does drone but its my first exhaust maybe im not use to it..but its sounds good..i asked my body shop guy what he thinks about the exhaust and he goes :drool5: ..then i asked him wht he think how much i paid his guess was not even close he said around 700-900 i was laughing..

1hawaii50 03-04-2011 05:51 PM

Re: What Resonator To Buy?
 
After having my Mustang, one of the things I REALLY like about my Maxima, is how quiet it is.

Jason5291 03-04-2011 06:12 PM

Re: What Resonator To Buy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1hawaii50 (Post 133943)
After having my Mustang, one of the things I REALLY like about my Maxima, is how quiet it is.

Are you running a stock exhaust?

deep007 03-04-2011 08:59 PM

Re: What Resonator To Buy?
 
Does anyone have the part number for magnaflow resonator with ebay catback?

1hawaii50 03-04-2011 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason5291 (Post 133958)
Are you running a stock exhaust?

Yes!

1hawaii50 03-04-2011 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deep007 (Post 134034)
Does anyone have the part number for magnaflow resonator with ebay catback?

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/u...sp?shape=Round

Pick one.

emilbadal 06-12-2011 02:41 AM

Re: What Resonator To Buy?
 
Hey guys,
I've got a question, I'm thinking about getting a dual/dual magnaflow (14568) muffler installed replacing the stock resonator. what I'm planning to do is to keep the dual pipings all the way back to the stock mufflers(yes I'll lose the third cat). I'm guessing it could increase the performance. what do you think?:blush8:

1hawaii50 06-12-2011 05:33 AM

Re: What Resonator To Buy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by emilbadal (Post 185969)
Hey guys,
I've got a question, I'm thinking about getting a dual/dual magnaflow (14568) muffler installed replacing the stock resonator. what I'm planning to do is to keep the dual pipings all the way back to the stock mufflers(yes I'll lose the third cat). I'm guessing it could increase the performance. what do you think?:blush8:

I thought somebody looked into this and found that it would actually increase drone. If I remember correctly, they went with a full single exhaust setup and have NO droning issues whatsoever.

RAZ76 06-12-2011 11:09 AM

Re: What Resonator To Buy?
 
I said this before and I will say it again. Anything aftermarket will make it louder inside...PERIOD!!! If you like quiet, then leave the exhaust alone. You just can't have nice sounding exhaust outside and be all quiet inside(hear a pin drop inside) just not possible. I mean, yeah you can play with it with resonators and such but once you bring the sound down inside, it will bring the good tone down outside too.

I've had different setups on my max alone and I did not notice the drone at all. Maybe 15+ years of aftermarket exhausts on my cars, you get used to it.:noidea:

Lulzz 06-12-2011 12:45 PM

Re: What Resonator To Buy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1hawaii50 (Post 133943)
After having my Mustang, one of the things I REALLY like about my Maxima, is how quiet it is.

X2. i had an srt-4 with an e cutout.

silvermax06 06-12-2011 03:05 PM

Re: What Resonator To Buy?
 
I got the ebay exhaust as well. I have an 06 6spd. I don't think it is loud at all. Infact i was thinking about deleting the res. But then i thought when i do get my y-pipe it would be raspy..

BOOTZ 06-12-2011 03:13 PM

Re: What Resonator To Buy?
 
I've got an extra ebay resonator if you could use that... :noidea:

emilbadal 06-12-2011 03:18 PM

Re: What Resonator To Buy?
 
how about putting two 16" round resonators and keep the pipes seperate? Has any body done this? I believe keeping them seperate will eliminate the need to go for a larger diameter pipes there and by those huge rear mufflers there is no need to worry about losing the back pressure too much.

RAZ76 06-12-2011 03:34 PM

Re: What Resonator To Buy?
 
I got a solution, get over it and get used to it. It's not that loud at all.

emilbadal 06-14-2011 05:26 PM

Re: What Resonator To Buy?
 
I did a lil resaerch and the result came that it's better to have a junction between the pipes coming from each engine block(the magnaflow 12568 and 14568 has X perforated pipes inside them). I will probably go with this setup in future.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:19 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO