Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Intakes, Headers & Exhaust

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 03-02-2016, 05:41 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 15552

Reputation Level: 0
AGarcia84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Totally different sounding engine after NWP spacer install but in a bad way

After I took my car to install the spacers I get a much deeper grunt and sound but not in a good way. I also hear and am aware of the chirping when you install the spacers I defiantly hear that while driving. I also change my spark plugs to iridium during the install of the spacers. I have no muffler, and I'm thinking about getting a RL precat cause I got no codes yet but think my precat went cause I get a funny smell of rotten egg in my car when I mash the gas. Can it be pre cat oriented? Too much air going in tough time getting out? Please help
Old 03-02-2016, 05:43 PM   #2
Official Member

Official Member #: 14956

Reputation Level: 6
Hausch is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Totally different sounding engine after NWP spacer install but in a bad way

I'd definitely say that your cat is going.

Posted Via Tapatalk
Hausch is offline   Send a private message to Hausch Find more posts by Hausch Add Hausch to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-02-2016, 05:56 PM   Thread Starter #3

Default Re: Totally different sounding engine after NWP spacer install but in a bad way

But I Haven't gotten any codes, is a normal thing

Posted Via Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2016, 05:58 PM   Thread Starter #4

I've also seen in this blog and heard that sometimes the cvt trannies go slowly and it won't even give you a code.... Wtf

Posted Via Tapatalk