Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Intakes, Headers & Exhaust

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 08-12-2012, 02:21 AM   Thread Starter #1
Official Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 3277

Reputation Level: 8
abelc273 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Water Inside Upper Intake Manifold

Ok I dont know if this is normal but when I took out the throttle body valve to put in a spacer, I could see water inside of the elbow..is that normal?
abelc273 is offline   Send a private message to abelc273 Find more posts by abelc273 Add abelc273 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-12-2012, 02:52 AM   #2
Burnt Orange

Official Member #: 2887

Reputation Level: 33
BurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Water Inside Upper Intake Manifold

How much water? Droplets? Oil is common but other then droplets if the car was sitting parked for a few days in a temperature changing climate is not normal.
Click the image to open in full size.
-=My Build Tread=-
BurntOrangeAppeal is offline   Send a private message to BurntOrangeAppeal Find more posts by BurntOrangeAppeal Add BurntOrangeAppeal to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-12-2012, 03:00 AM   Thread Starter #3
Official Member

Originally Posted by BurntOrangeAppeal View Post
How much water? Droplets? Oil is common but other then droplets if the car was sitting parked for a few days in a temperature changing climate is not normal.
It was more of a puddle and the car hasn't been parked for a few days, its my daily driver and I don't really want to turn it on until I know what that water is from
abelc273 is offline   Send a private message to abelc273 Find more posts by abelc273 Add abelc273 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-12-2012, 03:02 AM   #4
Burnt Orange

BurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by abelc273 View Post
It was more of a puddle and the car hasn't been parked for a few days, its my daily driver and I don't really want to turn it on until I know what that water is from
Are you sure you didn't get water/coolant in there when/if you unhooked the EGR small coolant hoses?
-=My Build Tread=-

Last edited by BurntOrangeAppeal; 08-12-2012 at 03:23 AM.
BurntOrangeAppeal is offline   Send a private message to BurntOrangeAppeal Find more posts by BurntOrangeAppeal Add BurntOrangeAppeal to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-12-2012, 03:16 AM   Thread Starter #5
Official Member

Are you sure you didn't get water/coolant in there when/if you unhookex the EGR small coolant hoses?
Yeah I'm 100% sure..should I just take the manifold off and empty the water and then see if it comes back?
Old 08-12-2012, 03:23 AM   #6
Burnt Orange

Originally Posted by abelc273 View Post
Yeah I'm 100% sure..should I just take the manifold off and empty the water and then see if it comes back?
I would. Because if there is as much water as you're describing chances are you will suck that up into your engine and get a misfire code from blowing out your spark.

Do you by any chance have a cold air intake? That would possibly suck up water if you are driving through puddles.
-=My Build Tread=-
DizzyinK KustomS (08-12-2012)
Old 08-12-2012, 08:47 AM   Thread Starter #7
Official Member

I would. Because if there is as much water as you're describing chances are you will suck that up into your engine and get a misfire code from blowing out your spark.

Do you by any chance have a cold air intake? That would possibly suck up water if you are driving through puddles.
I do have a cai but I did the spacers like 2 days ago so I had to take the manifold off and I havnt driven the car on the road yet, it hasn't even rained