Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Intakes, Headers & Exhaust

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 12-28-2010, 05:51 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 474

Reputation Level: 13
mrmurphz is on a distinguished road

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default NWP Spacer Installation Question

Has anyone here that installed the spacers skip the coolant bypass mod? I had the fitting in but didn't like the idea of the brass fittings into the TB being exposed and ended up reinstalling the coolant hoses.

Can someone weigh in on this? I've read that the coolant through the TB is pointless in non freezing temps but is there any other reason for it to be there?
Old 12-28-2010, 07:09 PM   Thread Starter #2

Official Member #: 474

Reputation Level: 13
mrmurphz is on a distinguished road

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Re: NWP Spacer Installation Question

Originally Posted by mrmurphz View Post
Has anyone here that installed the spacers skip the coolant bypass mod? I had the fitting in but didn't like the idea of the brass fittings into the TB being exposed and ended up reinstalling the coolant hoses.

Can someone weigh in on this? I've read that the coolant through the TB is pointless in non freezing temps but is there any other reason for it to be there?
Found my answer from Aaron. Other than simplifying the install, the bypass prevents the hot coolant from heating up the elbow and TB.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:20 PM   #3

Official Member #: 1

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube
Default Re: NWP Spacer Installation Question

Correct. Didn't see this thread until now. Glad you figured it out.

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top