Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Intakes, Headers & Exhaust

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 04-22-2014, 04:47 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 7354

Reputation Level: 7
KaiMax is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default P2R Throttle Body Spacer

Hey guys! My cold air intake is on the way and should be delivered this Friday. I figured since I'll be installing it anyways, why not look into a throttle body spacer? So while googling and you tubing throttle body spacers I came across this brand, P2R, hat carries a "Nissan throttle body spacer". In the description of the product it says that it fits a 2002-20011 Nissan maxima. What do you guys think? Should I try it out? Has anyone had experience with this company? Or has this even been done yet?
Any advice would appreciated!
KaiMax is offline   Send a private message to KaiMax Find more posts by KaiMax Add KaiMax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-22-2014, 05:05 PM   #2
Reputable Member

Official Member #: 6257

Reputation Level: 11
sprocketser is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: P2R throttle body spacer

NWP make some nice 5-piece spacer kit .
Newest ride , 05 Smoke Met M/T SER Altima,NismoCAI/CatBack , Dynomax Resonator OBX Headers , RacingLine FSTB& BTD tbi, RedLionRacing Shifter Bushings tbi , EBC RedStuff Pads/ 06 350Z Base Rear Brakes/EBC Rotors , H&R springs & Triple C Camber Bolts tbi , RP MaxATF psf , Motul Brake fluids & clutch fluids , LiquiMoly Motor oil/Wix Filter , Pennzoil Synth Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+ ,
sprocketser is offline   Send a private message to sprocketser Find more posts by sprocketser Add sprocketser to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-22-2014, 05:08 PM   #3
Reputable Member

He also makes a TB Spacer as well , PM that guy ; it s one of his threads .

The NWP Engineering 3pc Thermal Intake Spacer Kit For 02-08 Maxima VQ35DE - $154.99
Newest ride , 05 Smoke Met M/T SER Altima,NismoCAI/CatBack , Dynomax Resonator OBX Headers , RacingLine FSTB& BTD tbi, RedLionRacing Shifter Bushings tbi , EBC RedStuff Pads/ 06 350Z Base Rear Brakes/EBC Rotors , H&R springs & Triple C Camber Bolts tbi , RP MaxATF psf , Motul Brake fluids & clutch fluids , LiquiMoly Motor oil/Wix Filter , Pennzoil Synth Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+ ,
sprocketser is offline   Send a private message to sprocketser Find more posts by sprocketser Add sprocketser to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-22-2014, 10:28 PM   Thread Starter #4

Originally Posted by sprocketser View Post
He also makes a TB Spacer as well , PM that guy ; it s one of his threads .

The NWP Engineering 3pc Thermal Intake Spacer Kit For 02-08 Maxima VQ35DE - $154.99
Yeah, i know of the NWP spacer kits, but they are all intake manifold spacers. Unless I missed the throttle body spacer. From what i have read/heard the NWP spacer kits are hard to install and costly if you take it to a shop.
Please correct me if my information is wrong though.

These P2R spacers go on before your intake.
KaiMax is offline   Send a private message to KaiMax Find more posts by KaiMax Add KaiMax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-22-2014, 10:30 PM   Thread Starter #5

Default Re: P2R Throttle Body Spacer

here is a link to its installation so you can see what it looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-jlehHb_14
Old 04-22-2014, 10:35 PM   #6
Reputable Member

Originally Posted by KaiMax View Post
here is a link to its installation so you can see what it looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-jlehHb_14
I know what it is fella ( I don t want to soung rude here ) , I wrote it as well as the 5-pieces spacer kit , you ll have more results with these together than only the TB . I just added the 5-Piece to this thread .
Old 04-22-2014, 10:38 PM   #7
Reputable Member

Unless you already have the 5-Piece Kit already .
Old 04-23-2014, 06:56 AM   #8

Official Member #: 1

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube

Yeah, i know of the NWP spacer kits, but they are all intake manifold spacers. Unless I missed the throttle body spacer. From what i have read/heard the NWP spacer kits are hard to install and costly if you take it to a shop.
Please correct me if my information is wrong though.

These P2R spacers go on before your intake.
I have the kit from NWP. It comes with a Throttle Body Spacer. Its best to have the whole kit for the most cooling efficiency.

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-23-2014, 10:00 PM   Thread Starter #9

Originally Posted by sprocketser View Post
I know what it is fella ( I don t want to soung rude here ) , I wrote it as well as the 5-pieces spacer kit , you ll have more results with these together than only the TB . I just added the 5-Piece to this thread .
None taken man. That's why I joined the forum and post questions, to learn. I really appreciate your input. I was just curios because i have not seen the P2R spacer used before. And i don't want to pay an arm and a leg for the installation of the NWP spacer.
I will definitely look more int the NWP spacers though. thanks again!
sprocketser (04-24-2014)
Old 04-24-2014, 08:27 AM   #10

Official Member #: 1

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube

None taken man. That's why I joined the forum and post questions, to learn. I really appreciate your input. I was just curios because i have not seen the P2R spacer used before. And i don't want to pay an arm and a leg for the installation of the NWP spacer.
I will definitely look more int the NWP spacers though. thanks again!
How much does that P2R one cost?

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-25-2014, 08:32 PM   Thread Starter #11

Originally Posted by EddyMaxx View Post
How much does that P2R one cost?
Hey Eddy, the P2R costs $70 and looks to be an easy install.
Here is the link incase you want to take a look

http://www.powerrevracing.com/P2R-Ni...cer-p/p337.htm
Old 04-25-2014, 10:39 PM   #12
Mile High Maxima

Official Member #: 510

Reputation Level: 33
Apollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

I'd buy the whole kit and just install the TB spacer until you have the $$ to install the full kit. NWP is top quality stuff, had my kit in since 2005 2006 can't even remember now. And they represent for the Maxima. Just my .02

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Apollos2 is offline   Send a private message to Apollos2 Find more posts by Apollos2 Add Apollos2 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-26-2014, 03:29 PM   Thread Starter #13

Originally Posted by Apollos2 View Post
I'd buy the whole kit and just install the TB spacer until you have the $$ to install the full kit. NWP is top quality stuff, had my kit in since 2005 2006 can't even remember now. And they represent for the Maxima. Just my .02
How much did it cost you to install the NWP spacer kit?
Old 04-26-2014, 06:49 PM   #14
Mile High Maxima

Official Member #: 510

Reputation Level: 33
Apollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

hmmm....man that was a long time ago. I actually don't remember You want someone to do it right, make sure no RTV gets down in the engine. It's worth making sure you use someone who knows what they are doing.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Apollos2 is offline   Send a private message to Apollos2 Find more posts by Apollos2 Add Apollos2 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top

Tags
p2r, spacer, throttle body

Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Intakes, Headers & Exhaust